Sign in to follow this  
gutterdog

way too funny today at work!!!

Question

This was way too funny not to share today. On way to house wash seen a competitors outdoor sign. Before I could stop Jeff, my helper almost 4 years, jumped out the truck ran up to the sign doin a flying side kick!!! lol!!! hehehe... anyway! the sign was on a solid steel post!!! fell back on his ass!!! kodak moment!!! musta been 3 feet in the ground. the sign didnt budge!! Jeff wrestled with that sign good 5 minuites! The sign was written on an old board with paint, and lots or runs in the paint. lol!!! It had to go!! This a new thread to share funny moment like this one!!! Hey I was protecting my area from an obviously uninsured gutter cleaner!!

143 answers to this question

You keep telling me to go to the archives? Spend 3-4 hours reading and looking for answers to questions I have.

When you or someone else could save me alot of time and just tell me.

(that says so much about your motives and willingness to not waste our time)

Your help.... " go to the archives of already answered questions"...pass.

(every member of this forum has done this. Most people don't like answering the same question over and over again)

Well Mike,

If you think you can learn the business in less than 3-4 hours of research then you are better than all of us. The book that Beth suggested is no different of an avenue, than my suggesting the search function.

YOU have to do the research yourself.

Why do you think it is fair to us if we just give you all the info you ever wanted in a few hours. It has taken us several years. Yet you want it instantly. With very little gratitude I'll add.

It would serve you better to actually do some reading on your own since you may be able to stay on one subject.

When you post here on TGS you tend to take everything off topic and in other directions other than your initial posting.

Sorry, am busy Monday.

Beth

REally!!! Thanks Beth!!!!!!! Hey!!!! I'm gonna be up your way monday to buy more chems. I'd love to meet you guys in person. If your not busy. Different when you've met someone! Ya know! I know Henry personally.

William for some reason my public service spirit only comes out when I see a pressure washing sign.

Actually it seems to be just one co that does it and they put them everywhere, it's a disgrace. The other co's that I've seen have been on customers property and I would NEVER touch them, those are legitimate as far as I'm concerned.

:cheers:

I'm slow to change... Change is scary. If I use some chemicals suggested to me by someone in here, that I dont even know... These are strong chems!

No one is going to intentionally lead you astray. That is what this site is all about. Trust is truly a thing that has to be earned. Take the advice that is given and do some more research, don't just take their word for it. You have to understand what you are using. Think of everyone here as a GPS they are going to give you direction but they will not take you there.

Anyway took the advice I got a week ago about my website. Alot of mean things were said about my website. I believe I was called a hick with a pressure washer... and other "nice" things.

These comments were not directed at you personally but rather to point out how you come across in your writing. Good to see that you made the changes to the site.

My current customers are the middle class or lower, I try to price accordingly.

This is where it all started. You are targeting the wrong demographic. I'll be willing to bet that the new site will help you acquire customers in the upper middle class. Have you raised any pricing to your repeat customers over the years?

The reason that posts end in good luck is that everyone truly want to see someone else succeed but they are not going to do the work for you. So in closing good luck.

You keep telling me to go to the archives? Spend 3-4 hours reading and looking for answers to questions I have. When you or someone else could save me alot of time and just tell me. Your help.... " go to the archives of already answered questions"...pass.

-Rod replying-

Fair enough, in regard to answering basic Frequently Asked Questions, I think I speak for the majority of those following this thread...pass.

What's the difference though? Reading someones responses or reading the archives? You still gotta read. Your attitude tells me you just don't want to put the energy into formulating your own questions and finding the answers. That sir, is what I call lazy!

Why should anyone save you...time? What time are you saving them?

Granted, in your world of gutters you have done your share and probably learned quite a bit and have been through some interesting experiences.

Now you are wading into the world of pressure washing and wanting others to just hand over what it took them years to learn and develop without any respect for their contributions here on this board.

We (members of this industry) have imbued this board with a vast amount of information and have had numerous other members conduct searches and then if any clarification is needed, they post here.

Meanwhile, the members here are networking and trying to improve on what they have and are creating higher standards in the process for their clients to benefit from. They did their homework and now can show their efforts and earn a reputation as a result. From what I can tell, you are not there yet sir.

Sir, you allowed an employee to commit vandalism and while not openly condoning his actions, you did nothing to stop him either which makes you an accomplice. Not a very good reputation to start with among those who have already spoken their minds about this and you feel justified in telling them to save you some time? You need to take some time and invest it in yourself. Use the search feature!

Personally, I have viewed your website and while the basis of it is fine, the work you have displayed on decks does not pass our standards. We criticize or laud each others work so don't get defensive or else you will not learn a thing...anywhere.

