Sign in to follow this  
gutterdog

way too funny today at work!!!

Question

This was way too funny not to share today. On way to house wash seen a competitors outdoor sign. Before I could stop Jeff, my helper almost 4 years, jumped out the truck ran up to the sign doin a flying side kick!!! lol!!! hehehe... anyway! the sign was on a solid steel post!!! fell back on his ass!!! kodak moment!!! musta been 3 feet in the ground. the sign didnt budge!! Jeff wrestled with that sign good 5 minuites! The sign was written on an old board with paint, and lots or runs in the paint. lol!!! It had to go!! This a new thread to share funny moment like this one!!! Hey I was protecting my area from an obviously uninsured gutter cleaner!!

143 answers to this question

Mold algae. Its all organic. Are you a reserve spellin police in here?

yea I got that. figured that out today. The front of my guinee pig tryin something different tomorow. Your riddles did help. So dont get me wrong. I do appriciate them.

Was awesome today watchin the shingles change color in front of my eyes like the rakes and gutters before!!!!! Just not as fast as I'd like. I'm alot saltier than yall think I am.

I lowered myself lookin for help. Yall crapped on me like I was some fly by nighter. Every single one of you was where I was.

I talk in riddles too. I'm gonna beat you and get it done better quicker and cheaper.

GUTTERDOGS!!!!

PS. Came back to say this. Didnt have to be this way. But it is. I have loyalties. Those I hold tight.

And who scared of my website and knarked me out? Who scared of me? ***** what I'm talkin bout? I took it off and I'm deletin my membership with them. ...Beth?

What is it?

Beth

Wow, this is got to be one of the strangest things I have ever seen. Some one tries to help you so you don't get hurt. Chloride and chlorine are not the same thing. People here have helped you get your website up from 3 grade reading level to about 6 grade level. You have learned from here, yet, in your broken English and poor spelling you rant and rave about riddles. Surely you are someone just playing on the web. I find it hard to believe that you run a business. If I am wrong I apologize, I just don't see it.

As far as the spelling on the website... A few days ago I had a friend that is a 12th grade english teacher read it. She said it reads fine?

If you didnt know this here a lil tidbit for you. The spiders that crawl your page... The simplier easier to read understand your page the better. Spelling is importand and I fixed that. One I left alone on purpose because that page comes up somewhere 1st on the first page in google yahoo and msn. So I guess spelling isnt that important??? I dunno

I havent really looked at anyones site yet. All yall looked at mine though?

I have asked the same questions many of you asked back in '04 etc.

I saw this guy for the first when posting how expensive we all were with our gutter cleaning pricing - so I did some research and found this thread as well...He is just like I suspected he would be.

Michael - your logic for raising pricing is ridiculous - you make grammatic errors comparable to 1st graders - why would anyone respect you to pay you good money?

If you aren't a bottom-feeder, nobody is. Folks in D.C. have loads of money, your pricing is a disgrace.

Hey Dan....shhhhhh.....I heard customers read these threads....shhhh...You are too expensive.....shhhhh I think you are raping your customers with your pricing, and I dont even know what it is???

"Logic for raising pricing" lil buzzed are we???

(I feel I can say that because it was said to me in here)

Went to look at your website. Like the cartoon character. Looking like a hippie! Back in the way early threads you were looked down on because you were a painter by the washers in here. You, on your website, push everything else but painting?

Look I'm going to take up for myself. Lets stop this. Dont say I started it! Because I didnt. You guys bashed and knocked me around. Asking the same questions you were asking. Remember customers read this!!! Some of you come off being very arrogant, and high priced. Price doesnt always mean quality. The customers around here are very educated and street smart at the same time. Keep your pricing the way it is and you will soon find yourself where you dont want to be. Best of luck to you and everyone else. Today I'm trying something different on my guinee pig. see if it is faster, at the same quality as the back, that took too long, I think.

