Sign in to follow this  
Jim Gamble

I am talking a straight shot from 2001 to 2010. Tell us how you started professional

How many Years have you been Pressure washing FULL TIME  

27 members have voted

1. 1. How many Years have you been Pressure washing FULL TIME

• 20+ Years of Continuous Service
    • 18 Years of Continuous Service
    • 14 Years of Continuous Service
    • 12 Years of Continuous Service
    • 9 Years of Continuous Service
    • 6 Years of Continuous Service
    • Less Than 6 Years of Continuous Service

Just Check off 20 Beth, you have been to Cali. Get some plastic surgery, no one is Cali is real, they are all trying to be someone else. (FAKES)

Just kidding guys from Cali's its just guys close to Sanfran....

Dude, I know you and I know you mean no harm, but you never tell a lady to get plastic surgery....that's just insulting. :lol: But I know you didn't mean it, I know you were just describing California life.... :lol:

But seriously, why pretend to be something you aren't? I'll be proud about 20 years when we get there. Today I am proud of 11. Woohoo!

Beth

Lets make a correction, Jim is only a mortgage Broker partime (licensed so now one gets crazy). He pressure washes only a 120 days a year.

I didnt want any false statements or anything untruthful, please correct me if I have my info wrong.

I believe you are right, I am post a copy of the latest pm I recieved from Jim saying he is at home 220 days a year so your figures would be correct.

This is from Jim to me:

You see, you have brought this on your self. If I catch you in a lie or mis information, then I am attacking, but when you do it, which is every week, I supposed to take it, why? because you are Russ Spence and you are the ADMIN.

I don't care how much money you make, or the bribes you give to your followers by giving them scraps from your table (work that you don't want).

I know that you work hard... VERY hard. It must be sad to be away from your family so long. I have the luxury of being home by choice over 220 days a year. My goal is to make 7 figures this year, though I maybe short. So many people talk behind your back, you would be surprised who they are. People do not like your attitude. They may comment about your anger on the BBS, but they are laughing about you on the phones.

But the one thing they do not want to see is for us to be friends. You see, I am not competing against you on the boards, but I do now my stuff about garage cleaning, marketing and sales. The day you realize that the better the boards would be.

Just remember, I did not ban you, nor take away your forum with no reason other than you felt like it. ( Still have the email ). You started this, not I. The day you correct the wrong that you did, the better both of us will be.

He doesn't realize how little it would have taken to be reinstated to ***. If he only knew that without all that phone and PM drama he would have been back on *** within a couple of months would it have changed things?

I'm still waiting to hear from the guys who are always calling Jim in his defense. I was a defender of Jim too for a long time until it was clear to me that there was going to be no change in his attitude towards anyone he thinks wronged him. One of you are looking at this thread right now. I see you at the bottom of the page.

If you really want to help Jim you need to help him get away from the obsession he has with Russ and Scott and try to point him in a more positive direction. It probably won't work though.

I guess I'm one of those at the bottom of the page.

So here's the deal I have talked to jim maybe 7-10 times ( seems like a nice guy) and might have mentioned a couple of time maybe he should alter/remove stuff based on the firestorm that coming back at him.

Trust me when I say being banned from any bbs is not a big deal ( you can still get thru life) But being Banned and have everyone talk about you (or be the butt of jokes) and not be able to respond is devestating.

(speaking from experience 3 lifetime bans on a bbs forum.)

...more to come still typing

Edited by dollarspa
added a word left makes me look dumb,,,,, from this"I guess I'm of those" to this "I guess I'm one of those"

David, I'm with you. Banning is not the end of the world unless you make it that important. You and I have both been banned plenty.

This whole thing makes me sick. Jim is a good guy in so many ways, but his little mean streak and the obsession with being accepted as an expert on garage cleaning has made him act in ways that I bet would have been inconceivable to him 5 years ago.

That obsession is the cause of 90% of his failure to communicate effectively. I like Jim. I hate to see this happen to him, but polls like this are obvious digs at Russ and Scott. Anyone who has talked to Jim in the past 2 months should be able to recognize it.

I remember a couple of years ago I talked to bob at pt state about a problem I was having on his board. He basically said "sometimes you just need to walk away from the bbs."

I couldnt figure out why it bothered me.

I've come to the conclusion ..Its a learning curve.

Tony sometimes it okay to dislike someone.....(for whatever/good reason ). If everybody has to like everyone here.... I will buy you a Bus ticket to georgia. (770-474-55**)

and you can buy me a bus ticket to about 7 other states (starting with the carolinas.)

Edit: this is not a attack on Tony or a defensive of Jim .Its Just a explaination.

Edited by dollarspa

David, There are plenty of people you and I have personality conflicts with and we "don't like" them. It's inevitable.

But if you or I started digging into their taxes, criminal records, searching the internet for any errant word they may have said that would make me OBSESSED. There's a difference between a healthy personality conflict and an obsession.

David, I didn't know anything about your hurricane situation till someone OBSESSED with you brought it up. I'm glad I found it now because after the laundry is all dry, it looks like you have been doing the best you can in a bad situation.

Russ and Scott are not taking money from contractors under false pretenses or to forward their own agendas. They are minding their own business, doing what they can to help other contractors free of charge and are not claiming to be the "voice" of the industry.

Therefore, their own business is their own business. Hours do not need to be spent on the phone harping about their level of their experience. Tricky, contrived polls don't need to be posted to try to "trap" someone into a lie about their own personal business.

Some people don't like Jim. Some people don't like Russ. Some people don't like Scott. I like all three of them. They are my brothers in the industry. There's no need for this mess.

Please feel free to ask any of them and they will tell you that the way I post is exactly what I say on the phone. David, thanks for stepping up. You're another guy who seems to be consistent on the phone and on the web and even though you and I may make a lot of enemies that way at least we can sleep well knowing we're not fakes.

Wait, someone doesn't like me? Dang, I must be losing my charm.

For what it is worth, it is not that I don't like Jim. People that talk to me know how open I am about things. The problem is that I cannot trust him. He has repeatedly proved he cannot be trusted in too many ways for me to feel comfortable with talking to him about any issues, but especially busin

ess issues. As far as garage cleaning, we have different methods. My customers are thrilled with what I do, and I know most of Jims are satisfied. (for what it is worth, I have basis for stating it that way.)

:taz:... wetfoot, russ, scott... :taz:

Bradley (wetfoot) is really not a bad guy either we are just all over each other in Alabama and Georgia, I go over to his area and he come to mine but its healthy for business!

In 1983 I worked at Stauffer Chemical on a 30ft platform shooting about 100 gpm at a dirt pile making mud (reclaiming phosphates).

There was nothing like blasting away with ultimate power. It was at that point I knew I would eventually be a pressure washer or a p*rn star. :)

Me, I am guilty. I am old like Scott and have been at it for 33 years. Many of those years on less then 5 hours sleep per night, and too many of 2 hours or less. That would be a good poll, "How many hours of sleep per night/day. " That and "How many hours per day/week do you put in at your business"