Sign in to follow this  
gutterdog

way too funny today at work!!!

Question

This was way too funny not to share today. On way to house wash seen a competitors outdoor sign. Before I could stop Jeff, my helper almost 4 years, jumped out the truck ran up to the sign doin a flying side kick!!! lol!!! hehehe... anyway! the sign was on a solid steel post!!! fell back on his ass!!! kodak moment!!! musta been 3 feet in the ground. the sign didnt budge!! Jeff wrestled with that sign good 5 minuites! The sign was written on an old board with paint, and lots or runs in the paint. lol!!! It had to go!! This a new thread to share funny moment like this one!!! Hey I was protecting my area from an obviously uninsured gutter cleaner!!

143 answers to this question

To date you have learned nothing. And you are contributing nothing to the trade, except dishoner.

Beth, there have been others who contributed more and have been banned. If I had a vote, which I do not, I would vote to send him to ***.

He has not broken any rules....YET...

However I do agree with you.

Beth

To date you have learned nothing. And you are contributing nothing to the trade, except dishoner.

Beth, there have been others who contributed more and have been banned. If I had a vote, which I do not, I would vote to send him to ***.

That's a little harsh of a punishment. ;)

Keep banging it in my head guys. I HAVE changed some things. I HAVE learned. Got a phone call from a real nice fellow washer other day. (I've acctually goten a few phone calls, PM in here, and from my website.) I'm going to try his strategy in neighborhoods. In turn when his site is up, teach him what i've learned about SEO.

I think this thread is so popular, maybe, because I'm just saying it like it is. I thought I was a lil smart. Still think I am, but not as much as before. I'm NOT going to feel bad about myself, crawl up in a knot, and give up.

I'm also a guy you can pick on and feel superior. In many ways you are. Heck you have been in buisiness longer and GET the price!

Others come here to have a laugh. This is the water cooler right???

Hey guys... This has been comming on since after the spring debri cleanings were done. It was a GOOD spring too! Had a nice little egg in the bank!!!

How do I say this and you understand how positive I am about this?

I've just very recently understood the mistakes I have made over the years. The economy was booming. Anyone could make mistakes and live well.

In a hurried, what I thought was an educated decision. I Decided to try and match the lowballers best I could with the bills I had. In the area I was in. Median house price 350,000. (just learned all this today!)

I am making a decision, based on what it may cost to fix the damage to the truck, after the bottom caught on fire yesterday, Bills to keep a roof over my head etc. The mistake with the sponsored link advertising, wiped out my savings (the egg in the bank), The other truck repair and computer blue screening and had to buy another computer... but I managed to get back up a little and survive that just barely. Couldnt advertise anymore. worked on SEO. The mistake I realized, yesterday, about advertising in the WRONG demographic area.

I found out today that not too far from me there are counties where the median house price is about a million and a half dollars. Why didnt I advertise there? Didnt know. I Found a website today.That is how I learned all this.

This year I have learned what I wish I knew 5 years ago. I'd be sitting real pretty right now. Enjoying all thing you guys are! I sold and delivered beer for 16 years and did Gutterdogs on weekends for a half a year or so then went full time.

Temporarilly I'm joining some friends I know who have decided to go out of buisiness. Increasing my knowledge as much as possable for a couple of months. Earn the money to get the truck fixed by working for someone else in walking distance, or the bus. I have no vehicle. LOL! I'll keep a roof over my head and the internet!

Wish I knew about the demographic areas, the x-jet, chems I know now... all that before this year. What you guys been saying makes sense now about the lowballer mentality. In these neighborhoods Im in, it WAS the only way to go. Believe it or not! Since the recession Some customers choked on $79! The area I was in.

Gonna be nice working for someone else!!! It really will!!! If company goes out of business, It wouldnt be my fault!!!

As soon as the truck is back on the road. I'll be doing Gutterdogs on the weekends! Shopping at sunbrite again, seeing old friends and customers again!

Untill then working on SEO, and everything else. Just tell callers temporarily out of buisiness.

A whole lot smarter. A new begining! A whole new GUTERDOGS!!!

Comming, in a couple of months, to a theatre near you!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Mike, (GutterDog)

Your thread went from a, "a funny thing happened at work today", to "a not so funny thing, is happening now".

Good Luck in the future.

I hope the guy you are working for now, is in the line of work you want to make a career. That would just make sense to me. On the job training is hard to beat.

I'm a believer, we all learn from the people we least expect to learn something from. I have learnt from this thread. (which now should be desolved)

I will never leave home without a fire extinguisher, I wear eye protection more often and bungie cords are evil..lol

I suggest, getting a partner, one with sales experience and a truck.

That way, you won't be stressed with sales and always have a backup truck.

I'm just starting, but I've been planning for over a year, I can't wait to be too busy to read these novels, I mean long threads.

Take care,

Sam

ps. keep spellcheck.net on your "favorites" list and your mind out of the gutter...lol

Edited by CedarSam

Mike, (GutterDog)

Your thread went from a, "a funny thing happened at work today", to "a not so funny thing, is happening now".

Good Luck in the future.

I hope the guy you are working for now, is in the line of work you want to make a career. That would just make sense to me. On the job training is hard to beat.

I'm a believer, we all learn from the people we least expect to learn something from. I have learnt from this thread. (which now should be desolved)

I will never leave home without a fire extinguisher, I wear eye protection more often and bungie cords are evil..lol

I suggest, getting a partner, one with sales experience and a truck.

That way, you won't be stressed with sales and always have a backup truck.

