Sign in to follow this  
NJWashingGuy

FREE Roof Cleaning Certifications?? Say it can't be so..........

I heard alot of people walked out of a recent RT that he spoke at when he took the mic and I hear that his departure from RCIA is an issue.

I talked to one guy that said he did...another person said more than one person did....I wasn't there so I'm not sure it was a lot.

As I suspected...

Everyone needs to hear the entire backstory behind his RCIA departure....

Ok so what's Billy Booze's story then? I never heard of him until it was announced he was running for a ***** BOD slot. I also heard that he had a few people confused at the VOLA RT about the *****'s Free memberships. That's the first time I heard that mentioned and to this day I still don't understand what exactly is that. Charlie Soden is here on TGS as is Chris Apple saying the ***** has over 300 members now. None of it is making sense.

Maybe we should start with Billy Booze. What's his story with the RCIA? Maybe once we hear that we can get a better understanding as to what he's doing with the ***** Certifications.

Oh one more thought before I call it a night.....In offering a pressure washing school, what happens when the market is saturated with pressure washers??? What happens to prices & profits?

they both go up if contractors are educated to do great work and charge appropriately, Eliminating hacks and lowballers will benifit the industry

All these one day schools and soft washing marketing propaganda drive prices down. I've seen it already with roof cleaning. Prices have gone down which drives house washing down. Had a talk about this yesterday with another contractor . Roofs are driving prices down its a fact. I've been cleaning roofs since 2000 in Ct . I'm starting to see the results of bad jobs becaused I fixed a couple last year done by others.

Get prepared for the onslaught of roof cleaners in your area and soft washing marketing propaganda!

I would like to know all of the committee's and who are the members (both BOD and non).

John,

From the way it looks there are only around 80 paid members. Not sure where the 300 is coming from. Maybe thats the amount of BBS members?

I think PWRA membership just went up by about 7000%, if I did the math right.

I like it!

post-1711-137772447318_thumb.jpg

Edited by Thad
I didn't do the math right.

I think PWRA membership just went up by about 7000%, if I did the math right.

I like it!

Don't be silly Thad. That wouldn't be right to count every account that was ever created on the forum as a member. I'm sure that's why y'all don't do as neither do we.

I've explained our membership On here more than once. If anyone can't figure it out they're welcome to search my posts or give me a call.

Don't be silly Thad. That wouldn't be right to count every account that was ever created on the forum as a member. I'm sure that's why y'all don't do as neither do we.

I've explained our membership On here more than once. If anyone can't figure it out they're welcome to search my posts or give me a call.

Oh, absolutely, that was an inside joke with Charlie and a couple of others.

When the PWR forum when live it had over 5000 members and Chris and I had “member since 2008” as well as all existing users because our forum guy cloned WCR and all that carried over. A couple of the usual people did a lot of moaning and squealing that I had been secretly building it while I was on the ***** BOD and what a horrible person I was. Charlie was one of the few people who actually called to find out what was what. We had a good laugh when I told him how we got that many members over night.

It was an attempt at levity on my part. I’m sorry if I came off the wrong way.

- - - Updated - - -

Sorry if I derailed the conversation.

Chris explain your membership totals one more time and are those members considered eligible to take your certification test if they have the 5 yrs or the training hours or both as per the ***** guidelines.

Your quoted as saying you have over 300 members when people here where asking you how many "*****" members you have.

Oh, absolutely, that was an inside joke with Charlie and a couple of others.

When the PWR forum when live it had over 5000 members and Chris and I had “member since 2008” as well as all existing users because our forum guy cloned WCR and all that carried over. A couple of the usual people did a lot of moaning and squealing that I had been secretly building it while I was on the ***** BOD and what a horrible person I was. Charlie was one of the few people who actually called to find out what was what. We had a good laugh when I told him how we got that many members over night.

It was an attempt at levity on my part. I’m sorry if I came off the wrong way.

- - - Updated - - -

Sorry if I derailed the conversation.

You didn't. I knew you were joking around.

We can't be serious all the time!

Chris explain your membership totals one more time and are those members considered eligible to take your certification test if they have the 5 yrs or the training hours or both as per the ***** guidelines.

Your quoted as saying you have over 300 members when people here where asking you how many "*****" members you have.

Sure, just for you John.

The 80+ donating members are those who have paid dues. Yes, they're eligible to take a certification test per the guidelines.

The 300+ number comes after you add in associate members and regular members(forum members).

That isn't an attempt to fudge numbers. Those are real people who have joined and are active on the forum since this BOD took over. I'm sure we could count thousands like Thad mentioned if we wanted to but that wouldn't be accurate.

Does that answer your question?

Sure, just for you John.

The 80+ donating members are those who have paid dues. Yes, they're eligible to take a certification test per the guidelines.

The 300+ number comes after you add in associate members and regular members(forum members).

