Global Warming - YOUR Vote Please ?

Global Warming - Yes Or No  

66 members have voted

1. 1. Global Warming - Yes Or No

• I Believe Global Warming Is Here
    • I Think Global Warming Is BS

Question

61 answers to this question

I'm not disputing higher temps, just arguing the interpretation of cause and affect. I say its a natrual event due to cyclical changes in the earths axis, etc etc

I'm with you there. The cause could be entirely natural. I am in no way qualified to even understand the various arguments and positions on the subject.

Regardless of cause, if there is even a chance that there is something we can do to limit our effect on climate change, I think we should. The results of even a small change could be disastrous. I know I...um...try to control my emissions.:lgbugeyes

In case any of you are nutty enough to drive a prius: heres a neat little study

The Recorder

When looking at production expenses and overall lifespan, hummer ends up being almost twice as cheap per mile and uses half the energy to manufacture. You think those massive prius batteries are made of love and fairy dust? Think again. Mining that amount of nickel is a pollution nightmare.

That's interesting stuff Charlie.

I have gone 'round and 'round with my wife on our local recycling program. How much are we helping when they drive these huge trucks around, burning gas and spewing CO? Add to that the fact that our city actually loses money on the program (increasing our solid waste disposal fees) and I think we may be better off just throwing the stuff away. She goes ballistic if she finds a plastic bottle in the trash.

Problem with all this man induced global warming bs is that people assume a static world and that it should be how it is in their day.

To comment on Daniels statement...We aint gonna, Nature will see to that on it's schedule.

As Ken implies, we aint all that and a bag of chips in effecting things compared to natural events. Industrial age wasn't to blaim for past change nor is it gonna be deciding factor in future ones. There have already been thousands of flip flops type changes/cycles before us.

As the Earth seeks it's natural state outside of any influance it must go through it's own pump type cycles before the true natural settling point could ever be recognized. Up comes one little continental shift/volcano producing era and things will set her on her ear again another direction. Same for astronomical bodies such as asteroids or comits effecting her, Solar cycles, or passages through wisps of invisable galactic dust in our Milky Way. The whole history of Earth has been dynamic. The atmosphere has never been static, nor the plates, nor the ice caps, nor the ocean levels, nor the temps. The waters have been hundreds of feet lower and more importantly they been hundreds of feet higher not very long ago on an Earth scale. She is still seaking her natural state and always will..

some example: Climate, Culture, and Catastrophe in the Ancient World

..is full of good info but note early on the part about how the rise of the waters are sometimes abrubtly stopped fue to various unknown reasons..and it all without our industrial influance.

We make ourselves too powerful in the sceme of things is what we do. We are but little flys landing but for a second before she flicks us to land elsewhere. Earths biggest fight or parasite would be more along the lines of all life such as the plants and organics clouding the oceans. When we do our industrial thing we are able to help or hurt her in that fight. We can slightly effect her but for a second of time in a very miniscule fashion more along the lines of being able to eat fish or grow food. temp and weather is another matter...sorry, rambling :)

I agree, but whoo should we get rid of first which countries,tribes,ethnic groups are superfluous maybe we should have a poll to decide Im new here, but I have to interject. I offer myself to be first, If my death will help to stop Global Warming I will give it. Who will join me???

YOU be the judge if it could raise the earths temperature ?

Fire Fart

And here is proof of The Matrix's energy derived from humans. It's not the body heat but the 'natural gas' we produce. :lol:

That clip was hilarious. Reminds me of our bands keyboard player who did this in the motel room and scared the crap out of me cause I thought it was going to ignite the bedspread...The room bill was on my CC.

Rod!~

One thing I keep hearing is that the Mars is going through the same warming trend at the same rate as planet Earth, and what is causing this is the warming of the sun. I don't know if it's true because I haven't checked the facts. If it is, I still think it's important for all of us to do our part in keeping things as clean as possible...just incase.

One thing I keep hearing is that the Mars is going through the same warming trend at the same rate as planet Earth, and what is causing this is the warming of the sun. I don't know if it's true because I haven't checked the facts. If it is, I still think it's important for all of us to do our part in keeping things as clean as possible...just incase.

Yes, things need to be clean for the Martians

:angryfire

ooooo the talk turns toward the sun..how exciting!.. When I was younger I was in to photographing sunspots and solar eclipses. Am only upto 3 eclipses (total/partials)due to not traveling anywhere to view them. Wanted to go to Java one time but I was young and financially strapped..

Anyways....

Christian brings up good point and if anyone should be concerned about things in a 'the sky falling' sort of way it should be over the sun. It is the engine that drives everything in way of our temps and weather.

Last I heard is that scientists realize there is issues with predictions for solar cycle 24. People joke about the Myan calendar ending 2012 and that it means something bad..haha doodoodo.. ya neva know.lol...Think not only do we got some weird signs out the sun lately in general but I think we are at the 22 year magnetic flip point as well.

Although there is an 'inner circle' of scientists with ideas (most don't know who or where they are)...they are pretty much in hiding away from media and hard at work dealing in the most progressive ideas concerning global warming. They are not fanciful theorists or exagerators. On the contrary the run of the mill/scientists we generally hear from in media look upto them and can't even get time with them.

But if ya want to hear what the run of the mill says about the sun check out video here:

SOLARCYCLE 24.com / Solar Cycle 24 / Spaceweather / Amateur Radio VHF Aurora Website.

