Sign in to follow this  
Apple Roof Cleaning

Leave Iraq - Or Finish The Job ?

Question

I wonder what YOU think about the war in Iraq.

Should we leave, or finish the job we started ?

Personally, I never thought we should go in the first place.

But we are there now.

I think if we run, it will be a rallying call for the terrorists that America CAN be defeated.

Look at what happened to the Soviets in Afghanistan, they ran.

Now, there is terrorism in Russia !

What do YOU think ?

28 answers to this question

I think we don't pull out but we need to drop the hammer down and show em who is to be feared.We have lots of are own and bush needs to get out of office.I think we are fighting a never ending war with people who are raised to hate and fight.We need to bring the force and crush them.

Chris - I don't think there is a solution to Iraq - I think any arguements that go along the lines of ....they will know they can beat us.... is just a bunch of hokey. We will never achieve anything in Iraq, there will never be any progress - unless fundamental changes are made to this world, not something that military acthion can achieve! I see only two solutions - kill every man, woman & child, this way they will probably fear us, and leave - or leave now.

We have always experienced terrorism - and perhaps fundamental to this, is our support for the Saudi Government - this more than anything pisses these people off. Not to mention this is an impossible situation - we can't be friends and have peace with a people who have a fundamental religious belief that Islam must conver the whole world! We're basically screwed. So at least let's bring home the boys - and then deal with foreign policy, and end our reliance on oil - which brings dollars into that part of the world.

So at least let's bring home the boys - and then deal with foreign policy, and end our reliance on oil - which brings dollars into that part of the world.

So in 500 words or less explain how you stop using petroleum.

Scott

It would occur to me, that since US govt basically created sadam, we were obligated to take him out went he got too far out of control.

Now there is an ever growing facet within the world's largest religion that is very much against all we enjoy. It will be a problem for 30 - 50 years.

It is well to keep in mind that part of the earth has been at war since the beginning of recorded history.

r

Its a no win situation either way we go.

This is a war where the military wasn't allowed to do what it does best, KILL & CONQUER. We went in not to win but trying to maintain something we really could never have control over. If you want to win a war, you cant say don't kill and thats what we have done. We have factions that try to kill us every day and the military isn't allowed to kill most of them

I wish we never went in and when we did we should have gone with a lot more troops like the last time. I think we should of left Saddam in charge and just contained him at least he kept everybody in check and we could have used him to go after Iran

theres a reason George Bush Sr didn't go into Baghdad and now you can see why

So what to do?? Sadly there is NO good answer!

theres a reason George Bush Sr didn't go into Baghdad and now you can see why

Yes because the UN resolution that the coalition was assembled under didn't allow it. Maybe for good reasons at the time, but it wasn't Sr.'s decision to make either way.

Scott

I wish we never went in and when we did we should have gone with a lot more troops like the last time. I think we should of left Saddam in charge and just contained him at least he kept everybody in check and we could have used him to go after Iran

Hello!!!!!!!! Are you reading Revisionist History 101???? Do you happen to remember Sadaam shooting at our planes patrolling the "no fly zone" on a daily basis. The mission of patrols were to keep Sadaam from killing all the factions that disagreed with him and helped us in the first Desert Storm.

Do you really think he was our friend against Iran?? Do you remember the night of the first invasion in Desert Storm he flew all his planes to Iran to keep them safe. Gave all planes to an enemy??

I don't think so?

Have the early 90's been that long ago, that we forget??

Scott

Yes because the UN resolution that the coalition was assembled under didn't allow it. Maybe for good reasons at the time, but it wasn't Sr.'s decision to make either way.

Scott

George Bush Sr has said, he did not want to go into Badgdad, because it was a no win situation and dsidnt want to be an ocuppying forace. I saw the interview

we lead the coalition and could have gone like Gen Sharwtzcof(sp) wanted to, but GW Sr knew we would have had to occupy the area for decades.

Hello!!!!!!!! Are you reading Revisionist History 101???? Do you happen to remember Sadaam shooting at our planes patrolling the "no fly zone" on a daily basis. The mission of patrols were to keep Sadaam from killing all the factions that disagreed with him and helped us in the first Desert Storm.

Like i said, we had him contained. Did he ever shot our planes down? Killing all the factions, that would of been 85% of the country, he didnt kill them all before Desert Storm and he wouldnt have after (Except the Kurds who he's been eliminating for years. We have murderous dictators all over the world, some are our allies, some foes and some in between, we can't go after them all. Now we are stuck in a NO WIN situation. We could win If we put 500,000 troops in and killed a lot of people, but our president from the beginning has asked us for nothing and just keeps sending the same soldiers back and back again. Bush has weaked our military and our standing in the world and we still don't have Bin Laden

Do you really think he was our friend against Iran?? Do you remember the night of the first invasion in Desert Storm he flew all his planes to Iran to keep them safe. Gave all planes to an enemy??

