Sign in to follow this  
Mountain View

You know you have daughter when....

Question

My two daughters (18 and 20) are living at home while they go to the local college for their general ed classes. For the month of November they had, between the two of them, 15,000 (no, this is NOT a typo) text messages on their cell phones! Thank God for unlimited texting on our cell phone plan.

19 answers to this question

Assuming they sleep 8 hours a night, that means that they send a text about every two minutes. That, is insane. Especially since I am assuming that they cannot easily do mass quantities of texts during class.

I guess this shows us where our lives are going? We used to control our teenagers and they listened. They were actually part of the family. Check out who is playing all the games at Best Buy, etc. They are 15-40 yr olds. Sad as our lives have become, I guess it is for the best? A National report yesterday said, 50% of people own some form of electronic game. Of that 27% play games for over an hr a day. Nice. No wonder we do some of the things we do. Also taking out the personal contact we used to have. I would never text a customer unless asked to. There is no personal contact and they are only a number by texting? Am I way off? Thank you.

You know you have a TEENAGE daughter when....

• she begins to eye your jewelry
  • your shoes fit her
  • your more youthful clothes fit her
  • she wants to shop at certain stores
  • they are expensive stores
  • she reminds you of yourself
  • she reminds you of your mother
  • she reminds you of other women in your family
  • she makes some of the faces you make, better than you do
  • ....ummm....PMS

Beth

You know you have a 15 yr old son when HE Play's his Electric GuiTAR at 5:30 in the AM waKing up the HOUSE !!!!! An HOUR ago ........

Was he still up from the night before?

:lol:

Terry,

The reports/survey we were talking about over here yesterday were about how they surveyed the teens about ethics with questions if they've shop lifted in last how many days or cheated on tests, etc. and the numbers were incredible. So incredible that a bunch of us discussing didn't believe the survey. I thought it sponsored by somebody with an agenda.

Do you think that was same thing?

Teenage girls are not outgrown this BS at age 23 (not a teenager anymore???) At what point do we become adults these days?

When my son went away to college, they had a parents survival class. Their statement was that the 20 year old of today is the same maturity as a 13 year old of 1955.

Sorry.