Sign in to follow this  
jetstream1

Who is Barack Obama?

Question

We checked this out on " Urban Legends Reference Pages".

>

> Who is Barack Obama?

>

> Probable U. S. presidential candidate, Barack Hussein Obama was born

> in Honolulu , Hawaii , to Barack Hussein Obama, Sr., a black MUSLIM

> from Nyangoma-Kogel , Kenya and Ann Dunham, a white ATHEIST from

> Wichita , Kansas .

> Obama's parents met at the University of Hawaii . When Obama was two

> years old, his parents divorced. Hi s father returned to Kenya . His

> mother then married Lolo Soetoro, a RADICAL Muslim from Indonesia.?

> When Obama was 6 years old, the family relocate to Indonesia . Obama

> attended a MUSLIM school in Jakarta . He also spent two years in a

> Catholic school.

>

> Obama takes great care to conceal the fact that he is a Muslim. He is

> quick to point out that, "He was once a Muslim, but that he also

> attended Catholic school."

>

> Obama's political handlers are attempting to make it appear that

> that he is not a radical.

>

> Obama's introduction to Islam came via his father, and that this

> influence was temporary at best. In reality, the senior Obama returned

> to Kenya soon after the divorce, and never again had any direct

> influence over his son's education.

>

> Lolo Soetoro, the second husband of Obama's mother, Ann Dunham,

> introduced his stepson to Islam. Obama was

> enrolled in a Wahabi school

> in Jakarta .

>

> Wahabism is the RADICAL teaching that is followed by the Muslim

> terrorists who are now waging Jihad against the western world. Since

> it is politically expedient to be a CH RISTIAN when seeking major

> public office in the United States , Barack Hussein Obama has joined

> the United Church of Christ in an attempt to downplay his Muslim

> background. ALSO, keep in mind that when he was sworn into office he

> DID NOT use the Holy Bible, but instead the Koran.

>

> Barack Hussein Obama will NOT recite the Pledge of Allegiance nor

> will he show any reverence for our flag. While others place their hands

> over their hearts, Obama turns his back to the flag and slouches.

>

> Let us all remain alert concerning Obama's expected presidential

> candidacy.

>

> The Muslims have said they plan on destroying the US from the inside

> out, what better way to start than at the highest level - through the

> President of the United States , one of their own!!!!

>

> Please forward to everyone you know Would you want this man leading

> our country?...... NOT ME!!!

>

> Probable U. S. presidential candidate, Barack Hussein Obama was born

> in Honolulu , Hawaii , to Barack Hussein Obama, Sr., a black MUSLIM

> from Nyangoma-Kogel , Kenya and Ann Dunham, a white ATHEIST from

> Wichita , Kansas .

> Obama's parents met at the University of Hawaii . When Obama was two

> years old, his parents divorced. Hi s father returned to Kenya . His

> mother then married Lolo Soetoro, a RADICAL Muslim from Indonesia.?

> When Obama was 6 years old, the family relocate to Indonesia . Obama

> attended a MUSLIM school in Jakarta . He also spent two years in a

> Catholic school.

>

> Obama takes great care to conceal the fact that he is a Muslim. He is

> quick to point out that, "He was once a Muslim, but that he also

> attended Catholic school."

>

> Obama's political handlers are attempting to make it appear that

> that he is not a radical.

>

> Obama's introduction to Islam came via his father, and that this

> influence was temporary at best. In reality, the senior Obama returned

> to Kenya soon after the divorce, and never again had any direct

> influence over his son's education.

>

> Lolo Soetoro, the second husband of Obama's mother, Ann Dunham,

> introduced his stepson to Islam. Obama was

> enrolled in a Wahabi school

> in Jakarta .

>

> Wahabism is the RADICAL teaching that is followed by the Muslim

> terrorists who are now waging Jihad against the western world. Since

> it is politically expedient to be a CH RISTIAN when seeking major

> public office in the United States , Barack Hussein Obama has joined

> the United Church of Christ in an attempt to downplay his Muslim

> background. ALSO, keep in mind that when he was sworn into office he

> DID NOT use the Holy Bible, but instead the Koran.

>

> Barack Hussein Obama will NOT recite the Pledge of Allegiance nor

> will he show any reverence for our flag. While others place their hands

> over their hearts, Obama turns his back to the flag and slouches.

>

> Let us all remain alert concerning Obama's expected presidential

> candidacy.

>

> The Muslims have said they plan on destroying the US from the inside

> out, what better way to start than at the highest level - through the

>president of the United States , one of their own!!!!

Would you want this man leading

our country?...... NOT ME!!!

