Sign in to follow this  
bigchaz

business card feedback

Question

32 answers to this question

Nice, I like big thick glossy cards but I don't write on mine either. Glad to see you used both sides. I like your logo in the background on the back, is that like an indent or a ghost image?

I too like to be able to write on the back, if you dont care about that its not a problem. I think the cards are awesome and look very professional!!!!!!!!

Those cards will help get you some work for sure!!!!!

Jeff

Charlie,

Real nice. The wood looks like clear cedar. Keith of KBK GraphX redesigned my cards last month. Does fine work at reasonable prices and delivers the goods quickly.

What is the "fish" outline next to the Discover card, something symbolic or do you accept fish for payment?

Charlie,

Real nice. The wood looks like clear cedar. Keith of KBK GraphX redesigned my cards last month. Does fine work at reasonable prices and delivers the goods quickly.

What is the "fish" outline next to the Discover card, something symbolic or do you accept fish for payment?

Fish for payment, YOU KILL ME!!!!! thats some funny stuff

You see the fish everywhere around here. Jesus was a fisherman. Theres sevearl that advertise God, Jesus or church around here in the bible belt. I have a guy that used to live behind me and he had a PW company called M.I.C - Men in Christ - Welcome to the bible belt

I saw one the other day and the fish had legs and said Darwin (sp) cracked me up

Funny

Jeff,

I honestly did not have any idea what that "fish" symbolized. Goes to show how ignorant a secular Yankee godless heathen can be.

An acquaintance a few winters ago asked me to see if I could create a logo for his anticipated part-time interior painting business. Went out on the web, got a nice wavy colorful rainbow, changed it a bit, and put his name on.

I show him the first draft and he is appalled and really mad. Come to find out some half-moon rainbow symbol has something to do with gay rights or gay lifestyle, still not sure.

Like those yellow plastic bracelets that everyone wore for a while. Never did figure that one out.

That is one sharp looking business card...It say's exactly what it needs to say, but it's not cluttered..I need to re-thing my card now. Your card kicks my cards %ss......

Rick,

The yellow bracelet is in support of cancer research, in support of living strong with cancer and living strong as a survivor.......I wear one now............My mom passed away nearly 3 years ago from cancer so I wear it to remember her......Lance Armstrong is the spokesman for "LIVESTRONG", which is on the bracelet....I think Lance is a great role model for surviving, and excelling.....But the fool dumped the smokin Cheryl Crow, so something is not quite right with him.....lol..

Stephen Andrews

Power Washing

Home & Property

Care & Maintenance

Jeff,

I honestly did not have any idea what that "fish" symbolized. Goes to show how ignorant a secular Yankee godless heathen can be.

An acquaintance a few winters ago asked me to see if I could create a logo for his anticipated part-time interior painting business. Went out on the web, got a nice wavy colorful rainbow, changed it a bit, and put his name on.

I show him the first draft and he is appalled and really mad. Come to find out some half-moon rainbow symbol has something to do with gay rights or gay lifestyle, still not sure.

Like those yellow plastic bracelets that everyone wore for a while. Never did figure that one out.

Rainbow ....Funny, he must of been pissed

Rick you're getting old dude, you got to keep up with the times

which ear do you wear your earring LOL

Jeff,

Yeah, he was real mad. Like I thought he was gay or something. It was pretty funny.

I am getting old. No earrings, but I do need two hearing aids.

Yaz,

Kind of knew it had something to do with Lance but I never keep up with that kind of stuff. Who is Cheryl Crow?

She is the lead singer in the black Crows...She used to be in the group counting crows.....She also played the Scare crow in the Wizard of Oz..Last I heard she was "somewhere over the RAINBOW".............She used to be very pretty till Lance dumped her...Now she is riddled with crows feet............She had to leave the country and move to south america.............2,500 miles, as the crow flys..........She changed her name to Dorothy and joined a band called Toto.........She has since married a girl named "Roseanna"

Stephen Andrews

Power Washing

Home & Property

Care & Maintenance

Yaz,

Ok, I have heard of the Black Crows. Was a pretty good band, no?

Riddled with crows feet, crow flys, Toto, Hah! Think you are trying to confuse this old bird.

She isn't messing with Rosie O'Donnel is she? That woman has a monster head that looks like a pumpkin.

If I play my cards right, my wife and I will be moving permanently to Costa Rica in a few years. Figure get a silent citizen partner and open up Windsor WoodCare South. Distribute Ready Seal products to all of Central America. Hah!

hahah Rick the fish question is probably the funniest thing ive heard in a long time!!

I think i might actually play the fish off on people

Customer: I see you have the fish on your card, glad to see your a Christian contractor

Me: (redneck voice) Christian? Naw i just lovveeee me some fish

Haha but yea like Jeff said its symbolic for Christ. He was a fisher and instructed his disciples to be fishers of men. I could go into the salvation story, but you get the idea. Its to let people see that they are working with someone who has principles based on the gospel.

Anyhow on the card:

Do you think the fact that I looks like cedar is a bad thing? Ive never done cedar in my life (not big around here apparently)

lol..Stephen yer killing me..... one question though... whod does this mean is eatin the crow??

