Sign in to follow this  
gutterdog

way too funny today at work!!!

Question

This was way too funny not to share today. On way to house wash seen a competitors outdoor sign. Before I could stop Jeff, my helper almost 4 years, jumped out the truck ran up to the sign doin a flying side kick!!! lol!!! hehehe... anyway! the sign was on a solid steel post!!! fell back on his ass!!! kodak moment!!! musta been 3 feet in the ground. the sign didnt budge!! Jeff wrestled with that sign good 5 minuites! The sign was written on an old board with paint, and lots or runs in the paint. lol!!! It had to go!! This a new thread to share funny moment like this one!!! Hey I was protecting my area from an obviously uninsured gutter cleaner!!

143 answers to this question

I don't care whose it was, that was a really LOUSY, IMMATURE, and UNPROFESSIONAL thing to do. You call yourself professional? You condone an employee acting that way to other people's property? I hope whomever owns the sign reads the forums and knows who to send the bill to!

As for the uninsured remark, how do you know?

Beth

Edited by Beth n Rod
spelling

This was way too funny not to share today. On way to house wash seen a competitors outdoor sign. Before I could stop Jeff, my helper almost 4 years, jumped out the truck ran up to the sign doin a flying side kick!!! lol!!! hehehe... anyway! the sign was on a solid steel post!!! fell back on his ass!!! kodak moment!!! musta been 3 feet in the ground. the sign didnt budge!! Jeff wrestled with that sign good 5 minuites! The sign was written on an old board with paint, and lots or runs in the paint. lol!!! It had to go!! This a new thread to share funny moment like this one!!! Hey I was protecting my area from an obviously uninsured gutter cleaner!!

It's not even my sign and I'm pissed. You expect other Maryland companies to be helpful to you after that?

Beth

It's not even my sign and I'm pissed. You expect other Maryland companies to be helpful to you after that?

Beth

We have tried Beth but it does not seem to be working. That could be considered vandalisim or at the worst theft if you took it. That is very unprofessional. I don't think that this will stop with just Maryland companies.

I cant believe you didnt fire him on the spot, you even supported his actions. Ive fired guys for swearing too much on the site, your people and your actions are your advertisement. Right now you are advertising your immaturity. Anyone can get insurance, not everyone can be professional.

Destruction of personal property - I do believe that is a a CRIMINAL act, punishable by fine, incarceration or both (although maybe not in your state). Wow.

In Maryland? Yes. It is a crime.... Maryland Malicious Destruction Laws - MD Arson Penalties - Maryland Defense Lawyer

Malicious Destruction - Laws & Penalties

Under Maryland law if you willfully destroy, injure, or deface the property of another, you can be charged with this offense. The sentence you will face depends on the value of property damage.

If the value of property damage is less than $500, the charge is a misdemeanor and carries a potential 60 day jail sentence and $500 fine.

If the value is more than $500, the sentence is elevated to up to 3 years and fines of $2,500.

Keep in mind, the court can also require you to pay for the damage. This is called restitution and is not part of the fines ordered at sentencing.

Have a nice day.. :sunshine:

Beth

+1 on what everyone else said.

Mike we have been doing our best to help you with your questions and concerns.

Honestly, when you share stuff like this it makes us feel as if we wasted our investment in you and your company. What investment????? OUR TIME.

This is a board of professionals, who act professional. It may have been tacky to put up a road sign ( yard sign ) ad. Tearing it down on your employees part, risking injury on his part time ninja job, and you condoning it, is just wrong and even more tacky.

You NEED that competitor. Some people look for that type of contractor. They know he is a low baller or whatever and want to only pay the lowest rate.

He is pulling the weeds for you and taking the kind of customer you DON'T want.

I feel you owe all of us an apology for telling us this story. The worst part is that your customers have access to the (your) scripts here and can see everything you post about your behavior, practices, and abilities. If I was a potentiel customer of yours and found this info, it tells me to run as far away from you as possible and never hire your firm.

You have not been here long enough to know all of our personal mindsets, to know that we feel this is unprofessional. Which just shows the level of respect and thanks you are giving us for the time you have taken of ours.

I for one am going to approach the rest of post' with extreme caution.

I certainly don't want any of my potential customers seeing that I have "associations" with your firm.

Personally I would like to ask you to bring a bit higher level of respect to this board and it's members. please!!!!!

You may think it's funny but we don't. Your helper could have broken his back or snapped his spine etc.

Be, act, and live, professional. Bring it with you everywhere you go. Especially here.

Maybe you don't realize that this site CAN put money in your pocket via public view.

Only, of course, if you change the approach of your post'.

Some things you just have to keep to yourself.

This board is watching, Mike.

Gutterdog

You wounder why you have been getting heat for some of your post. THIS IS THE REASON WHY!! Man I would of fired him on the spot and had him call someone to come pick him up. He would of not got back into my company truck bc he was no long an employee

I don't care whose it was, that was a really LOUSY, IMMATURE, and UNPROFESSIONAL thing to do. You call yourself professional? You condone an employee acting that way to other people's property? I hope whomever owns the sign reads the forums and knows who to send the bill to!

