Sign in to follow this  
ctodd

I bought some flowers today (almost)

Question

So I get a phone call from a guy in a nice neighborhood of which I had completed a deck restoration last week and he was gracious enough to let me leave a sign in his front yard leading to two other jobs. This gentleman tells me "We've got a problem." This is about the time that my stomach turns over and I start thinking "what could the problem be?"

The customer goes on to explain to me that "You killed my wife's flowers" Now I'm about to the point of throwing up wondering how many, and how much it's gonna take to replace them. I told him I would be right over so I made a 40 mile detour to take a look.

Come to find out it was one small planter that was wilting and not even dead and he claims that the stripping chemical did it but It would have died within 24 hours if that was the case right? Well none the less I told him I would be glad to replace them if he would tell me what they were (cause the customer is always right, right?) He told me his wife already got more flowers the previous night so I reached in my pocket and asked how much I owe him? The customer told me not to worry about it and by me taking the initiative to drive out of my way and offer to pay for my mistake (which the jury is still out on that one) that he knew I was a contractor of integrity and honesty then he gave me the addresses of all his rental properties and told me to do them and send him a bill! I went from 3 weeks out this morning to 7 weeks this afternoon!

I never knew killing flowers would be so lucrative!

9 answers to this question