Sign in to follow this  
Jon

Traffic Tickets

Question

Don't know if this is true, but...

WHAT TO DO IF YOU GET A TRAFFIC TICKET

This system has been tried and it works in every state. If you get a

speeding ticket or went through a red light or whatever the case may

be, and you're going to get points on your license.

This is a method to ensure that you DO NOT get the points. When you

Get your fine, send in a check to pay for it. If the fine is $79.00 make the check out for $82.00 or some small amount over the fine. The system will then have to send you back a check for the difference, however here is the trick.

DO NOT CASH THE REFUND CHECK! Throw it away! Points are not

assessed to your license until all financial transactions are

complete. If you do not cash the check, then the transactions are NOT complete. The system has received its money and is satisfied and will no longer bother you.

This information comes from an unmentionable computer company that sets up the standard databases used by every state.

---------------------

Send this to everyone you know. You never know when they may need a break.

25 answers to this question

Sounds good......I wish I knew this trick about 20 years ago. I used to get tickets about every other month when I was a teen but haven’t had one in the last 8 years or so.....my daughter’s driving now but no tickets yet thank God. The 13 year old boy is the one that scars me, “ drive faster Dad” “ just go thru it” and he wants a 65 mustang with a beefed up 289...

last year I got a ticket for rolling a stop sign. That trick would not work here. No matter what the ticket is for, you have to go to court. You cannot mail in the fine. And of course there is a court cost....I,m shocked.

So that is why I could not get to you front door last night Alan?

Just what did YOU DO this TIME?

I have not done that, not sure it works, that was sent to me and I just sort of passed it on.

WOuld be a neat trick it it really works.

Used to be going to traffice court and school wiped out the ticket and there was no fine, just school cost, now it cost the fulll amount, court cost and schooling.

No I have not had a ticket in many a year but I am a hard driver.

Luck I guess.

the refund check you recieve has a date on it.

It must be cashed in [x-amount] of day's.

After that date it's void.

This automaticly trigger's the computer to finnish the transaction.

Your still busted.

Ron P. some little town called Simi Valley, a lot of cops and fireman live there!

Cleveland what were you driving?

Alan you off the hook, wife contacted friends she worked with at the Parole Dept. It was another with same last name.

Jon

Things not to say when pulled over.

I did not realize my radar detector was not plugged in.

You must have been doing 140 mph to catch up with me.

Ah Man!, Your not going to search the trunk are you?

How long will this take? Your wife is expecting me.

Could you hold my beer while I look for my license?

I just had pork for dinner, what a coincidence.

I will trade you donuts for a warning.

Go ahead search the car, I sold all my crack three blocks ago.

Song for JON from one of my favorite bands the CLASH when I was a youngster.

The song titled may be what this verse is said over and over in the song "I fought the law and the law won, I fought the law and the law won!"

Worse case scenario of doing what Jon posted is that since you wrote the wrong amount for the fine it may screw up there system and if that happens it will only be an inconvenience in your part when they suspend your license because the correct amount was not paid.

Mess with the system will only give you a major headache even after you prove yourself right.........is it worth it???

JohnT:

You're telling me that if I OVERPAY a ticket, they'll suspend my license because of it? Gimme a break....I don't really believe this gimmick will work, since not all court systems use the same computer systems, etc etc etc, but I certainly can't see trying it as a cause for them to suspend your license.

Better to just go the speed limit...

So which of you guys is going to test it and report back if it really works?

If it does not just Email us your cell number,(prison, not phone) and we will all send you get out of jail free cards!

Oneness,

Welcome to the system. Here's a tip--try not to mess with it because its messed up enough-- it could turn around and bight you in the rump if you do.

If you do happen to try to buck the system let us know if it was really worth it. I did it once years ago on a different type of traffic violation and I thought I was a hero. End result my Father got the ticket and he was never in the car and.....you guessed it he was found guilty in court..Of course I paid the fine. Still my old man was pissed!! He looked like this>:mad:

I got lucky last year. I was stopped for speeding, (slowest vehicle in the end of the pack, so go figure that) and when I called the court to extend my court date, I found that I was not in the system. It is automated, so I entered both the citation and my Driver License numbers. "No entry by those numbers has been found, please try again" was the voice of the recording.