I saved thousands doing the website myself. Figuring out SEO. and more. You guys pay someone else. The company that did your site is right there at the bottom. I think I'm ahead of you with that. I'll be up with you by the end of the day with washing roofs, or atleast very close.

Oh and also. You have run on sentences. You should capitalize the begining of your sentences. NOT separate sentences with a "-" Just put a "." at the end and I could go on about the way YOU write.

Edited by gutterdog

This has gotten hilarious now....riddles?

I've read this silly thread more than once now - I never saw any riddles - just PROFESSIONAL companies trying to guide you in the proper direction.

And any 12th grade teacher would be able to read your site - we all did and explained what the problems were just as she probably did.

And what exactly were you "narked" on? Curious minds want to know!

I'm pretty good at reading through run on sentences, bad grammar, hyperactive speech and bad spelling. What I cannot read through is a person's emotion stability or lack of it. One minute you are humbling yourself, the next you are talking in complete riddles and biting the hands that are feeding you. What the heck does the ***** have to do with your rants? Time to close this thread and let you move on. Good luck knockin' 'em dead with your superior business acumen.

I quit.

Mike, we all tried to help you but you seem to flip - flop on all your comments. Nobody here is a “god” as you say. 99 percent of the people here are professionals doing what we usually enjoy doing. We all learn from each other faster more efficient ways of getting the job done and thank each other for the information. Then comes Mike out of nowhere. You ask and we answer. What do we get for our efforts? A slap in the face. You may not realize that it takes us time away from our work and our family’s time to reply to your questions. I can assure you that it does.

I couldn’t believe one of your posts earlier that stated none of us live in the “real world.” Mike, my business pays my mortgage. Do you know what would happen if I missed two payments? My family and I would be evicted with no place to go. How’s that for the real world?" I have a incurable disease that causes my hair to fall out in clumps and is destroying my bones. My right hand is already crippled. The spine is giving me trouble now. Am I in the real world yet? I take this in stride and never complain about it even though I know what the future will be. You however complain about people trying to help you. I wish I had your problems. Mike, you have to learn who your friends are and not to bite the hand that feeds you.

Mike, you talked about “turning over a new leaf.” I don’t think you turned it over far enough.

Best of luck.

Rick

Edited by Rick2

Oh and also. You have run on sentences. You should capitalize the begining of your sentences. NOT separate sentences with a "-" Just put a "." at the end and I could go on about the way YOU write.

People in glass houses should not throw stones, and proper punctuation can mean the difference between a sentence, and a fragment.

Beth

This has gotten hilarious now....riddles?

I've read this silly thread more than once now - I never saw any riddles - just PROFESSIONAL companies trying to guide you in the proper direction.

And any 12th grade teacher would be able to read your site - we all did and explained what the problems were just as she probably did.

And what exactly were you "narked" on? Curious minds want to know!

Just got home! Long day and not that much money...

1. They were riddles to you 4-5 years ago. I have been in the old threads quite a bit.

2. She read it after I fixed the majority of my bad grammer. If she would have read it before she would have failed me!!! lol!!!

3. Wouldnt you like to know?

Had a thought today. Back in 2004. back when we were getting 450 500 a house wash, Yea I was too, but doin it the wrong way off of a ladder. Back in 2004. When some homes I was getting, for gutter cleaning, as much as 140- 160 a gutter clean(bigger homes). Houses started at 100.

Back in 2004. This forum shared alot more than they do today! People were friendlier to one another.

Now we are in a recession. Having your roof, gutters, house washed, or Deck cleaned etc. This is not a necessity. Plumbers are!!! LOL!!! Well feeding your family and paying your mortgage is more important. Times are tough. Prices to get work have gone down, what I'm seeing. Companies like me are expanding what they do. Offering more services... Trying to do it faster to compete with the lowballers.

