Sign in to follow this  
Scott Paul

Armstrong Clark and TheSealerStore Contest!

Question

Here's the Rules!:

*Post a picture of your Armstrong Clark Wood or Deck Restoration Project. Must be a New Picture from 2009 that has never been posted.

*Contractors Only!

*You can only enter one picture.

*Deadline for entering contest is Sunday May 31st

*When done I will post a poll with all contestants pictures! The winner will be voted from your peers and you cannot vote for yourself!

*This contest is also on PT State. You can enter both contests to increase you chances of winning but you cannot win both.

What you will Win!:

*2 Pails of Armstrong Clark Wood Stain

*One Speed Mop Kit

*Wooster Bucket

*Wooster 6" Bravo Stainer

*TheSealerStore Golf Shirt, Hat, and Sweatshirt

*Free Web Hosting for a Current or New Website on our server for 1 year (I will install Joomla or Wordpress for Free)

This is worth over $500!

Please post your pictures below in this thread with your name as well.

Scott

Edited by Scott Paul

71 answers to this question

I'm moving to CalF to work on REd WooD! LYle, That'S Too BeautifuL ! How many pounds Saw Dust do you eat per year and pick out of every orifice ?

I sanded all the flat & the cap rails about 6 or 7 years ago & have maintained it since. Of what we could collect, there was about 3, 35 gallon garbage bags of dust from that job. Per year, I dont even know how much dust we produce. Makes good flower bed mulch.

Here's a dock we resurfaced with new pt pine in February. We went back last week with a 50/50 mix of cedar tone and super cedar. The owner didn't really want any sealer on it, but I worked it into the total anyway. It's a vacation home and no one was around when we covertly went over and sealed it. The guy loves it.

I love the super cedar on pine.

The benches have hidden LEDs underneath and the whole stationary part of the dock glows at night. The dock is 110' long overall.

The 'before' pic just shows it after we tore off the old wood.

Man Alan you have them right in your hands. Draining the lake and all for you to do this dock. Nice work looks great.

If all goes well and the AC gets here I should have a pic next week. Not a grand deck or dock like some pictured but hey it's wood!

Wooo well finally got a new camera after the old one with all my 2009 pictures burned up in the truck. Looks like ill get pictures of my last two decks this week.

I wish I had time to go back around and get pictures from all the old customers this year. Problem is I hate when there is furniture on the deck for the picture

Good luck to everyone - if it weren't for this Nor'easter like winter storm hitting the northeast for the last couple of weeks, I'd be in the game too. As far as I can tell it won't be until July 8 or so before I finish this deck I am on - that means I will have been on it a full month!

I haven't went and taken the pics of the vineyard I was gonna enter in the contest. There were 3 parts to the job a shop, well house, and tasting room. The shop and tasting room were stripped. The tasting room new. The tasting room looks great. Trying to match 3 year old stripped wood to new wood with AC didn't match up as well as I thought it would. The 3 year old wood turned out too dark for my taste. I dunno I don't think I''ll use that much of it again.

To be honest I don't care to win the stain. I've thought about it alot and what I've concluded is why in the world should I pay twice the amount of money for a stain that doesn't finish as pretty and isn't as good for the wood, and doesn't last any longer? I like the AC, and I think it's a great substitute if you can't get BGA shipped to your area. I wish I hadn't of used AC on this vineyard, I did it only for the sake of the contest.

If it were TWP 200 series that we could win then I might reconsider entering. I will still post some pics of that job when I get a chance to go by.

Only the rails on the log home have AC on them. The deck is the entry, not the house.

Beth

Beth,

Oops, sorry. Like the rails, the deck floor did not photograph well. Really like that log home!

To be honest I don't care to win the stain. I've thought about it alot and what I've concluded is why in the world should I pay twice the amount of money for a stain that doesn't finish as pretty and isn't as good for the wood, and doesn't last any longer? I like the AC, and I think it's a great substitute if you can't get BGA shipped to your area. I wish I hadn't of used AC on this vineyard, I did it only for the sake of the contest.

If it were TWP 200 series that we could win then I might reconsider entering. I will still post some pics of that job when I get a chance to go by.

Where are you getting these "doesn't last as long, isn't as good for the wood, and doesn't finish as pretty" statements from anyway?

If it finished too dark it sounds like your own problem for not picking a better color.

For a free contest offered in kind by a distributor for a product that many of us use and purchase from him, maybe this isn't the best place to complain. I think many others are more than grateful that for the contest and its prizes.

larry, thats a fantastic looking deck. I have to vote for my own picture, so I at least get one vote, but you deserve to win with that deck!