Sign in to follow this  
CCPC

Anyone in Texas know this website thief?

Question

19 answers to this question

Wow! Look how brazenly this guy stole my entire website, layout, text, graphics, some pics, etc.

www.kingwoodpressurewashing.com

My site www.ccpressureclean.com

Lance I'm right here in Kingwood TX. Let me know if I can help you. That is unbelievable. Funny thing is I was checking out his site last night and though it was a great looking site. Now I know why. IT"S YOURS, NOT HIS.

Lance I'm right here in Kingwood TX. Let me know if I can help you. That is unbelievable. Funny thing is I was checking out his site last night and though it was a great looking site. Now I know why. IT"S YOURS, NOT HIS.

No you're not, you are based in Porter Tx.

I've submitted a copyright claim to godaddy. I actually called the guy right after I discovered it. I asked him to pull the site down and he actually had the nerve to ask if he can keep it up for a few weeks until he can get another site put together. I told him absolutely not. I notice he has tried changing some things, but not even close to good enough.

I have people all the time take a paragraph here and there, but I've never seen anybody rip off an entire website like this. Needless to say I was livid when I discovered it.

I know most of you know about sites like copyscape.com but for those that don't you can scan a handful of pages for free once a month to check and see if someone has stolen your property. I usually check my main pages about every two months.

On GP we have seen Mbryan's pictures show up worldwide. Sometimes people would call the offender and ask about the pictures. Often the story was the web designer made the whole site and the designer was responsible for the use of the pictures. Sometimes the offender took the pictures down and sometimes it took a few more calls to get changes made. Using pictures w/o permission is theft, nothing less. But to steal the whole design is blatent theft.

He's hosted with the GoDaddy.

You can email them "Cease & Desist Letter" or as some refer to as "DMCA notice" which will ultimately make hoster to take the site down.

It is a common letter and can be easily found on the internet.. Just in case you can't find it I attach it below...

Submit it either to :

Copyright Agent, Go Daddy,

14455 N. Hayden Road, Suite 219,

Scottsdale, AZ 85260

or email them to copyrightclaims@godaddy.com

-----------

DMCA TO HOSTER

To Whom It May Concern,

I am writing to you to avail myself of myrights under the Digital Millennium Copyright Act (DMCA). This letter is aNotice of Infringement as authorized in § 512© of the U.S. Copyright Law. Iwish to report an instance of what I feel in good faith is an instance orCopyright Infringement. The infringing material appears on the Service forwhich you are the designated agent.

You are registered with the U.S.Copyright Office as the Designated Service Provider Agent to receivenotifications of alleged Copyright infringement with respect to users of theService for which you are the Designated Agent.

1. The material which I contend belongsto me, and appears illegally on the Service is the following:

<<TITLES OF WORK>>

2. The material appears at the websiteaddresses:

<<ADDRESS OF INFRINGINGWORK>>

3. The material appears on my Web site atthese addresses:

<<ADDRESS OF ORIGINAL WORK>>

4. My contact information is as follows:

<<NAME, ADDRESS, PHONE NUMBER ANDEMAIL>>

5. I have a good faith belief that theuse of the material that appears on the service is not authorized by thecopyright owner, its agent, or by operation of law.

6. The information in this notice isaccurate, and I am either the copyright owner or I am authorized to act onbehalf of the copyright owner.

I declare under the perjury laws of theUnited States of America that this notification is true and correct.

Signed: <<YOUR NAME>>

HA... I emailed the SurfacePro guy and he responded back with this: :)

---------------------

NOTICE:

=====

We have been informed that you have infringed on our clients copyrighted material and copied content from SurfacePro to your site TimberSeal, LLC.

As per US and CANADIAN laws this is illegal activity. You must change content on your site or else we will be left with no option but to sue you for damages.

Sincerely,

James Sung

Attorney At Law.

----------------------

He has a picture of my employee Mike on there :) what a moron.

Edited by Greg R