Change the subject real quick then we get back. "Lowballers" Yea I read the thread! A lowballer isnt a bad thing. Unless he under cut you! Then he is a mo fo. (Ive seen others use that, so that i assume it is accepted here.) If the lowballer cuts corners in quality then that is bad. Cutting corners in quality to justify the lower price, He nets 100 bucks a day. I read the term "beer money", in the old threads. I totally agree. Someone the consumer needs to stay away from. Never the less! He is out there. OK. Now a lowballer in a good way. There is a franchise that subs out all their work. $219 house washes. Seems to be very succesfull. Still takes me 2 and half hours to wash a house, sometimes more, those freakin gutters! gutters included. I'm matching his price, but I take longer, and include the gutters, with butal till I'm happy. Maybe I have higher quality at the same price? Gutters? A company south of me DOESNT include the gutters. Thats an upsell he said. WOW! Can you do that? Wel the lowballin co that must be knockin out 8 houses a day at $219, per subcontractor. Seems to be very succesfull. That is the future. Like it or not.

WE are in 2009 now and a recession comparing to the great depression I read somewhere. Record # of people out of work. Circuit city went out of business! GM cuttin more lines... This forum has changed also.

I'm pretty good at reading through run on sentences, bad grammar, hyperactive speech and bad spelling. What I cannot read through is a person's emotion stability or lack of it. One minute you are humbling yourself, the next you are talking in complete riddles and biting the hands that are feeding you. What the heck does the ***** have to do with your rants? Time to close this thread and let you move on. Good luck knockin' 'em dead with your superior business acumen.

I'm just as frustrated as you man. Seems I touched something we all got.

I quit.

Mike, we all tried to help you but you seem to flip - flop on all your comments. Nobody here is a “god” as you say. 99 percent of the people here are professionals doing what we usually enjoy doing. We all learn from each other faster more efficient ways of getting the job done and thank each other for the information. Then comes Mike out of nowhere. You ask and we answer. What do we get for our efforts? A slap in the face. You may not realize that it takes us time away from our work and our family’s time to reply to your questions. I can assure you that it does.

I couldn’t believe one of your posts earlier that stated none of us live in the “real world.” Mike, my business pays my mortgage. Do you know what would happen if I missed two payments? My family and I would be evicted with no place to go. How’s that for the real world?" I have a incurable disease that causes my hair to fall out in clumps and is destroying my bones. My right hand is already crippled. The spine is giving me trouble now. Am I in the real world yet? I take this in stride and never complain about it even though I know what the future will be. You however complain about people trying to help you. I wish I had your problems. Mike, you have to learn who your friends are and not to bite the hand that feeds you.

Mike, you talked about “turning over a new leaf.” I don’t think you turned it over far enough.

Best of luck.

Rick

OMG. Oh My God. I also run a lil cancer group. Man. I'm sorry. I feel your pain. You are like Jane in the group. She has beaten cancer 8 times! She WILL NOT give up!!!Tiina, and many others. Many many others. They are my strength sometimes!!! Very awesome people. Stronger willed than me I think sometimes.

Split personality disorder? I can't make heads or tails out of him. Very entertaining though.

I'm no doctor but I think it's called Bipolar

Now we are in a recession. Having your roof, gutters, house washed, or Deck cleaned etc. This is not a necessity.

Wrong. Wrong attitude too. I wouldn't be in this business if I didn't think customers could be convinced of it's necessity.

Prices to get work have gone down, what I'm seeing. Companies like me are expanding what they do. Offering more services... Trying to do it faster to compete with the lowballers.

Wrong. My prices have gone up every year. Companies are cutting dead weight and refocusing on their core...their profitable core. Increasing speed if its a product of efficiency is something you should do regardless of lowballers.

Change the subject real quick then we get back. "Lowballers" Yea I read the thread! A lowballer isnt a bad thing. Unless he under cut you! Then he is a mo fo. (Ive seen others use that, so that i assume it is accepted here.) If the lowballer cuts corners in quality then that is bad. Cutting corners in quality to justify the lower price, He nets 100 bucks a day. I read the term "beer money", in the old threads. I totally agree. Someone the consumer needs to stay away from. Never the less! He is out there.

