Sign in to follow this  
James

Frost

Question

Well it's here the first frost of the season ! It was cold yesterday and windy. The wind has been brutal here for 3 weeks with no let up. It's usually mild on the ocean in Fall? Re doing the Grey house in Cleaner Times. After four years the stain held up awesome! Only had to do a bleaching and a rinse. The sides not facing the water do not need to be done !! I am putting a coat on them however !

The worst thing I have ever done is widening the gaps between the mahognay deck boards. What a CHALLENGE but a huge difference. It's terrible to do, it blows, my needs hurt, my finger hurts, my ears hurt even though I have protection. Saw dust for lunch !!!

9 answers to this question

Its been raining for a week in Vermont. Its stops for a few hours, so things can start to dry, then starts again. Everything we need to finish is on the west side of every house, and there is snow on top of the mountains. Not good.

Ya I know it was like 57 degrees this morning Brrrrrrrrrrr LOL

It warmed up to about 79, winter is almost here, NOT

Jeff,

Thanks. Real nice. We're friggin' freezing up here, hoping that wood will dry out and you're basking in late spring weather.

So be it. Vinyl, stucco, and concrete will never hold a candle to the satisfaction of restoring wood!

Temps are low 60's but water is 69 degrees, but due to a barge spill in the inlet below Atlantic City NJ all I smell is diesel oil. No fishing or beach this weekend wind from NE blowing the oil up on our dunes.

Jeff,

Thanks. Real nice. We're friggin' freezing up here, hoping that wood will dry out and you're basking in late spring weather.

So be it. Vinyl, stucco, and concrete will never hold a candle to the satisfaction of restoring wood!

80 here today. Vinyl and concrete may not hold a candle, but we cash checks all through the winter here.:)

Were closing up here in Massachusetts too. Got a few more to do before we call it quits and get ready for snowplowing. However I did get a call this morning for a real big roof job. Maybe just one more.

Turned on the house heat this morning for the first time this year. 59 degrees is too cold to wake up to.