I don't think so?

Have the early 90's been that long ago, that we forget??

Scott

Do you remember the Iran/Iraq war? they killed millions of each other. Believe me, the Ayatolla's arent freinds with saddam and never would have been. Now because we are in Iraq, we cant do crap about Iran and their Nukes

I have a question for you. If we stay in Iraq, what is it going to accomplish? I know bad things will happen if we leave, but what will staying do? How long do YOU think we would be there to WIN? What is winning when it comes to Iraq?

Do we have enough troops in there? How many is enough? I just dont see anything good coming from the Iraq war.

War on terrorism I believe we have to fight every day, war in Iraq, I just dont see the point of why we ever went in there

Oh well, time will only tell

God bless our great fighting men & women, God Bless

Iraq has become an embarrassment for the US and turned into a virtual vietnam all over again. My position is against it all. We went in unprepared for the factions and having no exit strategy, we are losing men over there for nothing.

I do not blame the soldiers doing their job, but I think the commanding officers have underestimated the blurred lines of religious thinking among the natives. They have no idea of what they are up against and it is not as simple as policing the area into a system control. Anarchy is more than just lawlessness, it is a refusal to submission of foreign rule.

Rod!~

I think Jeff LeCours is on the money. My problem with our leaders as well is all the soundbites - they communicate to us through sound bites! I hate that - e.g. 'If we cut and run, we embolden the enemy to come after us'

That and everything to date this administration has said was a BOLD FACED LIE! So how do I really know, that they will come after us here more than before? I have no proof! I don't trust what they tell me, because 9 out 10 things they said were a tissue of lies, why would I believe the 10th thing they said?

Imagine eating a box of Cracker Jacks - and you put one in your mouth - and it's sour and disgusting. You say to yourself, oh well, $hit happens. Then you pop another Cracker Jacks into your mouth - then perhaps, you start thinking maybe I hit a bad run - after the 3rd bad cracker jacks, that tasted really awful and disgusting in your mouth - you are pretty much ready to make an INFERENCE and say - this box of cracker jacks is BAD! Well how come we haven't done that with this administration? Well I have - they are liars, and everything they say is a lie, our military presence has been a failure over there, not that they ever defined what success meant, and giving birth to a democratic government has been a failure over there as well.

Why put more mothers through hardship and pain - bring the boys back home before another dies. As far as I am concerned, this administration is responsible for each soldier death, that makes them murderers - they abused the power of our military for their own goals. And I hope they all rot in Hell, for the pigs of war that they are, and that includes Powell - whom I have learned that everything he said to the UN in that emotional speech was nothing but a bag of BOLD FACED LIES!

It's interesting to note how **** Cheney felt about invading Iraq when asked in 1994. He felt it would be a quagmare without the support of other Arab nations, and questioned what the plan would be if we were succsessful in removing Saddam. Here's a link to his interview on the subject.

[yt]YENbElb5-xY[/yt]

I know that some things changed after 9/11, but these fundamental problems still existed. Also, let's not forget that the war on terrorism was already underway in Afganistan. Colin Powell addressed the United Nations prior to our invasion of Iraq and cited primarily weapons of mass destruction as our reason for toppling Saddam. You can read the entire text of his speech here...

Full text of Colin Powell's speech | Iraq | Guardian Unlimited

He spoke of Iraqi ties to 9/11 as well, but the administration as a whole later lost faith in the evidence of such involvement.

YouTube - Cheney admits no Iraq/9-11 Connection

[YT]QWdq7hg4dLU[/YT]

The architects of 9/11 were almost all Saudi Arabian (all but one), yet we still consider them our ally.

...and yet there are still uninformed American who believe Saddam was responsible for 9/11. How sad.

Iraq is a mess.

It's interesting to note how **** Cheney felt about invading Iraq when asked in 1994. He felt it would be a quagmare without the support of other Arab nations, and questioned what the plan would be if we were succsessful in removing Saddam. Here's a link to his interview on the subject.

I know that some things changed after 9/11, but these fundamental problems still existed. Also, let's not forget that the war on terrorism was already underway in Afganistan. Colin Powell addressed the United Nations prior to our invasion of Iraq and cited primarily weapons of mass destruction as our reason for toppling Saddam. You can read the entire text of his speech here...

Full text of Colin Powell's speech | Iraq | Guardian Unlimited

He spoke of Iraqi ties to 9/11 as well, but the administration as a whole later lost faith in the evidence of such involvement.