YOU are a lowballer. You live and operate with a lowballer mentality. You refuse to look past your competition, you have worked for years to develop a job not a business, and you focus all your attention on pricing. Only lowballers care about "undercutting". I don't know even know how that's defined. I WANT people to charge less than me....that means I'm running a good business and making MORE money per job than they are.

There is a franchise that subs out all their work. $219 house washes. Seems to be very succesfull. Still takes me 2 and half hours to wash a house, sometimes more, those freakin gutters! gutters included. I'm matching his price, but I take longer, and include the gutters, with butal till I'm happy. Maybe I have higher quality at the same price? Gutters?

So you take longer to do the work, you make less money, and you don't have any work. And you still think you're the expert here? Heres a riddle for you...most companies on this forum can do decks and houses faster than the competition, charge more money per job, close more sales, and still maintain top of line quality.

A company south of me DOESNT include the gutters. Thats an upsell he said. WOW! Can you do that?

Obviously he CAN! Sounds like a good business model, make money on the upsell. Take a lesson from that and stop giving away free gutter cleaning.

Wel the lowballin co that must be knockin out 8 houses a day at $219, per subcontractor. Seems to be very succesfull. That is the future. Like it or not.

Wrong. The future is whatever you make it out to be. $219 will never be the future for the right demographics and the right company.

Since you referred to posts from 5+ years ago that may or may not been from me - I'm going to point out that those posts were from our EARLY days in business. You see, we didn't come on here saying we'd been washing for years and years and spit at the pros and their suggestions.

We hooked up with several obviously successful companies - Beth & Rod especially - and we LEARNED, we raised our standards, we READ and practiced and became as damn good as we are. We have mentored a number of companies now and have many colleagues and friends in this industry.

We actually LOVE having Charlie (Apex DeckSavers) in our sandbox as well since HE came hear, learned and is keeping that bar right where we like it!

I figure you have two choices here - either keep kicking sand back and get run off - or LISTEN and implement (hope that's not too big) some BUSINESS changes and become more successful. It's what this forum is about. If you've gone back so far and read so much you'll be able to tell how much better a LOT of people - and the industry as a whole - have gotten from coming to TGS.

Since you referred to posts from 5+ years ago that may or may not been from me - I'm going to point out that those posts were from our EARLY days in business. You see, we didn't come on here saying we'd been washing for years and years and spit at the pros and their suggestions.

We hooked up with several obviously successful companies - Beth & Rod especially - and we LEARNED, we raised our standards, we READ and practiced and became as damn good as we are. We have mentored a number of companies now and have many colleagues and friends in this industry.

We actually LOVE having Charlie (Apex DeckSavers) in our sandbox as well since HE came hear, learned and is keeping that bar right where we like it!

I figure you have two choices here - either keep kicking sand back and get run off - or LISTEN and implement (hope that's not too big) some BUSINESS changes and become more successful. It's what this forum is about. If you've gone back so far and read so much you'll be able to tell how much better a LOT of people - and the industry as a whole - have gotten from coming to TGS.

Ive taken the advice of yours and others. Reworded the website. I'm reading old threads. Doing everything You guys suggested. I have learned. I like the grime scene. Why I'm here every morning and evening. I know there is value here. I am rethinking my ethics on selling washes. Am I doing the gutters for free? I'd like to get more money.

Think I breathed in too much hydroxite today!!! Removed some mold in an enclosed area at my dads house end of day. Couldnt last 10 seconds in there after doing 2 walls. anyway! Im home and did a search in google. gutter cleaning maryland. found this!!!!

Gutter Cleaning Service for Townhomes at $50, for Single Family Homes $65.

(Insured) We also install Gutter Covers, Leaf Relief so you dont have to clean your gutters.

Read more: http://washingtondc.kijiji.com/c-Services-Repair-remodel-AFFORDABLE-GUTTER-CLEANING-W0QQAdIdZ113263207#ixzz0PQET31G6

Edited by gutterdog