What you have posted here so far is a demonstration that you have a long way to go in learning respect and earning it in return. Change can be a blessing or a dark alley one fears to go into. It all depends on how you decide to look at it.

Make fun all you want of the information we point you to for research and reading material. It WILL help if you read it and search the archives for it, you are standing in your own way if you don't.

Balls in your court and always has been.

Rod!~

ps, its sunday and I just spent an hour formulating an appropriate response to your postings, should I send you the bill? :lgkeyboar

Hey Rod! Hope I havent pissed you and everyone else off too bad. going through the archives this morning. Search kinda sucks. Have to wait when there is nothing found to enter different keywords. I have a roof comming up. I've been using shingle shield.In the archives, Back in 2006 found some answers to a different way to wash roofs. Think I understand everything except tsp? I searched tsp and cant find any answers as to what it is. I've taken yours and everyones advice and gone through the old threads. Done search on tsp, nothing. This is what you have told me to do. Now I have. I was told to do homework in the old threads first then ask questions if answer wasnt found there. now I have. What is tsp. Please.

Hey Rod! Hope I havent pissed you and everyone else off too bad. QUOTE]

The above quote sums up the attitude of this guy. Lance incarnate.

Beth is showing a great deal of restraint w/gutterdog.

Edited by Douglas Hicks

No one is going to intentionally lead you astray. That is what this site is all about. Trust is truly a thing that has to be earned. Take the advice that is given and do some more research, don't just take their word for it. You have to understand what you are using. Think of everyone here as a GPS they are going to give you direction but they will not take you there.

These comments were not directed at you personally but rather to point out how you come across in your writing. Good to see that you made the changes to the site.

This is where it all started. You are targeting the wrong demographic. I'll be willing to bet that the new site will help you acquire customers in the upper middle class. Have you raised any pricing to your repeat customers over the years?

The reason that posts end in good luck is that everyone truly want to see someone else succeed but they are not going to do the work for you. So in closing good luck.

With repeat customers I acctually lower the price a little bit over time as a way to thank them. I have been targeting the wrong market. There the ones that call? How do you target a upper class market? I know! Go through the threads, lol!!! I'll do that first. One thing I have done is gone through the threads on roof cleaning. Cant find out what tsp is? I'm thinking about changing chems on roof cleaning. Oh came back to add that after the rewording of my site... I think you guys might have been right. Based on the calls I got this weekend! Gave the prices I'm used to giving. I'm going to gradually raise them slowly till they start to turn away. Thats how I found my prices in gutter cleaning. tsp? Its mixed with chlorine. Clorine has drastically improved my house wash!! Found out it can be used on roofs also. Makes alot of sense too since chlorine kills mold. Thats what is on the roof! Tsp?

Edited by gutterdog

Have a question. I did some further searches also after the link you gave me. Thanx! Found out about Roof cleaner QSE. It said that chlorine and tsp were bad and their product better and I can use the x-jet to apply! I love love love the x-jet! You can also apply from the gutter line also! I like that also! I understand every chemical co. says they better than everyone else, lol! In this forum and what i've read in older threads chlorine and tsp?

Just went out to shed. It seems I have to learn all these chemical names and I'm starting to pick them up!!!

What Im using now is sodium Hydroxide to clean roofs. sodium hydroxide, sodium hydrochloride? oxgen hydroxide? yada yada! All that sounded the same to me before. I prefered to just remember brand names instead of all the confusing chemical names.

I'm starting to know the difference now! I'll Be able To impress the customer with my better understanding of the chemical names! What they do, dont do, damage they can do etc...AND get the higher dollar because of my improved knowledge! The customers trust in knowing I'll do a fantastic job! I'll also be a better shopper of chems. Because I'm going to read the ingredients! You guys might not think that you have helped much. You have.

Why lower the price for repeat customers? My cost goes up each year, why should I foot the bill? If someone liked your work when you charged them 200 dollars, they will like your work at 210 dollars. Dont go down, you're shooting your future in the foot

LOL!!! Aint cuttin me no slack huh? this.. was .. a.. gutter.. cleaning.. sign. capish? You posted on that? Read the thread....

What are you talking about, this was not meant for you, if it was I would have quoted you. Capish(sic).

Might not want to use sodium hydroxide for roofs or any other part of the house.