As for the uninsured remark, how do you know?

Beth

Beth he used the back of some old board, and painted with a paint brush gutter cleaning and the phone number.Runs in the paint. No quality in his sign. How would the quality of his work be? And out door signs illegal in that county anyway, county comes round and pick them up. I may have saved him from getting fined also.... How bout all the signs i put out back in the day and were gone quickly? Its just a game thats played in my area. The property that it was on belonged to the county. Not him. The bill? Well he got the piece of wood from.... Heck i dunno side or road? the paint maybe some leftover in basement? Beth this is someone that if the homeowner hired them and they got hurt, they woulld go after homeowners insurance. A guy doing a lawnservice for one of my cusomers did the same. It was funny and I thought Id share it.

Beth he used the back of some old board, and painted with a paint brush gutter cleaning and the phone number.Runs in the paint. No quality in his sign. How would the quality of his work be? And out door signs illegal in that county anyway, county comes round and pick them up. I may have saved him from getting fined also.... The property that it was on belonged to the county. Not him. The bill? Well he got the piece of wood from.... Heck i dunno side or road? the paint maybe some leftover in basement? Beth this is someone that if the homeowner hired them and they got hurt, they woulld go after homeowners insurance. A guy doing a lawnservice for one of my cusomers did the same. It was funny and I thought Id share it. It was innapropriate, and I hope this forum can continue to help me improve. Hey the house came out great! Stayed with it till I was happy with it! Rakes had to be hit twice and the gutters one section i had to hit 4 times till I was happy with it. The back we had to set a ladder to be thourough with the siding cleaning. We did a gutter cleaning also there first and the gutters were punished with debri and clogged downspouts. One downspout I was almost to the point of giving up and taking it off the house and take apart to clean (no up charge), ... then it shot!!! Woo Hoo!!!! A clogged downspout shooting is a beutiful sound! The outside of the gutters were almost black. As always I did a little extra for the customer no xtra charge. He requested some extra cards and flyers to put out amongst his friends etc at his job! This is the 4th house on that street that ive washed this year! The guy accross the street came over and wants his house washed and his sons! So that makes 5 on one street this year when he calls back, and his son also in another county.

Edited by gutterdog

+1 on what everyone else said.

Mike we have been doing our best to help you with your questions and concerns.

Honestly, when you share stuff like this it makes us feel as if we wasted our investment in you and your company. What investment????? OUR TIME.

This is a board of professionals, who act professional. It may have been tacky to put up a road sign ( yard sign ) ad. Tearing it down on your employees part, risking injury on his part time ninja job, and you condoning it, is just wrong and even more tacky.

You NEED that competitor. Some people look for that type of contractor. They know he is a low baller or whatever and want to only pay the lowest rate.

He is pulling the weeds for you and taking the kind of customer you DON'T want.

I feel you owe all of us an apology for telling us this story. The worst part is that your customers have access to the (your) scripts here and can see everything you post about your behavior, practices, and abilities. If I was a potentiel customer of yours and found this info, it tells me to run as far away from you as possible and never hire your firm.

You have not been here long enough to know all of our personal mindsets, to know that we feel this is unprofessional. Which just shows the level of respect and thanks you are giving us for the time you have taken of ours.

I for one am going to approach the rest of post' with extreme caution.

I certainly don't want any of my potential customers seeing that I have "associations" with your firm.

Personally I would like to ask you to bring a bit higher level of respect to this board and it's members. please!!!!!

You may think it's funny but we don't. Your helper could have broken his back or snapped his spine etc.

Be, act, and live, professional. Bring it with you everywhere you go. Especially here.

Maybe you don't realize that this site CAN put money in your pocket via public view.

Only, of course, if you change the approach of your post'.

Some things you just have to keep to yourself.

This board is watching, Mike.

I did sink down a little low in the truck if anyone driving buy seen my truck. He made it funny! Why would a truck that looks as good as mine be worried about some sign like that? The county wouldve got it anyway. Luckily we didnt get caught. Wont happen again. I appologize and The advice I've gotten about my website working all day on today.

Edited by gutterdog

I did sink down a little low in the truck if anyone driving buy seen my truck.

Well, that just might be definative of the term " Sinking to a new low".

You posted that you have the best graphics on your truck. How could they have not "seen" you. Your truck is YOU.

Seriously,,,, Represent bro.

Live and learn.

Reflect and correct.

Show some respect for YOUR company.

Train your helper in more than waving a wand and making gutter dirt disappear. Train him in manners and respect. Get some for yourself as well.

The more that you and your company employees are "out there" operating. The business that you could have gained from this BBS is being driven to your competitors due to post' like this thread.

Well, that just might be definative of the term " Sinking to a new low".

You posted that you have the best graphics on your truck. How could they have not "seen" you. Your truck is YOU.

Seriously,,,, Represent bro.

Live and learn.

Reflect and correct.

Show some respect for YOUR company.

Train your helper in more than waving a wand and making gutter dirt disappear. Train him in manners and respect. Get some for yourself as well.