That isn't an attempt to fudge numbers. Those are real people who have joined and are active on the forum since this BOD took over. I'm sure we could count thousands like Thad mentioned if we wanted to but that wouldn't be accurate.

Does that answer your question?

Doesn't answer the question. It's actually misleading. We used to have 5000 PWNA bb members when that bulletin board was near the top in ranked but the PWNA membership total never surpassed the 475 total.

So once again if someone says "Hey Chris I'm thinking about joining the ***** and I'm going to budget it into my business expenses for the year. Oh by the way how many members does the ***** have?? And your answer is_____??

Doesn't answer the question. It's actually misleading. We used to have 5000 PWNA bb members when that bulletin board was near the top in ranked but the PWNA membership total never surpassed the 475 total.

So once again if someone says "Hey Chris I'm thinking about joining the ***** and I'm going to budget it into my business expenses for the year. Oh by the way how many members does the ***** have?? And your answer is_____??

80 ish............. leading the way into the future of powerwasing. Get on board while you still can!! lol!

Booze has a great last name !

What's in a name:) Time for another thread of great names in this Industry...

Still waiting though for Chris Apple to give the straight ahead answer about membership.

John,

Definitive answers, not many...............

Hype.......more than most can take......

If you need a meanlingless certification, copy the picture in thread #1 and insert the appropriate names.

Go UAMCRC!!

Just to get some clarification. What is the difference between "members" and "Donating Members"?

There's a clear cut answer here Kris. If you ask me how many PWNA members there are it's an easy answer. As of 1/8/13 there are 213 members.

Why we can't get that answer from the ***** is baffling. No one is asking about ***** bb members, ***** mailing list members,***** non donating members, ***** member that are married... Etc etc etc.

If you want to know if something is worth your small investment it starts with membership and how many are there.

Simple question that should have a simple answer.. Still waiting for that now going on 3 weeks.

Hey can we add all of the people that are apart of this forum to that 213?... just to RAISE the number. It should be clear and straight forward. Your either a member or your not a member and that number is counted, not this BS that's being spilled.

Hey can we add all of the people that are apart of this forum to that 213?... just to RAISE the number. It should be clear and straight forward. Your either a member or your not a member and that number is counted, not this BS that's being spilled.

Exactly.

According to this link (United Association of Mobile Contract Cleaners - ***** Contractor Listings) there is 37 commercial, 77 contractors by state, 17 distributors, and 42 Residential. That is a grand "possible" total of 173 members in The *****. That is if there is no doubling of company names that would follow under more then one of those categories.

Maybe we should start with Billy Booze. What's his story with the RCIA? Maybe once we hear that we can get a better understanding as to what he's doing with the ***** Certifications.

I'll tell you what I know....but let me say this, I really don't care what the man does on his own, there's nothing wrong with being a capitalist. It's when I see people with selfish interests use Org's for their own gain, and pretend they do it "for the industry" that I get ticked off.

Thumbnail sketch.....

• He started with ARCA (American Roof Cleaners Association) as the asst of Dave Westerman who created ARCA when he was invited to leave RCIA

• ARCA fizzled out and in Mar 09 he hitched his pony to RCIA...posted a lot and became an instructor.

• In Sept 2010, he "officially" started selling training *** LINK

• He and others pushed for the RCIA to become a bonafied Org....In Oct 2010, he became Executive Secretary

• When CT discovered that he was working to open up the RCIA standards to include any cleaning methods (for increased Cert revenue), CT disbanded the board.

• By that point, Booz had parlayed his 2nd Org into a position with NCE and moving to ***** from NCE was almost a given.

Since he began roof cleaning....he's tried, almost from the start, to monetize training and certification for himself. Within a little over 1 year of joining RCIA, where he himself claims to have learned roof cleaning from CT....he was offering himself as a roof cleaning "Expert".

He could always come here an elaborate himself....almost everything I typed came from his own forum posts or CT and other RCIA members.

There's a clear cut answer here Kris. If you ask me how many PWNA members there are it's an easy answer. As of 1/8/13 there are 213 members.

Why we can't get that answer from the ***** is baffling. No one is asking about ***** bb members, ***** mailing list members,***** non donating members, ***** member that are married... Etc etc etc.

If you want to know if something is worth your small investment it starts with membership and how many are there.

Simple question that should have a simple answer.. Still waiting for that now going on 3 weeks.

I've had more than one person on the phone ask me why I care about an Org with 80 members....I couldn't care less if they have 30 or 300.

It's not the numbers that matter to me....it's how this cake is getting baked that I find objectionable. At some point, someone will lose a job to a guy that has a Roof Cleaning Cert that isn't based on any process or procedure. The guy could get on the roof and blast shingles with pressure, ruin the roof and all the ***** Cert Committee cares about is that one of them made some loot off of training.