What I'm understanding in here is sodium hydroxide was suggested to break up the asphault on the concrete (diff thread). Shingles and asphault are oil based? (or somewhat made of the same materials) I dont want to dissolve the shingle. Not disagreeing with you Rick. Not one bit. Sodium hydrochloride kill mold and thats whats on the roof. Suggestions on older threads (as far back as '06) suggest tsp and sodium hydrochloride, if I remember right. In searches in google, keywords roof cleaning. One site said not to use tsp and bleach.:banghead: LOL!!!

hehehe!!!

I read a thread I cant find, The contractor said something like "if the customer seen how easy it was to clean the roof..." Think he used a water hose to rinse too? THATS WHAT I WANT! lol

Sodium hydrochloride kill mold and thats whats on the roof.

That is Sodium Hypochlorite not hydrochloride, that is a different chemical. Check out the Asphalt Roofing Manufacturers Association. They have a bulletin on what to use to clean shingles.

That is NOT mold on the shingles it is algae.

You need to do more research on this. This will take a separate tank and dedicated pump and sprayers. You WILL kill landscaping if not careful. Downstreaming or xjet will not work as it dilutes the chemical too much.

Thanks everyone! Thanks for talkin in the ridles you do. I'm geting past that now. And... I'm gonna just talk in ridles like you guys do. I went back to 03 or 04 in threads. Some of you guys knockin me were just as dumbfounded as i am now. AND commin at me like you some kinda God now. Well once you were like me. I know that now. LOL!!!! Never forget where you came from. Cause you might end up back there. Show the same humility you were given. I read it! Now that you are smarter than me you all that! Couple of years ago you wasnt. In here asking the same questions I'm askin now.

Newer guys than me reading this. Believe half what you hear. Go out there and figure it out for yourself like I did today. Aint noone going to tell you the whole truth. and they may mess with ya. Aint their insurance. Go through the threads. Get the history. Not neccisarily the history of how to apply a chem... other stuff.

You will understand. Go through all the old stuff. hehehe

I got to go to the other thread now. Someone stole my sign. acctually I traded it. seems someone scared of me, lol!!!

That is Sodium Hypochlorite not hydrochloride, that is a different chemical. Check out the Asphalt Roofing Manufacturers Association. They have a bulletin on what to use to clean shingles.

That is NOT mold on the shingles it is algae.

You need to do more research on this. This will take a separate tank and dedicated pump and sprayers. You WILL kill landscaping if not careful. Downstreaming or xjet will not work as it dilutes the chemical too much.

Mold algae. Its all organic. Are you a reserve spellin police in here?

yea I got that. figured that out today. The front of my guinee pig tryin something different tomorow. Your riddles did help. So dont get me wrong. I do appriciate them.

Was awesome today watchin the shingles change color in front of my eyes like the rakes and gutters before!!!!! Just not as fast as I'd like. I'm alot saltier than yall think I am.

I lowered myself lookin for help. Yall crapped on me like I was some fly by nighter. Every single one of you was where I was.

I talk in riddles too. I'm gonna beat you and get it done better quicker and cheaper.

GUTTERDOGS!!!!

PS. Came back to say this. Didnt have to be this way. But it is. I have loyalties. Those I hold tight.

And who scared of my website and knarked me out? Who scared of me? ***** what I'm talkin bout? I took it off and I'm deletin my membership with them. ...Beth?

Edited by gutterdog

There is no way anyone like this can still be in business, this must me a joke.

You got a lil some thin on ya nose buddie! can I get that for ya? Kiss butt all you want friend. It wont get you nuthin. Go out there and figure it out yourself man. or maam.

Edited by gutterdog

Hit me up from my website and I wont steer you wrong or talk riddles. Here another story. I'll tell you exactly how I do it. What I've figured out from the ridles from experience. just got off phone from guy in SC. he talked in riddles. either he aint got it figured out or he aint sharing.

He talked in riddles. Forget riddles. If anyone needs help and you aint my competition. Hit me up. I'll bring you up to speed with me.

Wow, this is got to be one of the strangest things I have ever seen. Some one tries to help you so you don't get hurt. Chloride and chlorine are not the same thing. People here have helped you get your website up from 3 grade reading level to about 6 grade level. You have learned from here, yet, in your broken English and poor spelling you rant and rave about riddles. Surely you are someone just playing on the web. I find it hard to believe that you run a business. If I am wrong I apologize, I just don't see it.

I saw this guy for the first when posting how expensive we all were with our gutter cleaning pricing - so I did some research and found this thread as well...He is just like I suspected he would be.

Michael - your logic for raising pricing is ridiculous - you make grammatic errors comparable to 1st graders - why would anyone respect you to pay you good money?

If you aren't a bottom-feeder, nobody is. Folks in D.C. have loads of money, your pricing is a disgrace.