Sign in to follow this  
ApexPCLLC

The best machine manufacter

Question

Just curious To which machine is the better machine. I currently use a Hydrotek while I Was surfing the net I came across this Site PowerLand Power Tools Powerland Factory Outlet: Portable Gas Generators, Diesel Generator, Snow Blower, Pressure Washer, Construction Power Tools ---- Toll Free: (866) -750-7776 They Have a hot pressure washer for 2000.00 and free shipping. Anyway i was comparing the specs and the only difference is this unit doesnt get as hot as mine and a different motor.Anyway Just out of curiuosity I bought one to try it out let me know what you think.

33 answers to this question

Just curious To which machine is the better machine. I currently use a Hydrotek while I Was surfing the net I came across this Site PowerLand Power Tools Powerland Factory Outlet: Portable Gas Generators, Diesel Generator, Snow Blower, Pressure Washer, Construction Power Tools ---- Toll Free: (866) -750-7776 They Have a hot pressure washer for 2000.00 and free shipping. Anyway i was comparing the specs and the only difference is this unit doesnt get as hot as mine and a different motor.Anyway Just out of curiuosity I bought one to try it out let me know what you think.

Sounds like a commercial......

What John above said.

I gotta be honest. Just about every manufacturer uses totally off the shelf components. A honda 20 hp motor is a Honda 20 Hp motor on a Landa, Shark, Hotsy, or a Hydrotek. A TS2021 is the same as well. A Cat is the same as well.Schedule 80 coil is Schedule 80 coil Only real diffrence is who will screw you the least on buying the machine and who will do the best warranty and repair work.

I just wish the pressure washer manufacturers would listen to certain types of cleaners and build machines that were built for not only durability but ease of maintinance in the field based on how they are used. They don't which is proof that they cookie cut the machines.

I would stay with known proven components, not some chinese knock off that you have little to no long term support for.

well my opinion is...to make the machine cheaper you have to cut corners just as any thing else and when you cut corners you may get smaller gas tanks, no filter here ,no filter there,cheap hose n wand,etc,etc.get what im trying to say. and most of all you need to beable to count on them for service.the expensive machines that have been manufactured for10+years are still in buisness today. alot of those guys come and go

Yea I talked to my service guy today and he said he has seen them before. With heavy use the motor will blow in about 3 month. Quote "Its a wannabe Honda"

I must have a good one then cause my wannabe honda has run hard for 4 to 6 hours a day 5 days a week for 8 to 10 months now. I think the saying you get what you pay for came from people who need to justify the exorbitant price they paid for whatever they bought.............makes em feel good.

Well I still bought it. It has a One year factory quality warranty for whole machine. 2 year warranty for Engine and Pump. I called them they are faxing me in writing that my service guy can fix it and bill it to them. Also My guy told me when it blows he'll put me a 16HP Vangaurd on it for 600 dollars.

I've got two chinese engines. They work fine. Just as good as honda from what I've seen. One of them is electric start and the other isnt. I've got 6 months use on each of them and no problems whatsoever. They are actually a little easier to start than a honda and quieter for some reason. Jain Dong is a big engine manufacturer in china and they make most of the look alikes. I've got a 11hp JD engine mounted to a belt driven AR pump, all set up for less than $650. For that price, I would probably just use the burner coil and tank, maybe put a little better pump on there, 2k, you cant go wrong.

I've got a hydrotech hot water unit and really there is no comparison. Our hydrotech has a cat belt driven pump and 110 volt burner, absolutely the best burner hands down that I've ever seen. Both chinese knockoffs I've got had broken air cleaner housing and some other cheap components like the gas cap and oil dipsticks. If you've got the money and a lot of work, go for american made stuff.

One of the few things I have learned in 50+ yrs. of life is to purchase good tools and equipment. Cheap price comes with a cost.

Again, justification for a higher price. In my 44 years Ive found there is NO direct correlation between price and quality.

The Yugo was cheap...

HAAAA

My neighbor had one of those in 1986. They left it in the driveway on a summer night with the windows down. It rained that night . She came outside and the door pannels had peeled off the doors and rolled up. They were made out of cardboard.

The chineese stuff might be fine but the great unkown is my comfort. I am supporting my family with this job and do not need to worry about an issue like that. Also if I need an air filter for Jang's Dong I can get it down the street for 3 bucks right away, but I would assume most parts on the Jang's dong are interchangeable withthe Honada.

A few years ago, the chinese started selling a cheap knockoff of the Russian Ural and Dnepr motorcycles in the states. The Urals and Dneprs were knockoffs of a BMW model they used to invade in the Great Patriotic War. I know some guys that own Urals, they are exactly what they seem to be, truly old-school, simple, inexpensive tough little bikes that can seriously offroad with a sidecar. They are as ugly as homemade soap, but tough.