54 answers to this question

I am sure some of it is true, and I wouldn't be surprised to find out it was originally started by Hilliary or one of the other canidates to get ahead in the voting. This has been all over the web lately.

Some is fact how much I don't know. Hey maybe if we have a crazy a*s Muslim as president, maybe the other radical a holes will back off. Obama will start a program with CIA to fit suicide bombers and start blowing up the radicals. Maybe he can send a group of them to Saudi Arabia and kill all the oil sheiks and then we can go in and take over the oil...Sounds like a plan, Vote For Obama, we'll get free gas in 08

:lgmoneyey:club::bullistic

I am absolutely not going to vote for Barak Obama or any democratic candidate for that matter. But some of these rumors and emails are just plain rediculous. Most of them have been completely disproven, like Obama wont pledge alliegance or that he used a Koran during swearing in-that was Kieth Ellison.

If your going to hold him accountable for not placing his hand over his heart during the national anthem, you should hold the rest of them accountable for not facing the flag.

Hold all the Idiots at the football games accountable when they dont place their hands over the heart during the national anthem or just keep talking through it. I bet most of them are Good red blooded christians! How about the men that dont take their hats off in church.

These rumors have gotten to be rediculous and you should be ashamed for even posting them here. I would not want this man leading this country-but for his social policies, not because he's black or even Muslim (which I dont think he is.)

I'm not holding him accountable, just sharing the pic that was fwd to me. Don't know if it was photo shopped or not.

Good point though. This is the mudslinging season. That's what candidates do.

Steve Vai for President.

Sorry for posting. lol.

I am absolutely not going to vote for Barak Obama or any democratic candidate for that matter. But some of these rumors and emails are just plain rediculous. Most of them have been completely disproven, like Obama wont pledge alliegance or that he used a Koran during swearing in-that was Kieth Ellison.

If your going to hold him accountable for not placing his hand over his heart during the national anthem, you should hold the rest of them accountable for not facing the flag.

Hold all the Idiots at the football games accountable when they dont place their hands over the heart during the national anthem or just keep talking through it. I bet most of them are Good red blooded christians! How about the men that dont take their hats off in church.

These rumors have gotten to be rediculous and you should be ashamed for even posting them here. I would not want this man leading this country-but for his social policies, not because he's black or even Muslim (which I dont think he is.)

You finally switched to being a Republican. I was getting sick & bored of all your left wing rants

God Bless you Jon you are going to heaven and no 21 virgins for you YAY:lgangel:

So the info in the first post is said to be false. Urban Legends Reference Pages: Who Is Barack Obama?

The picture of Obama without his hand over his heart is true, not a photoshop. However it is not during the Pledge, but rather the National Anthem. While it is normal for people to have their hand over their heart for the Anthem it is not a law and people can choose as they wish. Out of respect, he should, but I guess he did not feel like it.

Urban Legends Reference Pages: Barack Obama and the National Anthem

I think the guy is a knucklehead and needs to drop out. If he will not raise his hand for what we take as common practice then what else will he fail to do.

Now that the main debunking is out the way..anyone got a good summary of what the guy stands for on issues?

Wouldn't it be nice to see dozens of beliefs and stances of all the candidates on a single spreadsheet. Would make quik work of weeding then out based on our personal priority..

Some may not agree with me but thats alright. I dont think he should be our president for many reasons first and foremost is that we need a Christian person that fears God running this country. That is part of the reason this country is in the shape it is in. Now Bush (who I did vote for) first made us believe that he feared God but through all that he has done I think he loves money more than the Lord and you can see it by the actions he has taken in the last few years. Argee with me or not that ok but the Bible says that the world will wax worst and worst. I can see it happening now!

ahh. let's have an hour of power eh Gordon?..It is Sunday..haha

Fearing wrath (an action) of God rather than God himself is the good books jist and without basis of a sin why dwell on it. What sin can we site of our existing pres or of a candidate in the eyes of God? I prefure to leave that between them and their maker and not claim that they deserve wrath upon them or fear. Last thing I want in a pres would be one that had something to be fearful of. Regardless there is such thing as sin being paid for by our advocate in the Lord. Would not doubt if all of our candidates and presidents have relationships with their maker. They may even deserve mercy and will have it when times come. But anyhows..I prefure to believe and focus on the nourtering aspect of Gods personality....carry on :)

ahh. let's have an hour of power eh Gordon?..It is Sunday..haha

Fearing wrath (an action) of God rather than God himself is the good books jist and without basis of a sin why dwell on it. What sin can we site of our existing pres or of a candidate in the eyes of God? I prefure to leave that between them and their maker and not claim that they deserve wrath upon them or fear. Last thing I want in a pres would be one that had something to be fearful of. Regardless there is such thing as sin being paid for by our advocate in the Lord. Would not doubt if all of our candidates and presidents have relationships with their maker. They may even deserve mercy and will have it when times come. But anyhows..I prefure to believe and focus on the nourtering aspect of Gods personality....carry on :)

Pretty well said, especially the last line

Now that the main debunking is out the way..anyone got a good summary of what the guy stands for on issues?