The more that you and your company employees are "out there" operating. The business that you could have gained from this BBS is being driven to your competitors due to post' like this thread.

I did redo the website today. took forever. I dont sound like a hick with a pressure washer anymore. I redid all the pages except the coupon page. I used photo bucket for the coupons. Photo bucket... that's another day! lol!!! Now that the website reads better... I feel like I have a breath of life again man. There is more to it than just that, between publishing and saving. there was a major hurldle I accomplished today! With the website. I did it!!! Flawless!!! all links work still! My quality is high. Gutter cleaning I'm the top!!! Shame I can't charge top prices cleaning gutters. I'll take the downspout off the house to clean it if have to, sometimes that happens. the debri is so compacted. Theres no snakin the downspout. Tried that. has to be taken apart. no up charge. With washing houses even if I have to use more chems than anticipated. No change in price... I stay with the house. The customer might not know better, but I do. Very fair to the customer, sometimes not so fair to me. This last house wasnt fair to me. The customer gonna strike up some more work for me at his job and sold the guy accross the street finaly! tried to get him last house I washed. Well bein that I'm back on his street.... That sold him!!!

I did redo the website today. took forever. I dont sound like a hick with a pressure washer anymore. I redid all the pages except the coupon page. I used photo bucket for the coupons. Photo bucket... that's another day! lol!!! Now that the website reads better... I feel like I have a breath of life again man. There is more to it than just that, between publishing and saving. there was a major hurldle I accomplished today! With the website. I did it!!! Flawless!!! all links work still! My quality is high. Gutter cleaning I'm the top!!! Shame I can't charge top prices cleaning gutters. I'll take the downspout off the house to clean it if have to, sometimes that happens. the debri is so compacted. Theres no snakin the downspout. Tried that. has to be taken apart. no up charge. With washing houses even if I have to use more chems than anticipated. No change in price... I stay with the house. The customer might not know better, but I do. Very fair to the customer, sometimes not so fair to me. This last house wasnt fair to me. The customer gonna strike up some more work for me at his job and sold the guy accross the street finaly! tried to get him last house I washed. Well bein that I'm back on his street.... That sold him!!!

Visualize my throwing in the towel folks.

Mike, how do you manage to hijack your own thread?

Edited by Adrian

Visualize my throwing in the towel foks.

Mike, how do you manage to hijack your own thread?

What does hijackin a thread mean? I'm new to all this? new to this forum. The things It's about. Just because I didn't fit in from the get go? By joining this group of washers I thought I would accomplish higher standards of operation. I told a customer of mine of 4-5 years that i would find the solution to her problem. Told her bout this new forum that I'm in!!!!! 2 replies. Both with lots of luck at the end.... Quality sells. word of mouth sells. I got that. And I got brand new companies under cuttin me. The customer doesnt know any better. They go with the lower priced guy. Most of the time. So I'm trying to figure out how to compete. Threads!!!! You guys talk about quality and this and that. customers readin this, yada yada yada!!! If a possable customer reading this. They dont care about threads or uppin ya webpage thingy. They want a good job at a fair price!!! I'm in the mixing bowl every day tryin to survive. We are not alike. You can not judge me till you spent one week in my shoes.

Edited by gutterdog

The fact you spent that much time making more excuses for your inappropriate action says more than enough about your character. Who gives you the right to patrol the town looking out for homeowners who may have hired someone you feel does lesser quality than you? What the heck goes on in your head that makes you think you are actually doing someone a favor by criminally destroying another company's sign?

It doesn't matter if he painted that sign with the blood of slaughtered children and he cleans gutters with gasoline and a match. Worry about your own self and your own business.

You're a joke Michael. Your employees are jokes. Your website is a joke. Your business is a joke. And your idea of ethics is the biggest joke of all. I hope you go broke. I hope your business fails (how you have any customers at all is shocking to me). Hows that for obnoxious?

Edited by bigchaz

The fact you spent that much time making more excuses for your inappropriate action says more than enough about your character. Who gives you the right to patrol the town looking out for homeowners who may have hired someone you feel does lesser quality than you? What the heck goes on in your head that makes you think you are actually doing someone a favor by criminally destroying another company's sign?

It doesn't matter if he painted that sign with the blood of slaughtered children and he cleans gutters with gasoline and a match. Worry about your own self and your own business.

You're a joke Michael. Your employees are jokes. Your website is a joke. Your business is a joke. And your idea of ethics is the biggest joke of all. I hope you go broke. I hope your business fails (how you have any customers at all is shocking to me). Hows that for obnoxious?

You are a joke too. Why did you post on this? why? hey you got a lil something there on your nose. can I get that for ya? I'm in the real world. For some reason I think you aint.

Nice post edit after you threatened to undercut anyone who tried to come to your area and do business.

To be honest I would thoroughly enjoy coming up to forestville md and opening a gutter company. 1)So that I could prove to you how wrong you are about everything and, 2) so I could watch your sorry behind get arrested once you get scared and inevitably start destroying my private property