I called a live person and asked what the deal was and they said that the officer must have forgotten to turn in the ticket, so please check back in a few days.

I have been checking every week since February and no record is found. I am not sure what the statue of limitations is for a traffic ticket when the thing is almost a year old, but I check back every week just to see if some car wash attendant found it between the seats and it maybe got turned in.

In California, if they issue a warrant for failure to appear on traffic charges, they do not come and get you, they just wait for the day when you get your license run for something else and pick you up then. My luck will be that in 10 years or so I will get stopped and they will say that I am being taken in for a 10 year old traffic warrant. That'll be the day.

Alan CYA, every time you call make a written note of time and date and answer.

If ever your called in you show that paper to the Judge and I bet he dismisses it.

Also get names of whom you speak with if live person.

I was driving my car with an expired tag (I had the new tag at home, just was too lazy to put it on). I was stopped and given a ticket. Two days later, the officer who pulled me over called and asked if I could meet him somewhere. HE FORGOT TO SIGN THE TICKET!!!! He said that if I took my license and proof that I had the tag beforehand into court, he would request the charges be dropped for my inconvenience. Long story short, things didn't work out like he promised and I had to pay half the fine. Never again will I go out of my way like that again (unless I can sell a fleet cleaning contract to the police dept.!).

Ryan H.

In my youth, I was hell on wheels and got many tickets for many things. I will confess that I did violate many traffic laws, but I was also pulled over and cited many times for no valid reason. I swore that the local PD had a picture of my car in the briefing room and talked about me.

Once when I was also pulled over for an expired tag, which I had forgotten to put on because I was replacing the engine and when I got it running I was so excited it slipped my mind. When I pulled out my registration for the officer, the new tag was stapled to the card. I asked him for a break since I had it right there, but he said no.

I signed the ticket and before he got back to his car, I jumped out and placed the tag on my plate.

This was considered an infraction/fix it ticket at the time and all I needed to do was get it signed off at the dept that I now have my tag and that would be it. No fine, no court etc.

So I go to the station which was 5 minutes away and say that I want to get a citation signed off, and that it was only 15 minutes old. They called the watch commander out to question me and when he saw the time on the ticket, he requested that officer to return to the station. When he did, the WC grinded him on why he wrote a citation when I had the tag in my hand. He said that since their was no fine involved, that he just wasted time for nothing.

I felt better that day knowing that even though I was wrong to forget the tag, that the officer looked like an idiot when he got spoken to in front of the offender.

Was a wild child, hot rodding hell bent on beating anything that could outrun a 430 Lincoln engine in a 1960 Ford 1/2 ton short bed with 4 speed, Isky cam, Hooker headers, nice big slicks on rear wheels and more.

No cop in Santa Monica, West Los Angeles or the Valley had the guts to pull me over, they all knew who I was and that my Dad was a big shot who knew all the right people!

hey back then BIG business had advantages, or should I say family of Big business owners had special privleges:)

The only time I got my butt whipped was by my dad when again back in the 50s it was the thing to name your car and the name I picked was after a movie, Rebel Without a Cause. The "Rebel" was painted on the 1/4 panel.

Man did my Dad blow a gasket, after that word was put out that I was fair game to pull over and did I get tickets, I could not figure it out but I was a teenage rebel anyway.

Hmm, have I changed yet?

Yes I had to go to Juvi court with my Mom and yes I did loose my license for a short time.

YES I snuck out and drove anyway, hey my bedroom had it's own door to the outside world.

Those were the days my friends, those were the days.

Jon,

You sound like my type of guy. Alot of my friends from the old days can't believe I became the law considering that I was in a Rock and roll band(We sucked) I had long hair and numerous tickets on my license.

Its like the Mel Brooks Movie "History of the world part I" where the guy says "Its good to be the king" I say now to my friends "Its good to be the law"

Happy holidays Buddy and to everyone else.