Sign in to follow this  
eric

x-jet help

Question

79 answers to this question

We run two M-5's all the time, 4' wand 40' x-jet tubing. We rinse with M-5, apply chem with it and then rinse again. Best investment I've made for business in a long time, we used to downstream everything but after doing a house or two to get familiar with m-5 we never switched back. You will have to get used to bucket and extra line being in the way from time to time but the time it takes to move everything around you will still be faster than downstreaming.

I own 2 M5's & 1 of the original x-jets. I have used both of them extensively on both residential & commercial jobs. The original does shoot a bit higher than the M5, but not much. The disadvantage of the original is having to remove the close range nozzle from the tip if you have to spray up high. With the M5, you just twist the adjustable nozzle on it & spray like hell. I used to have 100' of 3/8" hose on it, but cut it in half to +- 50', because the hose is always tangled up in the pressure hose. That is a pain in the ass sometimes, but you get used to it & learn how to untangle the 2 hoses really quickly. I love the M5. A few months ago, I went to a job about 45 minutes from my house. I unreeled about 250' of both supply hose & pressure hose, unloaded my dolly w/ about 20 gal. of housewash, surface cleaner, wand etc. I went to my usual storage place for my M5 & it wasn't there. I looked all over my trailer for 30+ minutes & couldn't find it. I don't use a downstreamer, so I had to load everything back up, drive home to see if I might have left it there. It was there, in the pocket of my overalls that I had worn the day before. On my way back to the job, I got on the phone & ordered another M5, just so I would not be w/o it on any other job.

If you get the knack of measuring out your chems right and using a proportioner you ca double the strenth of your mix and only carry one bucket to do a house instead of mixing up 2 or more buckets...

I think I've got the perfect x jet setup now along with my deckster pump for those high chemical usage jobs. I've got two 40 gallon tanks mounted on my rig that I can fill with house wash or whatever I want and pump it to my m5 x jet.

Hi FullBlast,

I was killing myself on residentials until I got an xjet system. Call Pete at Sunbrite Supply. He will sell you an xjet systems for 112.00 plus shipping. It's the way to go.

Funny, I was killing myself with the Xjet, until I found a good downstream system!

I used to be a big proponent of the Xjet, but since I've been using my current downstream setup, I haven't touched the Xjet. I get my chems plenty strong enough to get the same results as I'd get with the Xjet, I can still shoot chems 30+ feet, and I don't have to drag a bucket around with me. There's no 2nd chem line to get tangled up with, and I don't have to mix multiple buckets of chems. Just fill a 5 gallon bucket with 4 gallons of 10.5% and a gallon of soap, drop the feed line in, and start washing.

The quality of the injector really does make a huge difference. I've used other injectors that didn't give me the ratio I'm getting with this one.

Funny, I was killing myself with the Xjet, until I found a good downstream system!

I am step building my biz as I see certain needs and am not as eleborate as some of the firms out there yet. But switching to the xjet has kept me on the ground for the most part. I do not have a 6 plunger pump on my unit so I have alot of recoil when I squeeze the trigger and that has proven to be very dangerous high up the ladder.

I am still learning the in's and out's of this biz after my first year, and will build a better system as $ and time allows. But so far I swear by the xjet.

Adrian

I am step building my biz as I see certain needs and am not as eleborate as some of the firms out there yet. But switching to the xjet has kept me on the ground for the most part. I do not have a 6 plunger pump on my unit so I have alot of recoil when I squeeze the trigger and that has proven to be very dangerous high up the ladder.

I am still learning the in's and out's of this biz after my first year, and will build a better system as $ and time allows. But so far I swear by the xjet.

Adrian

I used to swear by it too. Just don't be closed minded to new (or old) ideas. Time is money, and I can promise you I am faster without it. No ladders or lifts, same quality as with the Xjet, but no buckets or mixing multiple buckets of chems.

Get a flow type unloader for your machine (K7 or whichever is right for your gpm) and that will alleviate the initial pressure blast when you pull the trigger.

Mike, what injector are you using and where is it placed? I use one after the gun but have to drop the psi a little to get it to work but it does throw pretty strong chems.

Mike, what injector are you using and where is it placed? I use one after the gun but have to drop the psi a little to get it to work but it does throw pretty strong chems.

It's a stainless injector that I purchased from a distributor in Vero Beach www.verounderpressure.com ask for Mel

Placing it after the gun kinds defeats the purpose, doesn't it? May as well use the Xjet. The point, for me, of using the downstreamer is to avoid pulling chem lines and buckets in addition to pressure hose.

I don't use hose reels and attach my chem lines to hp hose. I use a 2 way ball valve and switch chems on the fly and get immediate change instead of waiting for the hose to clear when you use a solenoid.

I agree with dowstreaming and not having chem lines to trip over. I am looking at different injectors to try out. So far only one I have used will draw after the gun and under higher pressure.

Thanks for the info,

Larry

It's a stainless injector that I purchased from a distributor in Vero Beach www.verounderpressure.com ask for Mel

Placing it after the gun kinds defeats the purpose, doesn't it? May as well use the Xjet. The point, for me, of using the downstreamer is to avoid pulling chem lines and buckets in addition to pressure hose.