YouTube - Cheney admits no Iraq/9-11 Connection

The architects of 9/11 were almost all Saudi Arabian (all but one), yet we still consider them our ally.

...and yet there are still uninformed American who believe Saddam was responsible for 9/11. How sad.

Iraq is a mess.

Larry How do I save this utube about Chenney, I'd like to post it at another BB. Very strange how it all changed. 911 or not they knew they shouldnt have go all the way iinto bagdad. What a shame

First, there are uninformed americans that believe the world is flat, too. There is nothing wrong with that, except that it leads to uninformed decisions.

As for Iraq, I am war weary. I see the good that is coming there, have spoken to multiple people that have served there, and to a man, they all feel it is worth the effort. I do not think that it is the mainstream Iraqi's that have the IED's that are injuring our military. There are other factions that are coming to Iraq to war with the US. That is where the real problem is. They need to put an airtight seal on the borders to keep out those that are not citizens of the country, and to protect the people that actually reside there.

Gee, it almost sounds like I am talking about our own illegal immigration problem.

First, there are uninformed americans that believe the world is flat, too. There is nothing wrong with that, except that it leads to uninformed decisions.

As for Iraq, I am war weary. I see the good that is coming there, have spoken to multiple people that have served there, and to a man, they all feel it is worth the effort. I do not think that it is the mainstream Iraqi's that have the IED's that are injuring our military. There are other factions that are coming to Iraq to war with the US. That is where the real problem is. They need to put an airtight seal on the borders to keep out those that are not citizens of the country, and to protect the people that actually reside there.

Gee, it almost sounds like I am talking about our own illegal immigration problem.

Kinda hard to seal the borders with Saudi Arabia and Syria, if ya know what I mean .....

Don't believe it for a minute. Its bull s**t. Its the damn radical muslims and they are growing every day

Oh, it IS the radical Muslims for sure.

My Girlfriends brother is an Army Ranger, a chopper pilot in Iraq.

His THIRD trip.

I USED to think IF we just quit blindly supporting Israel, the Arabs woukd like us - Wrong!

These people want to kill us, no matter what.

Because they have a book that tells em to do it, in THEIR mind.

It is NOT the Koran, actually Allah hates murder.

It is THEIR interperation of the Koran.

Any wonder why the Soviets tried to ban religion ?

MORE people have been killed and tortured over religion then we care to admit.

Remember the crusades ? Christian apology for the Crusades

We did HORRIBLE things during the Crusades to the Arab peoples, and vice versa.

NOT saying I agree with all this, but check this out Missionaries or Murderers? - The Christianising of Europe – Torture

Larry How do I save this utube about Chenney, I'd like to post it at another BB. Very strange how it all changed. 911 or not they knew they shouldnt have go all the way iinto bagdad. What a shame

Right click on the link I posted and select "copy shortcut."

Then go to the page where you want to post it. When you get to the spot you want the link, right click and select "paste."

Right click on the link I posted and select "copy shortcut."

Then go to the page where you want to post it. When you get to the spot you want the link, right click and select "paste."

Hey that was easy, Thanks Larry

Now I'm going to start some ..... on a couple other boards

Where have we left? europe, japan , korea.......................

We are never leaving Iraq, do you guys really believe this?

We are staying in that region and it wont matter what president we get delt we are not moving. reducing troops will not happen for a long while. I see us permantely staying and building a large Base in northern iraq to keep peace with Turkey.

To many other interest want that land. We are going no where.

Where have we left? europe, japan , korea.......................

We are never leaving Iraq, do you guys really believe this?

We are staying in that region and it wont matter what president we get delt we are not moving. reducing troops will not happen for a long while. I see us permantely staying and building a large Base in northern iraq to keep peace with Turkey.

To many other interest want that land. We are going no where.

It will only cost more if we leave now, if we leave now we will return quickly. The cost will even be higher, Lives and money.

Oh, it IS the radical Muslims for sure.

My Girlfriends brother is an Army Ranger, a chopper pilot in Iraq.

His THIRD trip.

I USED to think IF we just quit blindly supporting Israel, the Arabs woukd like us - Wrong!

These people want to kill us, no matter what.

Because they have a book that tells em to do it, in THEIR mind.

It is NOT the Koran, actually Allah hates murder.

It is THEIR interperation of the Koran.

Any wonder why the Soviets tried to ban religion ?

MORE people have been killed and tortured over religion then we care to admit.

Remember the crusades ? Christian apology for the Crusades

We did HORRIBLE things during the Crusades to the Arab peoples, and vice versa.

NOT saying I agree with all this, but check this out Missionaries or Murderers? - The Christianising of Europe – Torture

No, it IS the Koran...There's nothing left to interpretation when it says that if the infidel or Christian refuse to convert, put them to the sword.