Sign in to follow this  
John T

Do you believe in God??

Question

I believe in God and I get closer to my beliefs everyday....but.. of course being extremely analytical I have some issues that I have to deal with.

So if you don't mind sharing what do you believe in and what doubts do you have?

42 answers to this question

Yep.

That's great John! Doubts are just put there by the ole devil himself. Same guy that puts you up to some of your other orneriness! ;) just tell him no

Well Chris--- like I tell my girls "Don't ever follow anything blindly". Search for answers and always make an educated decision so you don't get fooled when your on your own.

My wife and her family all went to Catholic schools and my girls made their communion and soon my youngest will be making her conformation.

I always believed in God but was pretty much agnostic but as I get older I'm leaning more towards finding answers which is what I always love doing on most everything..

So who's believes in God, is on the Fence with God or just doesn't believe any of it. If this is to personal to answer please don't. I'm not doing this to "Out" anyone with there beliefs. I'm searching.... For answers.

I know it must seem like That Michael. But you definitly stand up for what you believe. You dont back down and for that i give you credit. contrary to what you may think I believe most on these boards do respect your drive and commitment. you have earned the respect of your fellow power washers ( well at least you have earned mine). though we dont agree on a lot of things that doesnt mean i wouldnt want to sit down with you and pick your brain. If you was to open a school It would be succesful i am sure. keep on keeping on Mike.

I know it must seem like That Michael. But you definitly stand up for what you believe. You dont back down and for that i give you credit. contrary to what you may think I believe most on these boards do respect your drive and commitment. you have earned the respect of your fellow power washers ( well at least you have earned mine). though we dont agree on a lot of things that doesnt mean i wouldnt want to sit down with you and pick your brain. If you was to open a school It would be succesful i am sure. keep on keeping on Mike.

Amen From Over Here Michael, +100

I smell God certification class?

Brian, Ever speak with God while playing Golf? We do on the west coast.

John T. I am a firm believer in the Ten Commandments and do my very best to follow them.

Jake

John T. I am a firm believer in the Ten Commandments and do my very best to follow them.

Jake

Same here Jake. Always have. Probably why us good people migrate towards each other :)

As for Golf which I gave up when I ripped my forearm. I do recall hearing Jesus Christ's name mentioned alot.. Can't say it was done in good taste though.

If you do not believe can u get certified?

Lol.. Stop it Brian your killing us..lol The only rule I can think of is as long as you are not hurting anyone believe in anything you want :)

Brian, Ever speak with God while playing Golf? We do on the west coast.

Jake

I say a lot of things when golf goes bad. I have not played since going to Vegas in Dec. foot surgery has been ruff.

I say a lot of things when golf goes bad. I have not played since going to Vegas in Dec. foot surgery has been ruff.

Come to Vegas again and "Let it ride" :)

I suggest some good, deep reading and would would highly recommend

Mere Christianity by CS Lewis - Mere Christianity: C. S. Lewis: 9780060652920: Amazon.com: Books

The Pursuit of God by AW Tozer - http://www.amazon.com/Pursuit-God-W-Tozer/dp/1557427534/ref=sr_1_5?s=books&ie=UTF8&qid=1362006951&sr=1-5&keywords=tozer+books

Edited by Tonyg

For those unsure how to answer the question of this thread, the following flowchart may help ...

Now that's funny Rick! :encouragement:

I"m catholic I was an alter boy when I was younger.....We had a priest that had to go into rehab so even the priest would party in Louisiana!

For those unsure how to answer the question of this thread, the following flowchart may help ...

If Brian would study this chart Rick, I feel confident that he could lower his golf index by five.

Jake

Now that's funny Rick! :encouragement:

I"m catholic I was an alter boy when I was younger.....We had a priest that had to go into rehab so even the priest would party in Louisiana!

Shane,

I was raised a nominal Protestant but my wife to be was raised in a Catholic family. Wanting to keep relations with the new in-laws in good graces, I insisted that we go through with the wedding in a Catholic church. She didn't care for this and thought a civil ceremony would be just fine. I "won" ...!

Soon thereafter, our priest quit Catholicism, shacked up with a divorcee, and started speculating in real estate flipping. The beautiful convent where we were married was sold by the Church to a for profit private secular school. In the end I guess we both won!

If Brian would study this chart Rick, I feel confident that he could lower his golf index by five.

Jake

Jake,

Cutting a handicap by 5 is a huge undertaking, especially with a bad foot. I would suggest Brian select "A Ton of 'Em", seek reincarnation, buy a black cat, and quickly study witchcraft. Golf is a wacky sport and Wiccan belief fits hand in glove.

I do not have a black cat (gold and white not really a cat person). I do Love bacon and meats. I do love my German Shepard and beer. But I am not rich or insane. And less work more golf will lower my golf scores.

I do not have a black cat (gold and white not really a cat person). I do Love bacon and meats. I do love my German Shepard and beer. But I am not rich or insane. And less work more golf will lower my golf scores.

Brian,

Unfortunately, you are correct. No amount of witchcraft can improve ones' golf. "Less work and more golf" is the only solution, but difficult to achieve in real life.

Unless you're blessed like Jake Clark. Lives in a near perfect climate for the links, and is not too busy in the stain business during the winter. California does have its charms.

Rick and Brian, Having come from Ohio, why are you all still mired in the nasty weather?!? Loving life and golf year round, Jake PS Rick, Tracking a Lotus out here is good too!