Sign in to follow this  
Jeff

Back of a pickup

Question

Alright does everybody have everything they need on their trailer or is the back of your pickup truck used for PW stuff

Man my pickups are loaded with stuff. I probably use more hoses, water & pressure hoses than most. I have some good sized trailer and i still have a ton of s**t in my trucks. I have to, theres times like this week we are running up to 500 feet of pressure line on a few machines and having to run extra water hose from hydrants, brooms, blowers

I believe in having everything I need on a truck & trailer, you never know whats going to come up

Whats your pick up look like????

I think I'll just buy a 53' tractor trailer and maybe I'll have enough room LOL

14 answers to this question

I'm constantly cleaning out the bed of my pickup truck. I probably clean it out every other day. My trailer is open, so it's just easier to toss something in the bed of the truck then having to strap it down on the trailer. My Nissan's got the short bed too, so it doesn't hold much. It's about time for a new bigger truck and a bigger trailer. But even if I had a 24 foot enclosed trailer, I bet I'd still have stuff in the trucks bed.

Full of hoses, buckets, gas can, and my tool box which is full of enough tools to build a house. I don't mind using the back of my truck along with stuff on the trailer, that's what a truck is for. I have a toolbox on the tongue of my trailer that is full of stuff too. Man I have a lot of crap : )

I use the bed for small easy to handle items such as ext. poles, surface cleaners, cones, & chem jugs.

Trailer has the standard machine, tanks and reels, plus the vacuum system, 100 feet of vac hose 200 feet of supply hose and 250 feet of pressure hose.

If I had to, I can cram it all on the trailer, but I would be over my weight limit real fast, and look like Sanford & Son as well.

The bed of Roger's truck is a NIGHTMARE! Stain, chems, extensions, scrapers, buckets, Grizzley cans, Mtn Dew bottles, tools, tool box, gas cans.....there's no telling. I am thankful for a long bed truck and an open trailer! I can't imagine what an enclosed would turn into!

Celeste

The sight of the back of my old Dodge was what convinced me to go with a van. More room, places to hang stuff, shelves - and I can lock it all up when working in certain areas and at night - and no one can see what a bunch of junk I wind up toting around!. My trailer is self-contained, so unless they strip it, there's not much to steal. (Been thinking about some kind of motion detector/alarm for the trailer.)

The bed of my truck is full of stuff. Chems, extra high pressure hose, garden hose, tools, extensions, surface cleaner, wands, empty drink bottles, etc. The passenger side of the cab isn't much better.

To avoid the mess, we remove everything at the end of each shift to account for all items checked out and the fill any containers and keep an up to date inventory. I have seen the backs of others vans and trucks and being a bit of a neat freak (goes with the job eh?) I insist on everything being orderly at all times as much as possible. My crews appreciate that they can always find what they need and it is easy to get to.

We use check out/in sheets to keep track of all equipment, tools, chems, etc.

Rod!~

I'm still working out of the back of a pickup w/ shell. 8' box supercab. I have 2 toolboxes & all of my gear in there. Had to build shelves for my wands, reels, etc... The sides of the topper open though. The back seat of the truck is full of the 'cleaner' tools, and the passenger seat is my office. Had to mount my sc to the inside of the roof. Every day whn I get home I have to attempt to make sure everything is in order. Otherwise it would be even more of a mess. Still new to the biz. I'm saving for a 14' straight truck, but I know I'll just fill that up too.

I wish my bicycle had a bed. Heck it was tuff enough to get a 2in. ball on the back fender. I was thinking of adding one of those little baskets on the handlebars. Does bob sale those? Maybe I can get it in stainless. If I ever get a truck, I can start marketing uphill!

Nothing in the bed (eye candy) for thieves. I am with Rod I am a neat freak and think stuff piled also in the back is a bad image.

Just my 2 cents though

I have everything on the trailer with the pressure washer. The trailer has sides that come up about 1'. I can sore everything that I need on the trailer. I do park the trailer in a garage to avoid theft.

My pickup bed is clean. But the bacxk seat of my crew cab truck is a real mess.

Barry

Got real busy the other day. The bed of the truck doesn't usually look like this, but after a long days work I was ready to be home, so I just started tossing stuff. The next morning I cracked up laughing at it and decided to take a picture for this post.

post-2570-137772178969_thumb.jpg