Sign in to follow this  
Aqua Pro

$350 or bust

Without naming names, I belong to a trade organization. This particular T.O charges $350.00 per year to be a member. They cite numerous benefits to being a member but thus far, all I can really see for my money is the permission to use their logo on my stationary or in my advertising and a link on their website to mine (which btw has YET to give me so much as 1 lead over a three year period).

In fairness, I have met some great people in this organization but am confident my relationship would continue with them with or without being a member.

1) Does anyone else feel that $350.00 is over the top for such a membership (good grief the NRA is only $25.00 a year)

2) Is there another option?!! (What happened with the big "powwow" in Penn last year???

Edited by Aqua Pro

Without naming names, I belong to a trade organization. This particular T.O charges $350.00 per year to be a member. They cite numerous benefits to being a member but thus far, all I can really see for my money is the permission to use their logo on my stationary or in my advertising and a link on their website to mine (which btw has YET to give me so much as 1 lead over a three year period).

In fairness, I have met some great people in this organization but am confident my relationship would continue with them with or without being a member.

1) Does anyone else feel that $350.00 is over the top for such a membership (good grief the NRA is only $25.00 a year)

2) Is there another option?!! (What happened with the big "powwow" in Penn last year???

Hey Thomas....check these guys out...I hear they are doing something along the lines of having a new organization with a launch of it withing 60 days.

www.*****.org

Professional Orgs I belong to

NAFED, fire extinguishers and suppression systems. $395.00

NFPA $115.00

National Fire Sprinkler Association $500.00

Oregon Fire Equipment Distributors $150.00

Some orgs are worth more, others are worth less. Only you can decide.

Considering how things are...I think $350 is much too high for them. The benefits have no teeth. We rejoined last year, but not sure about this year. We have other things on the horizon (*****) and that we belong to already that we feel are better for our business. Best money spent was joining the BBB. If you have not done that, I suggest you do.

Beth

I have yet to join any PW org.

It will take some strong points to get accross and through to convince me that 350.00 is a good investment. I can invest 350.00 in a lunch for local contractors to come to and grow my business leaps and bounds just for buying meals (proven fact It works, I have already done it.)

However I am not opposed to joining or helping I just an keeping an open mind at this point.

Am I rambling again ?

It will take some strong points to get accross and through to convince me that 350.00 is a good investment. I can invest 350.00 in a lunch for local contractors to come to and grow my business leaps and bounds just for buying meals (proven fact It works, I have already done it.)

However I am not opposed to joining or helping I just an keeping an open mind at this point.

Am I rambling again ?

Not rambling at all, thats how I was and still am at times. I have to weight the benefits on anything I join.

I have joined a few orgs in the last 1 1/2 years. I now wish I joined them years ago

The ***** is putting down a good base for contractors to gain knowledge & jobs and some other good stuff. I am in this biz to make money and hopefully by my good work, promote the industry too....But mainly "Show Me The MONEY" I think a good org will help me in that

Hey Russ you going to the Bama RT? LOL

Am I rambling again ?

That's a great idea on the buying lunch thing.