Sign in to follow this  
Scott Paul

Another Great Day for Staining :(

Question

14 answers to this question

Scott,

Same here in Central NJ. Longest stretch of wet weather that I can remember. We have a ton of work, just can't finish as we cannot stain. Not good for cash flow!

Thought water based stains would be the death of the wood restoration business, but now I think it may be constant rain!

Thought water based stains would be the death of the wood restoration business, but now I think it may be constant rain!

Maybe they will come up with a water-based stain that can be applied during heavy rain:)

We have lots of wood to seal. I am praying we get some relief next week to get things sealed up! You hate to wash too many in a year that is this wet. :sunshine: Think sunny thoughts! :sunshine:

Beth :cup:

... Bid on 60 600 s/f Trex decks. I hope I land it. Nice job to fill in on rainy days.

Ken,

Boy, you are not kidding. With this weather, Trex cleaning would be the cats meow. Hope you land 'em.

Food for thought....

Ken,

At 6:00 AM looks like heavy precip. just west of Harrisburg, Pa. moving east fairly fast. Looks like I'll get slammed by late morning. Staining a covered ipe' porch this AM, hope there is not too much wind.

Well...the last few days have been really nice where the temps have reached the low to mid 90's. We have a vast weather pattern that will continue to sit over the Bay Area that has nothing but clear skies and hot temperatures. People are swimming and families are getting ready for the July 4th.....wait a minute.....this is the Rain Thread...I meant to post this over in the Beautiful Weather thread....sorry! :lgangel:

Heat index in the 105's here, plus 10-20 mph hot winds made spraying really tough yesterday. Summer cold on top of that. I worked for it this week.

Hope it clears for you guys real soon.