Sign in to follow this  
Rick2

Deckster

Question

Thats't it, I'm ordering one tonight. The deck I finished today came out very nice but putting down these chemicals by hand and having the pump sprayer clog is all over.

39 answers to this question

I have two of them and Ive rebuilt the pumps a couple of times..but we've been using them for years and we spray all the time. Big time money makers. You'll be shocked how great they are and your going to say why oh why Didn't I buy one of these years ago. Big time money maker!!

I tried to buy it right after I posted that message but something is wrong with the site, will not take the credit card. I'm sure it's going to be a nice machine but 850 dollars seems pretty steep.

I tried to buy it right after I posted that message but something is wrong with the site, will not take the credit card. I'm sure it's going to be a nice machine but 850 dollars seems pretty steep.

Do it. And get the deep cell battery I think its extra but worth it. I may even pick up a third deckster as a backup, they really do work well.

Rick also look for someone selling a used one. I bought my second one from a Guy named Ray Johnson who bought one of Everett Abrams Franchises that didn't work out to well for him. His was used at most a couple of times and I paid for it with the hose attachments $300. Also I know this doesnt help you now but Pete and Tracy from Sunbrite tends to sell them a little bit cheaper at a Convention or maybe even a RT. A convention years ago I bought the first one. Either way you have to get one. They will make your money back in no time at all. Before then I would use an Airless sprayer and shoot the stain with 2700psi spray that damn near injected my skin a couple of times.

So here's a piece of advice that will jump start your cash flow---GET THE SPRAYER!!!

As for that Titan Airless sprayer I gave it away free after many years of use. I gave it to a guy that I see at all of Tom Vogles Roundtables and for a year I said I would give it to him for free including the 100' of hose and the hose real thats attached to the sprayer. This cost almost a $1000 ten years ago with the extra guns(They cost over $100) This guy loves the airless and I love the Deckster...

We may be doing a job coming up with the two decksters that will net me around $20,000+ a week and thats net. If this job goes thru which is in Corporates hands right now I will do a break down of this job on the net and how you can make this type money. The difference here is this company that makes the stone says you have to use a pump up sprayer and even though there cement making business is huge here and there on there fourth generation family owning it they never heard of the deckster. So once again GET THE DECKSTER....

As an alternative to the Deckster, you may also want to check out the deck rig that Scott Paul (the pro sealer store ) sells on his site. Its made with a 2gpm delevan and about 25' of hose with some other goodies, or get Bob to custom make one for you with the battery boxes and extra hose.

We have found that using a decker 5'er for chems only is better than trying to use it as an all purpose sprayer.

When the seals go, sealant leaking on the grass is just a big time waster to clean up...not to mention liability for sod most times.

With just chems, we can dilute and neutralize and not have any problems.

Instead, we use a couple of Titan sprayers for application of stain(s). Less waste cause the droplets are smaller and you can get different sized tips to adjust for your spray pattern.

Food for thought.

Rod!~

I'm sure yall already do this but always make sure to set the stain sprayer (whatever brand you use) on a canvas tarp folded over one or two times. Helps when mixing in case something spills over or if something were to start leaking with your sprayer

the disadvantage of Scotts sprayer-which I use- is that it is badly unbalanced without the pail on the front. the battery tends to tip it backwards. Also, it comes with black rubber hose that will leave marks on a hot day. I use mine mostly for my paver sealer, but have used caustics and acids, rinsed then put stain through it and after almost a year it just started leaking. As with any delevan or sure flow set up, you keep a spare on hand.

Thats't it, I'm ordering one tonight. The deck I finished today came out very nice but putting down these chemicals by hand and having the pump sprayer clog is all over.

Rick,

Give Tom Vogel of ACR a call Monday morning. He often has used Deckster/Decker 5'er (s) for sale.

Equipment & Supplies - Ready Seal

Rick check out the Magnum 500. Free shipping.

I'm leaning in this direction for my next one.

Not much difference between the two and cheaper.

Unless you find a used one somewhere.

Thanks for the tip, this looks pretty good! Not much difference from the the Deckster aside from the shorter hose.

Do it. And get the deep cell battery I think its extra but worth it. I may even pick up a third deckster as a backup, they really do work well.

You can probably find one in a pawn shop around NC - ours was stolen >:-{

just bought mine 2 mins ago. BOO YAH! Just landed that big 2-tone deck job. BOO YAH! Landed a nice 3 month old AC2 deck job as well, it should be nice just washing a deck and not stripping the finish.

P.S. coffee gets you jacked! WOOOOHOOOOOOOOOO

I guess you could make one yourself and save a couple bucks (if you have the time). I'd rather just buy one already built... it's all tax write offs anyways.

What is the benefit of a pre made unit vs a diy sureflow type of setup? I am getting some calls for resealing, and I want to be ready.

Isaac,

The Deckster or Decker 5'er units use a Pumptec pump, a different design from Shurflo or Delavan. It is a continuous flow type and the pressure can be adjusted, as opposed to an on demand, start and stop operation. This design is ideal for spraying exterior stains, as the pump continuously mixes your stain and spray pattern and flow amount at the gun is easily adjusted.