The Chinese have been making them forever as well, they just were a little later entering the US. One of my pals that had intended to buy a Ural, couldn't see spending the extra money for a Ural. We are talking about ~ $1000 bucks here, not a great fortune, but significant. The Urals sell all day, with powered sidecar, for ~$8000 and can be had cheaper.

The difference was all little crap that would drive you crazy. The chinese bike had all the right parts, but many in the wrong places. Two different springs in the carberator were transposed, and the valve springs were from two different bikes, each head had a different size. Also, the metallurgy was vastly different. Parts that bent in the first year on the chinese bike are unbreakable on the Urals.

The lesson I take from this, and from other experiences with Chonda knock-offs of the Honda Rebel 250, is that the money saved isn't saved for long, nor is it enjoyed. I finally told my friends that no more Chinese bikes were getting worked on in my shop.

I once again am amazed that in an industry that clamors about the shoddy worksmanship of low-priced hacks, people still rush to buy equipment from low-priced hacks. Then they ask our opinions in open forums, and then complain about people giving opinions that disagree with theirs.

If you have or want a cheap piece of machinery, I hope it works out to be inexpensive as well. I will continue to look for value.

There are those that only buy Landa's and Hotsy's because they love those machines, and can see value in the higher cost. I love my Pressurepro machine, but nearly bought Hydrotek, because I like the prices and trust the quality. Roger has a chonda that works for him, and was cheap. I'm sure he loves it because he sees value in it. This is precisely what it means (to me) to get what you pay for.

A few years ago, the chinese started selling a cheap knockoff of the Russian Ural and Dnepr motorcycles in the states. The Urals and Dneprs were knockoffs of a BMW model they used to invade in the Great Patriotic War. I know some guys that own Urals, they are exactly what they seem to be, truly old-school, simple, inexpensive tough little bikes that can seriously offroad with a sidecar. They are as ugly as homemade soap, but tough.

The Chinese have been making them forever as well, they just were a little later entering the US. One of my pals that had intended to buy a Ural, couldn't see spending the extra money for a Ural. We are talking about ~ $1000 bucks here, not a great fortune, but significant. The Urals sell all day, with powered sidecar, for ~$8000 and can be had cheaper.

The difference was all little crap that would drive you crazy. The chinese bike had all the right parts, but many in the wrong places. Two different springs in the carberator were transposed, and the valve springs were from two different bikes, each head had a different size. Also, the metallurgy was vastly different. Parts that bent in the first year on the chinese bike are unbreakable on the Urals.

The lesson I take from this, and from other experiences with Chonda knock-offs of the Honda Rebel 250, is that the money saved isn't saved for long, nor is it enjoyed. I finally told my friends that no more Chinese bikes were getting worked on in my shop.

I once again am amazed that in an industry that clamors about the shoddy worksmanship of low-priced hacks, people still rush to buy equipment from low-priced hacks. Then they ask our opinions in open forums, and then complain about people giving opinions that disagree with theirs.

If you have or want a cheap piece of machinery, I hope it works out to be inexpensive as well. I will continue to look for value.

There are those that only buy Landa's and Hotsy's because they love those machines, and can see value in the higher cost. I love my Pressurepro machine, but nearly bought Hydrotek, because I like the prices and trust the quality. Roger has a chonda that works for him, and was cheap. I'm sure he loves it because he sees value in it. This is precisely what it means (to me) to get what you pay for.

Funny you say that I have a 98 Sportsman and a 1983 Ural that was the mail delivery vehicle for the Lithuanaian Mail service. The chinese copy you speak of is called a Chaing Jaing, they are used alot to make BMW R-73 coppies of WW2 bikes I have a friend who has 2 of them . they are cheap but fairly well made bikes but will greande if you try and drive them at anything near a highway speed.

Dont Buy this Powerland machine. Got it today cleaned my driveway and before I was finished the pump seized. I called general pump and was told its not theres. ""FALSE ADVERTISING"''

I just looked at their website link you first posted. I don't see anything about the machine advertised using a General Pump. I even looked at the pdf manual posted at the bottom of the Hot water washer listed. I would hope there was oil in the pump. Did the salesman say it was a General Pump or Like a general pump?

It's made to look like a general or AR pump but it is not. Take it back where you bought it and if you used your credit card say you want the charge dropped and they can have the machine . If you paid out right for it it is probably your loss. You can sue them but it will cost you time and about 35 dollars in filing fees.