Sign in to follow this  
Jim Gamble

So am I going through that Mid Life thing ....

Question

So I tell my wife, I WANT A NEW CAR. She says, you already have the Spyder what more do you want.......

I say for Christmas 2012 (not 2011) ....one of these...

So we have this..

OR we have that...

Or there is this also

OK So which one would you choose?

85 answers to this question

Personally I think money and toys are way over rated, some of you may think I'm nuts but it's what I believe. Don't get me wrong, I enjoy my home, floating around in the boat and taking a rip once in a while in the sports car but my real thrill comes from my family, restoring antique radios and my other job as a special education teacher. It's just my opinion. Here's a picture of a project I'm making for one of my blind students. It's an ultrasonic sensor that lets him know when he's too close to walls when walking so he doesn't walk into them. I made the first one with IR lasers but other lights would interfer with it like crazy. Ultrasound seems to be the most reliable but I'm having a bit of a time writing the source code to burn on an AT chip. Right now it will flash an LED on the board but I will have it in audio and a vibrater (taken from old shaving razors) as feedback. I love making projects for my kids. Opps, lost my train of thought. I still believe money and toys are over rated.

Great project, wonderful gift!!

Sounds like you need to find a better man. :)

Me? Not at all. But I have met many people in my lifetime and women do talk. What do you think we do when we go to any bathroom in a restaurant for 20 mins to powder our noses? Girl code. Some things don't get discussed around guys.

Beth

... We get childbirth, midlife (yours AND ours) AND menopause.

Sounds fair to me.

Beth

Have to agree with Beth. In many aspects, women get the short end of the stick. Certainly in American society, although their status and opportunities have improved greatly in the past 50 years.

I doubt if 1 in 100 heterosexual men would trade places and prefer to be a woman.

Me? Not at all. But I have met many people in my lifetime and women do talk. What do you think we do when we go to any bathroom in a restaurant for 20 mins to powder our noses? Girl code. Some things don't get discussed around guys.

Beth

I have 2 sisters and I couldn't believe the stuff I heard. I thought it was just my sisters.... Then along came that show "*** and the City".

Thanks Giving as the older I get it's starting to become my favorite Holiday. Sit around with Family, eat great food, drink good wine, Smoke a cigar with my brother I law.. And listen to the ladies talk smack..as we talk smack:)

Happy Thanksgiving.