I'm just starting, but I've been planning for over a year, I can't wait to be too busy to read these novels, I mean long threads.

Take care,

Sam

ps. keep spellcheck.net on your "favorites" list and your mind out of the gutter...lol

Hey Sam! I think alot of people could learn from this thread! What NOT to do!! LOL!! hehehe. Dont do it the hard way and find out for youself!! Read this thread! Learn all the mistakes I've made and shared in here!! Learn from my mistakes, and dont make them. Some are very costly!

I have this whole look on this situation. And Its very positive bro! Check this out! This is what I messaged to The school teacher in facebook!!!

mmmm!!! I like!! I worded a new flyer with you 3rd party Idea!!!Last night.

Funny thing happened yesterday. This one I cant recover from like I have been able to in the past. I had a nice lil egg in the bank. Awesome spring this year! Tried some new advertising... cost almost 3,000 in 2 months. Didnt come close to paying for itself. Wiped out everything in the bank. LOL!!Was down in st marys yesterday right down street from your old th. Repeat customer going to. The bottom of the truck caught on fire, lol!!! Me and Jeff kept the fire under control till the fire truck showed up. Now I have no truck, and tags off of camaro!! LOL!!

I'm going to keep the website up and work some more on SEO. Go to work for some one else for a while. Gonna be hard with no work history last 5 years.

GUTTERDOGS will be comming, in a couple of months, to a theatre near you!

Found out today that certain demographic areas, the median home price is 1,500,000!! I'm going to make a push, or campaign, in those areas. I been cat fightin with the lowballers in so md. and pg. To no avail. Price I've been charging to compete has put me in this financial position.

Once the truck is back on the road, I'll be doing Gutterdogs on the weekend. Way smarter than 5 years ago!

Still have my class A drivers license!! Paid the xtra to renew it. Kept it just in case of this! Many places around here I could walk or ride a bike to!! that has tractor trailer drivers.

Not worried 1 bit!

Heck, with the equpment I have now, and know how, work for some one else durring the week and wash a few houses on the weekend, in the high dollar demographic areas I know of now! and make $800-$1000? More than what I made the whole week!

This is acctually better Sam!! Medical, Dental, No scraping by in the winter delivering telephone books for pennies, lol!!! Child suport taken out, Never getting behind on that! WOO HOO!!! This is the way I'm going!!!

Came back to add this! I tried the "get you mind out of the gutter" slogan, or was it get your mind in the gutter?! Thought it was the shiznit of slogans!!! It hurt business. Bought new biz card!! Everything had it!!!! It hurt business for about 2 months! LOL hehehe...

Edited by gutterdog

I think this thread is so popular, maybe, because I'm just saying it like it is.

LIKE IT IS FOR YOU, NOT US.

I thought I was a lil smart. Still think I am, but not as much as before.

We feel exactly the same way.

I'm NOT going to feel bad about myself, crawl up in a knot, and give up.

You are your biggest obsticle.

I'm also a guy you can pick on and feel superior.

Really, thanks for slapping everybody here in the face with that statement.

QUOTE]

I think this thread is so popular, maybe, because I'm just saying it like it is.

LIKE IT IS FOR YOU, NOT US.

I thought I was a lil smart. Still think I am, but not as much as before.

We feel exactly the same way.

I'm NOT going to feel bad about myself, crawl up in a knot, and give up.

You are your biggest obsticle.

I'm also a guy you can pick on and feel superior.

Really, thanks for slapping everybody here in the face with that statement.

QUOTE]

Thats just not fair Adrian, but what the heck!:)

Edited by gutterdog

A thread should be started... How did you survive the recession. Did you survive? What changes did you make to win the recession? Think I'll do it. The most help people need now. Smaller companies like me... New companies...

Its been sugested to me to leave this forum way before it got ugly. What is happening is what I got told would happen.

This forum needs a kick in the butt! It has gotten too comfortable in here.

This website has forgotten why it was started. That is if there was love, and a belief, a vision. I think there was that. How could it last so long! I found this one first! I assume this is the #1 forum for guys, that do what we do.

There is something here. Something good. I get it from the guys that comment, what I read in the old threads. There is something here. Something good.

Its so competitive now, nobody sharing too many secrets. Way friendlier to each other back in the old threads. Wish I was there then instead of now.

Edited by gutterdog

A thread should be started... How did you survive the recession. Did you survive? What changes did you make to win the recession? Think I'll do it. The most help people need now. Smaller companies like me... New companies...

Its been sugested to me to leave this forum way before it got ugly. What is happening is what I got told would happen.

This forum needs a kick in the butt! It has gotten too comfortable in here.

This website has forgotten why it was started. That is if there was love, and a belief, a vision. I think there was that. How could it last so long! I found this one first! I assume this is the #1 forum for guys, that do what we do.

There is something here. Something good. I get it from the guys that comment, what I read in the old threads. There is something here. Something good.

Its so competitive now, nobody sharing too many secrets. Way friendlier to each other back in the old threads. Wish I was there then instead of now.

Knock yourself out. :)

Beth

I posted the new thread. Celeste and Beth! Yall some characters!! I mean that in a good way now!! I made alot of stupid mistakes!!! I sure did!! LOL!!! Oh well... Pick up the pieces and start over!

One of the goals of mine. Was to touch and be noticed by the biggest companies, 'round here!

I accomplished that. I did it. I have nuthing but good memories. And I Cant Wait to get started again! I got all this stuff in my shed!!! The graphics on the truck. All this money in chems goin bad.

I'm going to make some money with my sisters truck!hehehe

Edited by gutterdog