Sign in to follow this  
One Tough Pressure

Super Duty F-450

Yes, as long as its not in the shop. I have some friends who have had problems with the 08's. Nothing major but a pain to have to leave it at the shop for a day or two.

That's a very nice looking Ford!

Of course it will pull your trailer, and also half the world.

IMO. Ford is building the best trucks for working and getting a job done.

I use an F-150, it has never let me down. Zero problems. Hecho en Mexico.

The truck looks big. Do you NEED that much truck?

Least you can get by with comfortably that will accomplish the task, is best.

To me, it looks like an over-the-road, long haul vehicle, to carry a work crew of 3 or 4, pulling a 28ft or better 5th wheel trailer loaded with about 10k lbs.

If that is your goal, you will be very happy.

It would also be great lowered, with flames and a shell, pulling a nice ski boat to the river!

r

Thats some good looking workhorse of a truck. I still have my Dodge 3500 Dually that I sometimes carry 4000lbs of water in the bed along with towing my 10,000lb trailer. This truck drives as if there is nothing being towed or carried.

I also have a Ford F-550 and a Ford F-350 with one for personal use(350) and the other to carry 10,000lbs of water and also tow a trailer. All 3 are diesel and work great for what I use them for.

If that Ford is a gas truck then I wouldn't buy it because of the less mpg that you'll get for a truck of that size.

The hips are to wide on that truck. If I had the money to buy a 1 ton it would be a F350 4x4,4 wheel version not a dually.

Around here sticker price on a F250 is $49k and a F350 is $52k so for a few thousand $$$ more you can get a lot more towing and payload capacity.Not that I would pay sticker price on either.

The truck looks big. Do you NEED that much truck?

No, I want that much truck.

So Alan, do you enjoy being a troll???

Stick with the F-250. They are intimidating enough for most people.

I am tired Scott, what do you mean by "Troll"?

To late, the 250 is gone, and the 450 is here. Time for a change.

Tell ya what though; better check what rear is in it. I believe all the 450's come with is a 4.88 and a few people I have talked to that have bought one are upset.

Their mileage is only around 9-10. One guy did tell me though that he gets 9.5 empty and 9.5 pulling 18,000 pounds! I'll stick with the Cummins!:lgsideway

Ha! You DID buy it...

Change is good. You'll have great fun with that nice truck.

is it gas or diesel? 7.3 or 6.0 ?

Can't tell if 4x4..

was the f250 supercab also?

Ha! I ran a 3500 chev dually flatbed daily for 5yrs. You'll need to make some adjustments in the way you do things, but that's part of the fun.

r

Oh shoot, I was thinking that it was just a dream. Never mind. They are very nice trucks. I had an f-550 for a while, and it seemed to get me about 10-12 MPG around town pulling a trailer. My guys loved it. I would have kept it except it was a purpose built truck and the accoutn I bought it for lied to me, and dried up. It will turn far tighter than your f-250.

Alan,

Nice truck. I don't see a diesel sign by the fender though... You will get around 6-9 mpg in the gas, 10-11 in the diesel (towing) and 15-18 (not towing). If it's not a diesel my suggestion would be to find one.. they can always dealertrade for you.

Scott,

It was a dream, and one that came true. I was on the back lot looking for a Limited Expedition EL for my wife and stumbled upon this right off the truck. Was your 550 the one with the lift and such?

Rich,

It has the 6.4, no it is not 4x4, and this is crew cab vs my super cab on the 250.

Dodge is ugly, Chevy is loud, FORD RULES

Alan,

Nice truck. I don't see a diesel sign by the fender though... You will get around 6-9 mpg in the gas, 10-11 in the diesel (towing) and 15-18 (not towing). If it's not a diesel my suggestion would be to find one.. they can always dealertrade for you.

The 2008 has the engine on the badge vs the door or fender.

post-12-13777218198_thumb.jpg

If you get the 6.4 diesel ford make SURE the exhaust recall is done before you drive it. Apparently the engine mapping allows the exust temp to be hotter to allow total combustion of gasses in the pipe and it gets too hot and catches on fire. Also Navstar and Ford are not playing well since navstar wants for to pay a non-discounted price on the engines. So far the 6.4 is worlds better than the 6.0 diesel.

I will check on the fire issue, as I will be at the dealer today for some upgrades. I read a small bit in regards to the navstar deal, and it was basically that Ford will pay retail for all further engines they receive unless something is worked out.

Hey Alan if you don't mind me asking how much did you pay for that Ford Beauty?

The last time I bought a brand new truck for my business was a 97 Dodge Dually. It was a black beauty. The guy who worked for me at that time was using it for a job and I told him to back down this street instead of trying to turn the truck and trailer around. He decided that he could do a 20 point turn with the truck and trailer...needless to say when he came back from the job the hood of this truck was scratched from him turning into the bushes. I was bummed but after those first scratches the others this truck got in the future werent as tough for me to take. Still I kept this truck as cleaned as possible as I do with all my trucks.

Hey Alan if you don't mind me asking how much did you pay for that Ford Beauty?

The last time I bought a brand new truck for my business was a 97 Dodge Dually. It was a black beauty. The guy who worked for me at that time was using it for a job and I told him to back down this street instead of trying to turn the truck and trailer around. He decided that he could do a 20 point turn with the truck and trailer...needless to say when he came back from the job the hood of this truck was scratched from him turning into the bushes. I was bummed but after those first scratches the others this truck got in the future werent as tough for me to take. Still I kept this truck as cleaned as possible as I do with all my trucks.

We will just say that sticker was under $54,000, I had my F250 trade in, and I had them throw in a security upgrade and a Line X after I settled on my payment.

This truck is for me, not employees. When the time comes, I will get another truck to handle them.