Sign in to follow this  
zhamilton89

Look at my rig drawings and tell me what Im missing!

Hey everyone, I drew up some diagrams of the rig I am about to build and I just wanted to run it by everyone and see what you think. I have all of the equipment to put in it already, I am just looking to make the best and most efficient setup. The trailer in the drawing is an 8x16, the trailer I get may be bigger than this or may be a 7x16 idk yet. The trailer is the only piece of equip that I dont have yet.

The work I will be doing with this rig will be all around, I want to be able to do surfaces, fleets, garages, everything.

Thanks for any input you have.

post-4025-137772259292_thumb.jpg

post-4025-137772259318_thumb.jpg

post-4025-137772259339_thumb.jpg

Zack, What type of reclaim rig are you going to be using? I think that will dictate how much vacuum hose you can run. I know that I can run up to 600 feet of vacuum hose on mine, but I have a 24 horse fury system. I actually never run more than 200 feet, but I do it on two machines for a total of 400 feet. You are welcome to look at it. Just let me know.

The diagram shows two pressure washers on the front of the trailer, with the Vacuum system on the back. You really need a rigid trailer to mount a machine on the back of the trailer.

If youa re buying the PEV, let me know, I might be able to save you a little bit of money.

I already picked one up, thanks for the offer Scott, but do you guys think it would work to just move the pressure washer to infront of the 200gal tank? then use the rear of the trailer for storage? The only reason I had it in the back was so I could use a shorter hose from the PW to the pressure reel.

Where's the spot for the cooler. I think that should be more important than where you place the water tanks or any of that nonsense.

If you move the pressure washer to the front of the trailer it will have multiple benefits. You will have more weight on the tongue of the trailer, so that it will tow better. It will not be so hard on the machine from bouncing around. It will also be easier to fill the equipment. When you pull up to a pump, you will not as likely need to wait for the guy in front of you to be done, before you can pull up and fill your machines.

you make a good point about filling up, has anyone ever rigged a central fuel system? I think a single tank for gas and a single tank for diesel would work out great if it could be made safely. And also i was thinking about a central emergency kill switch that is connected to all of the equipment, something like an emergency pump shut off at gas stations, you know a big red button on the back of the trailer

It really would not be hard to do. A few feet of silicone hose, a couple of hose clamps and a cap should do it. You could also rig it to fill up from either side.

The Kill switch is an interesting idea, too.

What happens with that picture if the water tanks don't have any water in them. Could the two skids possibly cause to much tongue weight on the hitch?? I'm guessing most likely not if the Tongue weight has a pretty decent high rating. If its only a 1000lb allowed tongue weight then I could see a problem. I did break my Hitch in the past but thank god for breakaway brakes and Metal crossed chains.

What weight capacity will the axles be? Remember that you have to think about the weight of the trailer itself when doing the math.

With all that equipment on the trailer and the tanks 1/2 to 3/4 full, you might overload the axles. I bent an axle already, no fun and then replacing it and a set of tires is no fun either.

You might want to go with stronger axles to be safe. I bent my axle hitting either a pothole or a speed bump not going more than 20mph. I had around 6000 total pounds including the trailer at the time so it is good to have stronger axles for added safety.

There was a guy here that loaded up a bobcat onto the trailer and instead of it being over the axles, he put it closer to the front of the trailer and the whole tongue of the trailer bent then broke off after bending the guy's bumper. A little more safe to have the towing package when hauling heavy trailers.

I would re-think that rig setup. skid over front axle, then tank on rear axle for sure.but like Chris said dont go over the recomended trailer weight. you could case serious damage if a weld breaks.

Edited by Joe Ortiz

Im running a class IV hitch so I dont think tongue weight will be a problem, I just want to make sure I have the distribution right, Im going to have to do some tests before I bolt everything down. Just need to make sure the trailer tracks solid with the tanks empty and full.