Sign in to follow this  
Aplus

TWP Cedartone replacement???

Question

I have used TWP Cedartone 101 for over 12 years with outstanding results. Starting in 2010 I will no longer be able to purchase it in Michigan. Does anybody know of a good quality, strippable oil stain that has a very similar color to the TWP?

I ask because I have not found a local product with that distinct orange/cedar color that many of my customers request.

Thanks.

21 answers to this question

WOW!!!!!! Hi Tony! Boy we sure have missed you.

Try Armstrong Clark. We like it better than the VOC compliant version of TWP.

Boy do I miss the old stuff....before the VOC requirements changed....oh well...

Beth

Tony, the 100 series will be replaced with a new series that is going to be VOC compliant.

Also it is not set in stone that Michigan will change for 2010 but it is very possible. The rule also is that whatever is on the ground in 2009 can still be sold in 2010. This measn that a good dealer will buy enough inventory for the 2010 season by Dec 31st 2009. Of course when they run out there is no way to buy the 100 series again in Michigan.

Howdy all!!

Been a long time. A lot has happened during my absense, but I've missed everyone, and still hanging on power washing. I hope the economy straightens around soon, sheesh already.

Been looking at the Armstrong line but the fact it has vegetable oil in it seems alarming, as though it may be a food for mildew and algae. My local paint store (ICI Dulux)where I get my TWP does not yet have firm info whether they are going to carry the new TWP or switch entirely to Flood products, which they have already brought in the store. Yuck.

The Flood I'm seeing must be newer, it's called TWF, wonder if it's just a re-name of the awful CWF? I asked the guy at the ICI store why they are carrying Flood? He said that's the direction corporate is going and he can't do anything about it.

Amazing how that particular store sells dozens of pallets of TWP yet he has no influence whatsoever with corporate. I know for sure the FLood crap will not sell to the pros and that store will lose hundreds of thousands of dollars when it's all done.

Hey Now! :lgangry:

Sorry Tony,

Did not mean to insinuate that you are in that class. As a painter, you know a lot about exterior woods and decent stains.

But sadly, your colleagues, at least in my area, do not.

The TWP 100 series is still available at least through 2012. I know that I will have at least 8 pallets available through the spring of 2012. If you would like some call us. A link is provided. Our prices are probably better than ICI. We buy in larger quantities

http://supremedeck.com/

Michigan Deck Restoration | Deck Cleaning | Deck Refinishing & Staining | Building, Repair | Ann Arbor, Brighton, Rochester, Plymouth, Farmington, Bloomfield, Canton, Plymouth

Sherwin Williams will attempt to bring any stain your looking for. They just stopped carrying the Deckscapes tintable sealant. We have been using that for the past couple years and now they stopped for some reason. That was the old Cupernol.