Sign in to follow this  
jbruno

NO on-site water

Question

I just looked at 15 buildings for a management company... they are 2 1/2 stories (vinyl siding) and 6 buildings have 5 decks that measure 6x12 (30 total). the other 9 buildings have decks that are 6x12 (double decker) and each bulding has three of these decks... (so 27 total decks)....

They want buildings cleaned, decks cleaned and stained, and some repair work on the decks... here's the kicker... NO WATER AT ANY OF THESE BUILDINGS!!!

If it were a 1 day job, It wouldn't be a problem to get a water truck, but how am I gonna get that much water over a period of 10 or 14 days??

Any suggestions would be great...

My idea was to rent a big tank and have water delivered each day I was going to work... but that may take multiple fills each day??

17 answers to this question

fire hydrant check with the city or county or the water dept.

I would be willing to bet there has be one close by. Especially for that many buildings.

Around here, some cities will let you have the wrench to open the hydrant, and then you have a meter that attaches to the hydrant so you pay for what you use. You must put a deposit down on the equipment though.

Do they have garages? If so get them to let you use water out of there?There must be some place to tap into.

No garages, they are condo/apartment type buildings... the other 18 buildings I am bidding on have outside water...

spoke to a few companies today... 6,000 gallons of water will cost 235-250$ and to leave the tank, it will cost 65-75$ a day. probably will be the option I go with...

Tons of work, decks alone will be nearly 27k... without building washes and without figuring in cost of stain. I'm looking at about 10,500 sq. feet of deck...

It may not look to proffesional, but why couldn't you use an adapter(old waterbed fill kit) and hook up to a sink inside one of the units and run your hose out the door or window?

When we have this problem with a customer who's well is not capable of supporting a full wash we will call in a tanker truck of water. The tanks are 3600 gallons and can last a full days wash. If you need more, the 6000 gallon units are like the ones some may have seen being used to fill pools with.

The companies usually charge a flat rate for a full tank and you can get as many trucks as you need to keep you going.

I'd forget about trying to haul water as the setup and tear down plus travel time, fill time will take too long. Getting a meter is one option we have used if there are several hydrants located close enough to hook up directly to and keep washing till it is time to move to the next unit with another hydrant close by.

Hope this will help.

Rod!~

How about you just sub it out !!!!!!! lol

If I knew someone as talented as I am, I would... got any suggestions?

Actually haven't heard from them, but they were supposed to present on the 21st??

Where I live there are companies that will bring a water trailer with a few thousand gallons of water, the trailer is dropped off on your site and left until done with it...The company here is called "Rain for Rent"

Where I live there are companies that will bring a water trailer with a few thousand gallons of water, the trailer is dropped off on your site and left until done with it...The company here is called "Rain for Rent"

Hydrant and a 2 1/2 inch drop hose. That is the only way to go with a job of this size.

post-1950-137772222004_thumb.jpg