Sign in to follow this  
StainlessDeal

Enough Already!

Question

I have been a moderator on TGS since I don't know when. I don't do a lot of moderating, as a PM or a phone call usually can straighten things out just fine, so you may not have noticed me doing anything.

But I have to tell you that some of you have no idea what a pain it is to have to field so many calls about situations encountered on this board. I probably have done more moderating and advocating for this board at round tables and other social gatherings than I have online. Since last Wednesday, I have handled more than 100 separate calls concerning this board, or personnel of this board, or threads on this board, or members of this board. Those calls were mostly voicemails that filled my inbox faster than I could empty it. There are 24 hours of discussion on my cellphone from calls that I did manage to answer.

I am not an administrator here, just a moderator in one forum. I have loved and learned from this community since before I was in business, but I don't own this board. I will not ban any members, nor do I generally hand out infractions. I post in threads when I see trouble, or more often, I just send a pm or email to gently correct errant behaviour.

On occasion I have risen to bait, as I did this last week. Interestingly, I received few calls about it until after I was infracted for my behaviour, and apologized. Then the dam broke!

I took a couple of days entirely away from the internet to consider my best course of action, and now here it is:

It is enough.

I have a business to run, a blog to write, an organization to grow, and a family to love and protect. Just a very tiny minority of callers, maybe only one (several times), said the magic word, and now I've had enough. That caller should know that a prepaid cellphone won't be protection enough from now on. The proper authorities are looking, and when they find you, I will assist them in finding you new government-owned housing.

I warn you now, in the public eye, and I know you are reading this, you don't want to know how badly you have misjudged me if you think you have a shot at carrying out your threats. The law will be kinder to you than I. You are a cowardly little speck of filth, and while I was wrong about your identity before, you won't stay lucky long.

It is enough.

I'm resigning as a moderator here, in order to concentrate on more important tasks. I'm disappointed in the conditions that made this move attractive to me. In light of the much more real issues I have to settle, being concerned about the vacillating toleration and inverted authority rising to prevalence in this particular part of the community is extraneous.

I guess I'm just a "yes man".;) It never ceases to amaze me how poorly some people know who their friends are. In parting, I'd like to thank TGS for the opportunity to serve here, it has been an honor.

But it is enough.

My phone is still always on, call me if you want to discuss business, the *****, weather, hunting, anything but complaints about TGS. Be positive or begone!

11 answers to this question

Scott,

First, thank you for your service to TGS. I don't know if its "Global Warming", the Democratic-run government, a cold Spring, evaporated 401K's or aliens attacking the www, but there certainly seems to be a lot of :angryfire on a few of the pw bbs lately. Sad to see it and I, for one, wouldn't put-up with it either! (Nor will I contribute to it.)

Very well put Scott.

We have always considered you to be a valuable contributing member here and hope that in some of your spare time, you may find it to be of interest to you to participate in whatever fashion you choose.

Until then, thank you for your help and support of TGS.

Rod!~

Scott,

I am more than sorry for your troubles. You have been a positive and informative voice on TGS for many years. Thank you for your contributions.

Most of us do not realize, but "moderator" is more than a title. Aside from time, when the cell phone bill overage reaches astronomical amounts, it is time to retrench. Members should use simple, common courtesy and not pester moderators to death.

Best wishes to you Scott and thanks again.

People need to grow up or shut up. Scott can't blame you at all, BS is BS. Scott its alway been a pleasure reading your posts, talking to you and seeing you at RT's and being a Team member with you on the *****, your insight and how you say it is always is always right on.

Scott, you will certainly be missed. Losing a professional such as yourself is not only a loss to the forum, but to the industry as a whole. All of this line drawing and peeing on trees needs to stop. The damage is widespread.

Thank YOU Scott Millen for all you have done for TGS :)

You and I "got a little carried away" recently and BOTH Apologized to each other, and everyone else for it.

That is the END of it as far as I am concerned.

I am sorry that someone took it upon themselves to threaten you.

I had NOTHING to do with it, nor do I Condone ANY threats to anyone over a stupid Internet Disagreement.

I HAVE been on the RECEIVING end of threats before Scott over Internet disagreements :(

I was Threatened with a Can Of Gasoline and a Baseball Bat in the not too distant Past :(

I didn't ENJOY sleeping with a Loaded Pistol under my Pillow.

I have been in my share of "Internet Disagreements"

Never can anyone say "I threatened them" over it.

I am TRULY sorry that someone threatened you :(

I HOPE they catch whoever it was :)

You were NEVER threaten Chris.You didn't get a long standing joke and blew things out of proportion.

I can't speak for Chris, but I can speak for Rod and I and it has happened before to us, and it was not a joke to us - at all. We don't appreciate that kind of humor here, and I don't see how anyone would, especially since many of us don't know each other well enough to call that humorous.

Beth

You were NEVER threaten Chris.You didn't get a long standing joke and blew things out of proportion.

Scott, I am going to say JUST this.

I think a "joke" like saying "If I have to drive to Tampa with a Gas Can and a Baseball Bat Nichole, it is all in a Day's Work" when we were arguing is quite unappropriate.

I am DONE arguing with people on the Internet :)

Apple OUT :)