Sign in to follow this  
PressurePros

A Deck Clean and Stain - A day in the life of a PressurePros crew

Question

I posted this on another link about the weather. I figured I would break this out to a new thread and have a little fun. Enjoy!

This was one of the more complex jobs this year so I was on the jobsite. Height, acyrylic stains, multi level, glass inserts, steps, benches, lots of sanding and brush work.. this one had it all.

McNamara-1.jpg

moldy_toward_gazebo.jpg

100_1104.jpg

Preparing to get 'er clean.

prep_for_clean.jpg

Testing out the new invisible harness from SafeTech. I dare you to find it!

sanding-3.jpg

The first coat is down on the floor. Porch, 3rd story deck, gazebo and rails are done. Pierre cuts in under the rail system.

gazebo_from_deck.jpg

p.jpg

A couple close-ups of the gazebo. We used a lighter color inside to accentuate the beauty of the cedar shingles.

gazebo_closeup.jpg

replacing_fan-1.jpg

The second coat goes down on the floor.

prep_2nd_coat-1.jpg

The after-shots of the whole deck and porch did not come out because of the sun. Here is the only one I could salvage along with some better shots of the way the color turned out. Beautiful if I do say so myself.

whole_finished_sun.jpg

closeup_below.jpg

Edited by PressurePros

21 answers to this question

Thanks, Beth! Customer is a super guy. Actually he and his wife are very nice and were patient while we worked through two ruined floor stainings because of the rain. We're scheduled for more work.

Edited by PressurePros

Looks like you barely budged the stain where the old rail system was connected. You just sand the all that off?

That was layers of acrylic (I'd swear mixed with super glue). We brushed straight stripper onto those things twice. Yep, we had to sand it all off. And of course much of it was from ladders. It doubled my allotted prep time.

The rain plays havoc one way and the sun plays havoc the other. Some times you need a special trip back, just to get a good after (Revived) pic. Need an overcast day to get the right camera shots.

Again, and as per usual, nice job Ken.

The rain plays havoc one way and the sun plays havoc the other. Some times you need a special trip back, just to get a good after (Revived) pic. Need an overcast day to get the right camera shots.

Again, and as per usual, nice job Ken.

Richard, isn't that the truth? Some guys have a natural knack for picture taking. I'm not one of them though I am getting better by just taking tons of pictures with various settings. And thank you for the kind words.

Ken,

Holy smokes, that is one huge job. Triple decker on one side, and an elevated gazebo on the other. Add in that you guys had to strip an acrylic which is the proverbial nightmare. Oh yeah, and the very cooperative weather we've had here in the northeast.

Congrats on getting that one done!

Rick, it was definitely a challenge. Trying to get eight decks done between today and Wednesday so I can head to the beach for the rest of the week. Other than being ridiculously hot, the weather looks good.

Thanks, Nate.

Just got a testimonail back from the customer. Some people are just a pleasure to work for:

I rarely hire contractors without a referral from a known source. However, after meeting Ken I decided to proceed with Pressure Pros for my deck restoration project, and I’m very glad that I did. Ken and his team were always on time and organized. The house and shrubs were well protected from any overspray or other damage. Despite some very uncooperative weather, the project was completed in a timely fashion to my complete satisfaction. I would recommend Ken and his team to anyone considering a deck restoration.

Brian McNamara