Sign in to follow this  
charlie

2009 business?

Question

32 answers to this question

Not Bad. In preparation for a difficult year. I stopped renting a garage space ,sold a trailer unit and got rid of an old van I used for sealing. I need them all back now !!!

Slow, Jan, feb and March, well slower than last year BUT April & May have been UNREAL, my numbers are now better by over 10% than last year, we have June booked solid and some of July & August along with other regular projects. I foresee a heck of a good year, much better than I thought

More advertising $$$$, not really just spending it in better places.

Very busy!

Web, referrals, and repeats, no resi advertising this year at all. Spending all marketing $s this year on commercial work.

Very busy.....Got to love it John !!!!!! Spend that money where it pays off best. Cool !!!

Ditto to what Beth posted above. Homeowners appear to be willing to spend money on their exterior wood. With the cold, rainy Spring this year, many have not even considered a restoration or maintenance until recently.

If this rain keeps up we'll all end up with webbed feet!

Beth

Beth,

If this rain keeps up, we'll all end up with bank lines of credit! Cash flow with a cold, wet spring is difficult. Makes one thankful for putting a few bucks away for a rainy day.

Beth,

If this rain keeps up, we'll all end up with bank lines of credit! Cash flow with a cold, wet spring is difficult. Makes one thankful for putting a few bucks away for a rainy day.

Amen!

Beth

Beth & Ken,

Hey you guys/gals, don't complain! Had 9 days of virtually rain free weather to catch up on staining. We got in an old PT double staining this morning before the showers started.

Friday through Tuesday is forecast to be dry. Prep 'em now, stain 'em later. It is bonus time!

Beth & Ken,

Hey you guys/gals, don't complain! Had 9 days of virtually rain free weather to catch up on staining. We got in an old PT double staining this morning before the showers started.

Friday through Tuesday is forecast to be dry. Prep 'em now, stain 'em later. It is bonus time!

Oh joy!!! Nine days after 4 weeks....of...rain. Yeah - that seems balanced.... :lol:

Beth

Oh joy!!! Nine days after 4 weeks....of...rain. Yeah - that seems balanced.... :lol:

Beth

Beth,

Hah! Talk to Noah. Or is that NaOh? Hah! Come on' kid, it will balance out. We are all going to have a banner year.

Guy's ,this is mild compared to last year . Not even close to how bad it was. Yesterday I cleaned a reg. maint cust i coudn't do last year. They had a green slime coating on all thier wood, and roof, and blue stone. Continuous moisture and no sun takes money away and brings more back? I still hate wood care!