Mike, could you help me out with a little more info, like what kind of a nozzle do you attach to make your injector draw, and what nozzle do you use to rinse? By only changing nozzles, can you make the injector draw detergent, and stop drawing detergent? Please email me or call if you don't want to give all your trade secrets. Thanks

As I've stated before, I use a 20g cart mounted cart with my M-5, and I'm positive it is a faster methed then downstreaming. Honestly, if I had to carry buckets all over the property I would go back to the downstreaming as well, but the cart is easy to move, and with 50' of chem line, I only have to move it maybe 3 or 4 times on most houses. Personally, the fact that the x-jet can throw chems 30' is'nt at all why I like it, I like the fact that it applies chems three times faster then downstreaming, and it does'nt rust out my reels and hoses. Not to mention, I don't have to keep repriming the hose for chemical application and I can low pressure rinse the plants and what not without having to pull the draw line from the downstreamer.

I agree CCPC, I've been thinking about building myself a cart also but I want to make a small one with 4 wheels that will hold 10 gallons so I don't have to worry about tipping it over. I usually mix my house wash at triple strenghth and use the proportioners or just change my ratio by using the plastic ball valve on the line.

The one thing I was trying to say is that I have just stepped up to an xjet from the tips that came with my pw unit. "Step building". I am sure there are even better more convienient methods to getting the top of the house clean. Right now I am not as busy as alot of you guys are and I don't mind toteing the bucket. Just thankful to get the jobs period. I don't do any less of a professional job than most out there and have only had satisfied customers so far. Point I was trying to make is that the guy was just asking the benefits of an xjet verses "The hard way" and I think an x jet is the next step to easier resi cleaning. And $112.00 I thought I would pass it on.

I mean, like I initially said it has enabled me to do a 2 story in 2 hours or so verses the 4 hours previously before the xjet. Or at least til I get a helicopter with a fire bucket,

3 minute resi cleans.........lol. Didn't mean to start anything......I know at least it is working GREAT for me and my customers......

Henry, believe it or not, its actually pretty stable when toting it around. The only time that I've found tiping to be a problem is if you try to pull it sideways on a hilly area. I usually only have it filled about half ways anyway (about 10g or so).

We started with an X-jet, got the M-5 and are now in the downstreaming mode. Not hauling buckets and tangling hoses is just too convenient. Chems go just as high as with x-jet/M-5. We'll post some pictures of the setup this weekend if anyone is interested.

Celeste

We started with an X-jet, got the M-5 and are now in the downstreaming mode. Not hauling buckets and tangling hoses is just too convenient. Chems go just as high as with x-jet/M-5. We'll post some pictures of the setup this weekend if anyone is interested.

Celeste

Sure, I'd like to see pics. Roger has explained it to me, but a picture would be great!

Like I've said, we can't be closed-minded to new (or old) ideas...some of them actually work! With the right downstreamer and the right chems, it cleans just as well as the Xjet without the hassle of buckets and extra hoses.

The problem is that distributors can't sell a good downstreamer for $159.00, so many don't push it. The distributor I got mine from is also a contract cleaner, and uses this downstreamer for all his washing.

I would appreciate it if you would post a pic of your downstreamer setup.

ReedC

Reed's Pressure Cleaning

Brooksville, FL

I don't mind downstreaming or using an x jet, the only problem is I hate having to run 200' of soap out of my lines or back into my lines to clean stuff. With the m5 I can just turn the valve off and instantly rinse or soap when I want too. With 15% bleach I can downstream it with almost anytime of injector and have it work the way I want it to. I could pull out both high pressure lines and use one for soaping and one for rinsing but then I have two tangled lines so why bother?

When I've got two guys working on my dual gun rig I do it that way and just run the hoses opposite directions around the house.

I don't mind downstreaming or using an x jet, the only problem is I hate having to run 200' of soap out of my lines or back into my lines to clean stuff. With the m5 I can just turn the valve off and instantly rinse or soap when I want too. With 15% bleach I can downstream it with almost anytime of injector and have it work the way I want it to. I could pull out both high pressure lines and use one for soaping and one for rinsing but then I have two tangled lines so why bother?

When I've got two guys working on my dual gun rig I do it that way and just run the hoses opposite directions around the house.

It only takes a few seconds to get soap through 200' of hose...after a short time, you learn when to change tips to high pressure to finish soaping the last few feet. I'd much rather take 5 seconds to flush my lines than drag buckets and extra lines around (as you said, who wants two tangled lines?).

Whatever works best for you. For me, dragging buckets and extra hose just got too be a real hassle. This is easier, and more importantly, faster.

What is an X-Jet? Thanks.

It's basically a souped up fancy downstreamer that goes on the end of your wand rather than at the machine, and draws chems in through a feeder hose attached to it (like a downstreamer). It has a draw rate of 2.5 gallons per minute, regardless of the machine you're using, so the higher your gpm, the lower the ratio of chems to water.

It's a pretty useful tool, but I've found using a good downstreamer works just as good and is much less hassle.

post-30-137772143705_thumb.jpg

post-30-137772143708_thumb.jpg

There is a limit to how much water can go through an orifice and as you mentioned in combination with the size of the hose supplying the water to that orifice.

Fluidic pressure and volume are limited by the restrictions of their transfer mediums.

Rod~