Sign in to follow this  
dpaull

Got Pets?

Question

Just wondering if anyone else has any dogs or pets. I just picked up a Boxer who is 4 years old today from a family that just had a baby and couldn't keep him anymore. I ended up driving about 3 hours to get him, but it was worth it...I had a Great Dane for 8 years but he had a problem with his intestines and died.

Anyway, here's my new dog...4 years old, his name is Ares (like the greek god)...

ares1.jpg

ares2.jpg

Feel free to post your pets up.

30 answers to this question

This is Phantom, a Blue Heeler mix.

I gave Phantom to my son and his mother a couple of years ago so he would have a better quality of life. Their yard is a lot bigger. My son tells me Phantom won't let anyone get close to his grandmother unless he knows them or she says it is okay. Phantom always amazed me with his intelligence and how fast he picked up on new things.

Stay safe & hydrated,

Chuck

post-80-13777218501_thumb.jpg

I have two boxers myself My Female looks just like yours she is going to be 4 in sept (on left). My Male is going to be 6. They are the best dogs in the world!!!!

post-1774-137772185016_thumb.jpg

post-1774-137772185078_thumb.jpg

I have two boxers...They are the best dogs in the world!!!!

lol no kidding. I've wanted one all my life but had a dog in the family that wouldn't allow it. So I'm so glad to have gotten this crazy guy. I never knew why I wanted a boxer, but now I know...craziest dogs out there no doubt about it.

First is Petey, now 12 and slowing down. The fat guy is me. This is my favorite picture of us together, it was sunset on the last day of his 11th season hunting with me.

Second is Ollie, 14 months and picking up steam. He's following in some BIG footsteps!

Both are ~ 92 pounds.

post-1043-137772185973_thumb.jpg

post-1043-137772185983_thumb.jpg

First is Petey, now 12 and slowing down. The fat guy is me. This is my favorite picture of us together, it was sunset on the last day of his 11th season hunting with me.

Second is Ollie, 14 months and picking up steam. He's following in some BIG footsteps!

Both are ~ 92 pounds.

That's what I am talking about. Where ya been stainless?

I've been around, but with the new addition to the family, I haven't been able to spend much time online. I just get a few minutes here and there these days.

I have a ton of communicating to catch up on. I know you've been busy, you always are, I hope things are going well for you and yours up there.

BTW, the hounds are looking good!

Man those aren't dogs.

Real dogs hunt big game, not squeaker toys

lol...your weimaraner was used to hunt fowl, rabbits and foxes...my boxer is of bull mastiff decent and originally bred to hunt bear, wild boar, and deer.

;-)

lol...your weimaraner was used to hunt fowl, rabbits and foxes...my boxer is of bull mastiff decent and originally bred to hunt bear, wild boar, and deer.

;-)

I've never met a breed that I didn't like, dogs are my thing. I won't comment on the origins of Boxers, other than to point out that you are refering to foundation stock. Boxers were developed to be the perfect police dog. They are noted for their devotion and admirable gentleness, despite their rough exteriors. Boxers are magnificent animals, I've never met a vicious or stupid one. Hunters they are not. Brachycephalic breeds generally are bull-baiters in original intent. This was a particularly vicious bloodsport that would have had Mike Vick puking through his facemask.

The large game you ascribe to them were the intended victims of the Wiemaraner, originally. For hundreds of years the nobles controlled the population to such a degree that there were fewer than a thousand Wiemaraners on Earth until about 1935.

Their ancestry includes the bloodhound, and the breed was painted, famously, in the late 1400's. In the Thuringian forests, there was a time when european panthers (now extinct) were a menace to the local peasants. The Wiemaraner's relentless hunting style, amazing nose, and ferocious nature is what drove the panthers over the edge.

There is no game or sporting animal in Europe or the United States that hasn't been hunted , and hunted well, by the Wiemaraner.

There is no game or sporting animal in Europe or the United States that hasn't been hunted , and hunted well, by the Wiemaraner.

Very well put.

The two boxers behind us and the one next us fear the weims and quit whimmpering like babies when the weims come out.:lgbow:

You serious? For the most part, boxers are fearless...that's their strong point but also their weak point.

And I was just "heckling" you a bit. I love weimaraners. Very intelligent dogs. A customer of mine has one, I was just there yesterday as a matter of fact. Very well-behaved. I personally just like the short-snout dogs a little better.