Come to think of it...no.

As far as any one religion being in the forefront, I think the pope was given that job.

Bringing religion into the picture of qualifications for a president is asking for trouble. Too many are involved in this very problem in the middle east with religion underlining the turmoil they can't resolve.

This and the following is just my opinion and I am sure others may not agree which is what is great about this nation, we can still get along but we don't have a dictatorship narrowing our options which always includes religious beliefs.

Our forefathers wrote the constitution based upon the hundreds of years of tyranny they endured which is why they specifically stated separation of church and state. They knew of the pitfalls of having one mixed into the other and is why they created this nation so that they and we could believe as we decide is best. Have your religion but keep it out of government. In those terms they understood there can be only one religion otherwise there would be religious upheaval which had been known to destroy governments and ignite holy wars. That is the one thing I did get from history.

Our candidates need to be able to bring about positive change and help to repair the state of this nations economic stature. Without this, we are all heading for a big fall. I am not intending any offense but the bible has no guidelines on paying down the federal deficit and creating an economy that works well amongst the rest of the world. This takes a person with considerable experience or education and perhaps both.

Clinton ran a very stable government and helped to significantly reduce the federal deficit and that speaks volumes. As we have seen, any idiot can run and start a war, but it takes someone with intelligence to run a country and make it prosper. This is a perspective we all should remember when it comes to choosing a new president.

I have not made a choice yet as there is still time to make it, but obama did not earn my respect in dishonoring our nations tradition during the pledge of allegiance. It comes from the heart and if it isn't where your heart is, you should not be president.

Rod!~

Yes it was Sunday and I just got in from church.

First Im not judging anyone that is not my place to do but a good tree will not produce evil fruit and a evil tree will not produce good fruit. And the FEAR OF GOD is the beginning of knowledge and wisdom without fear of God who do you fear? Why fear someone or something that can destroy your body rather than fear Him that can destroy your body and soul in Hell. I can go on and on I love talking anbout the God and the Bible more than anything else, but I wont. Like I said in my last post agree with me or not its ok. My thoughts are mine and yours are yours.

I am a christian evangelical but someone's religion is not my litmus test for president. Many candidates claim religion but clearly demonstrate that they are liars based on their actions. I agree with Gordon that Bush's actions and his claims of faith don't always seem to line up. I am not judging the man's heart, only God can do that but I see what I see in his actions. If he could run again I would note vote for him.

I have had other christians ask me about Romney's religion and if that bothers me. I tell them no. I will not vote for Romney for other reasons but if he held what I consider to be truly conservative values in his view of government then I would vote for him. I don't believe what Romney believes about God but many of the Mormons I have met lead lives that are morally sound under biblical doctrine.

I won't say what I think about Bill Clinton as a person other than it is negative. I agree with Rod that under his term government grew less and we were in a better position fiscally than we are now. A lot of that had to do with the Republicans controlling the congress but eight years of Clinton with a Republican congress has been better than eight years of Bush with the same in my opinion.

Ditto on everything Doug said.

What I dont get is that-as many here have pointed out in the past-is the belief that evangelical Christians have a lock on the direction of the republican party even when the party goes against us, but most dont beleive that the secular left (leftists in my opinion) dont have lock on the Democrat party platforms.

I think Obama is a leftist. I dont know about his own faith. I dont think any one really knows because he doesnt talk about it. He may well be a believer in Christ. Or allah for that mater, But unlike us evangelical Republicans, His core followers dont care or just dont want to know. He also doesnt talk about any of his policies either, just this vague notion of change. Pretty soon he is going to have to change that and talk about his policies or is going to get creamed by a republican. come to think of it he'll get creamed by a republican when he talks about his policies anyway, 'cause I can guarantee they'll be leftist in nature and Americans dont want higher taxes, more protectionism and more liberal judges.

Here is the link to Snopes about these claims:

Urban Legends Reference Pages: Search Engine

The first one on the page is the one about the pledge but you have to go to the bottom of the page to find it.

the second one has the bit on the flag picture. Watch the embedded video. He may have been showing his lack of respect for the completly crappy singer. look at the end of the video. only John Edwards and the guy on the end are actually facing the flag. I'm willing to bet since he was facing left, he was facing the singer, and was enthralled with her and since he could not see the others, just spaced it out.

