Sign in to follow this  
John T

Who's still here on TGS from it first year in 2003?

Question

I remembered when Beth/Rod started TGS in Feb 2003(Ok I had to look up the month). A bunch of us who new Beth/Rod from other Internet sights came over here in Feb/03 as well. Who else is still here posting from the very first year of 03?

18 answers to this question

Hey John,

Best of the New Year to you and all. I joined up in April of 2003. Not sure how I found TGS, it may have been from another contractor or Tom & Barb of ACR.

It would be fun to read our first initial 20 posts or so. Kind of like going back in a time machine.

April 5, 2003. Prior to TGS, there was Delco's site, I think that may have been the first.

Doug,

Yup. That was the 1st and only site that I found prior to TGS that had any information on exterior wood restoration. Now ancient board design with no graphics, quotes or other bells and whistles. Did learn quite a bit from the Delco site.

... I found TGS after finding the deckguide.com site.

Shane,

Good catch, your memory is much sharper than mine. After Delco, Greg Rentschler's Deckguide site was next. Don't remember how long after that TGS was up and running.

Shane,

Good catch, your memory is much sharper than mine. After Delco, Greg Rentschler's Deckguide site was next. Don't remember how long after that TGS was up and running.

Wasn't that guys name Brian who ran the Deckguide? I'm lucky I remembered that site cause my memory is sure not like it used to be for sure!

Wasn't that guys name Brian who ran the Deckguide? I'm lucky I remembered that site cause my memory is sure not like it used to be for sure!

Shane,

I think Greg started and eventually sold the Deckguide site and other business entities to Brian Keating. Could certainly be wrong, my memory is shot. What did I eat for dinner last night?

Shane,

I think Greg started and eventually sold the Deckguide site and other business entities to Brian Keating. Could certainly be wrong, my memory is shot. What did I eat for dinner last night?

Bingo that's his name Keating for the life of me I couldn't think of it! Oh don't feel bad I'm getting in the same boat with the memory it's getting worse as time goes by!

Happy New Years to you buddy!

I cant beleive this board only started in 2003! When i found it in 2005 or 2006 it had so much info on it I would never have guessed it was only a couple years old!

I got so much info here that the first deck estimate i went on I landed because I knew so much more than the next guy.

WOW! Thanks again Beth and Rod.

... Happy New Years to you buddy!

Shane,

Don't worry, it only gets worse as time flies on!

Don't worry about a thing, 'cause every little thing gonna be all right.

-- Bob Marley

Hope I do have a few more "New Years" in me! Same to you and all members of TGS.

Edited by RPetry
addition

Delco was the first bulletin board I found as well. Deck guide by Greg I use to read all the wood info I can get but never posted there that often. TGS was a godsend that put it all together for me from the basics, to events, to orgs to getting to know the most valuable thing here for me which was to find like minded people business people that share similar business interest.

If I remember, the order was something like this:

Delco forum

Dan Flynn's forum (Marc M has it now I think)

Ron M.'s forum (he did alot of posting under a false name on Dan's forum before hand, and they had a falling out)

Deck Guide by Greg R., and then,

within about 3 months I think it was, TGS.

That's what I remember.....

Beth

That is the order I remember, too. You forgot Daves Board. Once the vbb boards came out, it was done.

Same order with Daves board as well. Scott wasn't it a black background with green writing?

Also does anyone remember Mike Hughes gutter source bulletin board? I gave him some interest free start up funds there which Mike being honorable gave it back 6 months later once the sight was running smoothly but Unfortunately it didn't last long...

And there was another one around then that was very shortly lived from I think his name was Rod from Lightening speed(this might be the wrong name cause I can never remember it) who came from Delco's bb.