I'll just go on record that global warming can come by way of outer space by way of effecting or magnifying Earth's regular static seeking cycles.

ooooo the talk turns toward the sun..how exciting!.. When I was younger I was in to photographing sunspots and solar eclipses. Am only upto 3 eclipses (total/partials)due to not traveling anywhere to view them. Wanted to go to Java one time but I was young and financially strapped..

Anyways....

Christian brings up good point and if anyone should be concerned about things in a 'the sky falling' sort of way it should be over the sun. It is the engine that drives everything in way of our temps and weather.

Last I heard is that scientists realize there is issues with predictions for solar cycle 24. People joke about the Mayan calendar ending 2012 and that it means something bad..ha doodoodoo.. ya Neva know.lol...Think not only do we got some weird signs out the sun lately in general but I think we are at the 22 year magnetic flip point as well.

Although there is an 'inner circle' of scientists with ideas (most don't know who or where they are)...they are pretty much in hiding away from media and hard at work dealing in the most progressive ideas concerning global warming. They are not fanciful theorists or exagerators. On the contrary the run of the mill/scientists we generally hear from in media look lookup them and can't even get time with them.

But if ya want to hear what the run of the mill says about the sun check out video here:

SOLARCYCLE 24.com / Solar Cycle 24 / Spaceweather / Amateur Radio VHF Aurora Website.

I'll just go on record that global warming can come by way of outer space by way of effecting or magnifying Earth's regular static seeking cycles.

Now Kevin, You KNOW I am a Ham Radio Operator, Right ?

All of our HF and VHF propagation is due to the Ionosphere.

The Ionosphere is effected by Sunspots, and propagation is beter the higher the sun spot count.

So Al Gore got a Nobel Peace Prize, good for him. No matter if theres global warming or not. Everybody, every country in the world always should do better to curb pollution and things that can cause global warming. It will create more industries and more jobs and more money for big biz and the worker and it will definitely help the world

There should be no doubt in anyones mind that all we create has an effect on something, to what degree may be in debate, but there is no dabate that certain things do effect other things adversly and we as a world should try to do better always, no for us, but for our future generations

If I am not mistaken we have been taken global temps for over a hundred years and seen a temp increase of 1 1\2 degree but was that taking in to account the accuracy of the equipment used or the placement of thermos anyone who lives in a large city can tell you its hotter the buildings retain heat and the asphalt and concrete.

How can anyone take Al bore seriously the weekend he gets the noble prize on his documentary he fly around the world in his privet jet laying down a bigger carbon foot print the any one on this board for a whole year.

I also believe the when scientist’s do studies most have a preconicved outcome I am not saying they knowingly biased the outcome but its like everyone who says (wow its hot it must be global warming ) if you are subjected to the talk that the earth is getting hotter you will feel it even though its only a few degrees over 100years. Also scientists come up with theories and when enough of them agree then its fact if they all base there studies off one persons \ group’s research there going to come up with the same outcome.

What really got me was the astrount who said that the hole in the o-zone layer was huge or growing so big I don’t know her terminology but the fact is\was she has no reference point to say such a thing how can she know what the earth looked like a hundred years ago.

I could go on for pages so I’ll can it quits for now.

I really think this poll should have a few more choices

Of course global warming is here. There's absolutely NO doubt. Anyone who says otherwise is sticking their head in the sand and/or spouting rhetoric they've heard elsewhere, and really not thinking about the issue. Anyone who looks at the data objectively can see the earth is in a warming trend.

The question that SHOULD be asked is, WHY are we experiencing global warming? Is it just part of the natural cycles of the earth, or is it a man-caused phenomenon. Undoubtedly both, but how much is man caused? Some think very little, some think most of it.

Personally, I believe it is very little.

THe EnD is nEAr !!!!

Of the George Bush administration, YAY. Maybe just maybe we can get some new industries to cleaning up things and alternative energies. It will create jobs too.

How many saw Al Bore's BS movie? good for you, I watched some and said this guy is a big lair, go look up his little home and tell me what he is doing about all this Global Warming?

Speaking of which we end up getting snow for Thanksgiving, so where is this warming coming from then?

Ok do I believe in it, yes and no, as many have said things change, more people, more things, not just cars and other things that burn fuel but many different things that add to the dirty air and health problems.

How to slow this down, well as much as I do not normally agree with China nor buy things made there they have one good thing going, two kids, that is it TWO CHILDREN. Slow down the birth rate for starters.

I moved to NM two years ago, all I hear is there is not enough water so CONSERVE but there is plenty for the city to issue 30,000 new building permits for houses alone, not counting industry.

Where is the water if I have to conserve?

I have no lawn, I have very few plants and they are not the kind that need much water. Where can I cut back to help? Dig a hole and build a privy?

If you truly believe then why are you pressure washing, burning up fuel, using water and polluting the air?

As for Jeff being happy Bush is gone, well that might be good but please don't bring in a demo, all they want to do is take away everything most of you believe in, ah don't bring in another beast either.

not much choice now is there?

I'm so sick of all of the liberal scare tactics and self lothing BS!

Hey we got something in common, sick of scare tactics ................but from the Bush & Grandpa Doom Chenney. LOL

Congrats on the RT, its the talk of the town(BB's) Hope you have another one. I am going to make sure I get to one of your RT's

Hey we got something in common, sick of scare tactics ................but from the Bush & Grandpa Doom Chenney. LOL

Congrats on the RT, its the talk of the town(BB's) Hope you have another one. I am going to make sure I get to one of your RT's

Thanx Jeff. You have to come next time. I really wanna meet you.