Sign in to follow this  
propressurewashing

General Liability Coverage

I'm looking into getting liability insurance for my business. I do mostly residential and it doesn't come up much and I haven't lost any business (that I know of) by not being insured. I definately see the upside of being insured if it is reasonably priced. Now I have a property management company asking for some bids and my insurance so now seems like a great time to get some...although yesterday would have been better! Does anybody have any info or recommendations to share? Thanks in advance.

Daniel Simmons

Pressure Washing Katy Texas Washer Cleaning Service - TX

I'm looking into getting liability insurance for my business. I do mostly residential and it doesn't come up much and I haven't lost any business (that I know of) by not being insured. I definately see the upside of being insured if it is reasonably priced. Now I have a property management company asking for some bids and my insurance so now seems like a great time to get some...although yesterday would have been better! Does anybody have any info or recommendations to share? Thanks in advance.

Daniel Simmons

Around here a basic GL policy with 1m/2mill starts at about $800-$1000 I think. It goes up with employees as your payroll gets bigger. If you are going to work from Prop Managers, you will probably need Workers Comp also, most require it and that cost about $900 I think for basic

You can call Joe Walters Insur, he covers a lot of PW companies use him

Believe me you may be getting away without it now, but once someone sues you, you will then wished you had gotten it sooner. You are working dangerously without insurance!

G'day

Some PM's have a requirement for a certain amount of liability insurance, check with them, and then get a "certificate of insurance" that has your trading name and the type of work you do clearly stated.

you can get by most of the time without it with doing just residental ( I dont suggest it though ) but when you get into commercial it is a must. Most companys will not hire you with out it.

Daniel Simmons

I have insurance, i got to say that i would not have insurance if i was solo operation and i was doing all the work. home onwers like commercial managments and others require you to have it to step on the property. (its a must)

If i didnt have anything to loose and I was doing the work and the law didnt require it. ( i would have no insurance)

Auto is a different story.

Ron you must be thinking of workmans comp, not GL. Regardless if you have no employees or 100, you must must must have GL.

Housewash and a bad light fixture or outlet causes a fire? I have nightmares about that!

Not having at least GL of $300k for the $6-$700 is just crazy, a million for a hundred or 2 more is better.

Daniel you need to check your 'partners' too, they do some damage to a persons home and you'll be on the hook. You are open to a great deal of exposure without it!

Ron you must be thinking of workmans comp, not GL. Regardless if you have no employees or 100, you must must must have GL.

Housewash and a bad light fixture or outlet causes a fire? I have nightmares about that!

Not having at least GL of $300k for the $6-$700 is just crazy, a million for a hundred or 2 more is better.

Daniel you need to check your 'partners' too, they do some damage to a persons home and you'll be on the hook. You are open to a great deal of exposure without it!

No, i'm just telling you the truth.

I have not even needed gL with a larger company. If i was a solo guy and it was not a law or requirement i would not carry it.

My policy now is crazy

Everyone says Joe Walters.. They don't insure aircraft. Does anyone know where I could get insured for detailing aircraft? I have tried so many places and nothing.... It is almost like they are trying to put us out of business. It's driving me crazy. I have one contract (maybe) if I can find GL for a large company and some private jets. Contract for 80,000... I am at the point almost to just telling them I can't find coverage. This sucks!