..speaking of fish..anyone wonder why this late night kinda guy is up so early on the leftist coast?..ok you guessed it..gotta test out my new striper pole..

I Wish I was eatin Crow.....A crow in hand is worth two in the bush...lol........Thats enough of that though...........

Stephen Andrews

Power Washing

Home & Property

Care & Maintenance

Charlie,

My apologies. I am very ignorant when it comes to religion. Did not mean to be sacreligeous or anything, especially on a Sunday morning!

Do you think the fact that I looks like cedar is a bad thing?

No, not at all. I think the wood looks real good on your business card. I had a graphic artist do my logo 4 yrs. ago, and he put something similar together for me. Actually was a customer with a nice mahogany deck.

Had Keith rearrange some stuff and put my website on my card, etc. Aside from a few element spacing changes, my card now looks like this:

WindsorWoodBIZCARDPROOF.jpg

Keith does very good work. Have him "blowing up" the size of the logo now, so I can get a good quality graphic on my truck.

The card looks good. The background is very similar to my RAD label.

I approach this next topic like I am holding a gasoline soaked rag entering the gates of hell.. Religious affiliation, political affiliation, sexual orientation etc has no place in business. If it serves to win one customer, it will alienate 20. If it is your intention to only service those that are Christians then I understand. If your goal is to market your company to people qualified to pay for your level of care, I would rethink this one.

I approach this next topic like I am holding a gasoline soaked rag entering the gates of hell.. Religious affiliation, political affiliation, sexual orientation etc has no place in business. If it serves to win one customer, it will alienate 20. If it is your intention to only service those that are Christians then I understand. If your goal is to market your company to people qualified to pay for your level of care, I would rethink this one.

I suppose it depends on where you live. Here, it wouldn't alienate many, if any...Unless it was particularly pushy and very overt. A fish on the backside of a card isn't push or overt. I simply says "I am a Christian".

And regardless of where you live, for some of us, this is who we are, and I simply cannot separate my business persona from my personal persona. I am who I am all the time, and God is a huge part of my life. I won't hide that nor change who I am simply to win customers. Every customer is, IMO, a blessing from God, and if it were not for Him, I wouldn't be anywhere close to where I am now. If someone is offended by my beliefs, or my incorporation of those into my business or marketing material, that's their problem. I don't push my beliefs on anyone, so if the simple fact that I believe what I believe offends someone, well, they need to get a grip and deal with it.

I sort of feel that way also. I think it could alienate some.

I dont think theres anything wrong with you showing your religionbut I do think it could cost you some business POSSIBLY

Its funny, I know this one contractor and he has the fish and some christian quotes on all his trucks( about 3) and he has his advertising with religious stuff and I know for a fact he's a total ass and does subpar work and he owes people money. I just find its funny how he trys to sell himself, its wrong

See RICK, you had to ask about the fish

:) I think the card is awesome...............Better than that devil worshippers Ricks card LOL

I suppose it depends on where you live. Here, it wouldn't alienate many, if any...Unless it was particularly pushy and very overt. A fish on the backside of a card isn't push or overt. I simply says "I am a Christian".

And regardless of where you live, for some of us, this is who we are, and I simply cannot separate my business persona from my personal persona. I am who I am all the time, and God is a huge part of my life. I won't hide that nor change who I am simply to win customers. Every customer is, IMO, a blessing from God, and if it were not for Him, I wouldn't be anywhere close to where I am now. If someone is offended by my beliefs, or my incorporation of those into my business or marketing material, that's their problem. I don't push my beliefs on anyone, so if the simple fact that I believe what I believe offends someone, well, they need to get a grip and deal with it.

They will deal with it, to the effect of NOT doing business with you. I agree with your beliefs Mike and if that spills over into my personality and who I am, that's great. But I don't agree with mixing that in with my advertising, it has no advantage and would only potentially cost me work. You don't need to hide anything from customers just don't put it in their face if it's not going to benefit you or them. It's like the whole merry xmas thing. It doesn't bother me to say that but on my xmas cards to my existing clients I went with the Happy Holidays theme, why offend someone with the xmas thing if it's not going to help my business. IMO don't mix religion and business, just stay nuetral on the subject and nobody will get offended. It's not like someone is going to get mad and not do business with you because you don't have a religious symbol on your advertising.

I sort of feel that way also. I think it could alienate some.

I dont think theres anything wrong with you showing your religionbut I do think it could cost you some business POSSIBLY

Its funny, I know this one contractor and he has the fish and some christian quotes on all his trucks( about 3) and he has his advertising with religious stuff and I know for a fact he's a total ass and does subpar work and he owes people money. I just find its funny how he trys to sell himself, its wrong

See RICK, you had to ask about the fish

:) I think the card is awesome...............Better than that devil worshippers Ricks card LOL

Agreed, some people try to push the religion angle not because it is who they are, but because they hope to be able to use it to get more work...And that's just wrong.

That being said, we're not perfect either. I've been a total ass right here on this board more than once...but that's not who I am most of the time.