I have been at many national anthems singings, and watch the crowd. Many people dont know what to do. You have military, even exmilitary out of uniform, saluting, some remove and hold thier hats-some behind thier backs, some in front and some over thier hearts. Some people look around and see what others are doing and follow what ever they think might be right. Give the guy a break, I'm sure no disrespect was intended and it wasnt at a pledge of alliegance.

But still dont vote for him. vote Hillary.

Ditto on everything Doug said.

What I dont get is that-as many here have pointed out in the past-is the belief that evangelical Christians have a lock on the direction of the republican party even when the party goes against us, but most dont beleive that the secular left (leftists in my opinion) dont have lock on the Democrat party platforms.

I think Obama is a leftist. I dont know about his own faith. I dont think any one really knows because he doesnt talk about it. He may well be a believer in Christ. Or allah for that mater, But unlike us evangelical Republicans, His core followers dont care or just dont want to know. He also doesnt talk about any of his policies either, just this vague notion of change. Pretty soon he is going to have to change that and talk about his policies or is going to get creamed by a republican. come to think of it he'll get creamed by a republican when he talks about his policies anyway, 'cause I can guarantee they'll be leftist in nature and Americans dont want higher taxes, more protectionism and more liberal judges.

tell you the truth, the evangelicals I never really even heard about them that much until the past 12 years and I heard a lot more with Bush and being here in the south

Now the dems religion isn't as involved when talking about politics, many are catholic and and from big cities and we just don't associate God & Politics on the same page. Are all dems godless no, we or they just keep it private. I guess we do believe or take it more literal about separation of Church & State

I think why many dems dont vote republican at all in recent years is because ALL the religious right talk. I for one feel that if they had the chance they would do everything, moral issues by the bible they believe in. I don't and many others dont want the bible running this country. I'm not trying to be rude, just share with you how I and Im pretty sure many others think when it comes to the religious right

Look at Reagan, yes he talked some about religion, but he really didn't shove it down our throats as it has been more in the past12-16 years

The leftist do wield a lot of control, but many Dem moderates can pull candidates to the Dem center, where in my eyes and others, the Far right had taken over quite a bit of the republican party and all, most republican politicians fell right in line with the far right religious sector

To the Republican, be strong but in public, dont shove religion down our throats. A lot of Dems voted for Reagan, he didn't scare us

Its sort of like Bushes religious group, I don't know what they are called of born agains, but that group doesn't it believe (I'm pretty sure of this) Doesn't it believe that when it all comes to an end only their sect/group goes to heaven. People (not all) don't want a president that doesn't even believe that we can go to heaven. In a way out way its like hey God says only he and his kind can go to heaven why care about the others

I'm not trying to sound rude like I said, but the far right has made it very uncomfortable for dems to vote republican. Not that many would now after Bush and his spending habits, Some would like a fiscally conservitive , but the republicans arent that anymore at all

Obama isn't talking any thing worth while yet and I dont think he has experience to be prez, but what many call change, is really we just want Bush and many of his policies out, so Obama can give a good speech so many are looking his way, just for that much of a change

Yo say he will get creamed he may not, you say Americans don't want liberal judges, but you know something at least half dont want far right judges either and the taxes, the dems really don't think Bushes tax cuts helped all that much and especially not now that we may be going into a recession or at least a rough time. Many blame the republicans for wages going down, for people barely making it while corporations are/were making a killing on the backs of hard working middle class and overseas labor. When you say Americans, remember that about 50% of us really dont share all the other sides views and many of us think the republicans in office dont care about us, the other American

This is just my opinion and I know its all over the place, but I figured I'd share how I feel,. Now dont beat me up, its just trying to help you see how others see things

G'day

As an ignorant foreigner.... amongst other things... I find it refreshing that a newcomer is standing for the highest office on the planet. There is nothing worse than old time party "faithful" who believe that it is there turn for president simply because they have been in the game the longest.

I would like to see the president of the USA as representative of the people and not of the party, some-one who knows about grocery & utility bills instead of legal "bills", some-one who understands working/professional people because it is where s/he is from. Not some-one who has worked for the party all their life and who's horoscope is an opinion poll.

As for religion - I'd like to see a leader who is on God's side, as opposed to the usual "God is on my side" and "might is right" rhetoric.

While I don't know much about BO, or how your upper/lower house or party system works, the idea of a young black president, who is not a party hack controlled by the faceless party power-brokers, is appealing.

NOBODY EVER SAID THE MAJORITY WAS RIGHT