Sign in to follow this  
Beth n Rod

What kind of residential pressure washing are you doing?

What types of residential pressure washing do you do? (check multiple allowed)  

1,083 members have voted

1. 1. What types of residential pressure washing do you do? (check multiple allowed)

• House washing (brick, vinyl, aluminum etc.)
    • Wood (decks, fences, gazebos etc.)
    • Pool aprons
    • Tennis courts
    • Basketball courts (outdoor)
    • patios (brick, concrete, flagstone, slate)
    • Roofing (asphalt or wooden shakes)

Question

What type of residential pressure washing are you doing? What's the strangest thing someone ever asked you to clean? Share it here.

Beth

;)

p.s. we sometimes get calls to wash the inside of chimneys out... we send those to the sweeps....

71 answers to this question

The strangest thing we've washed has to be Christmas trees. The tree farm was along the river and the high waters brought in everything from cans, shoes and packed in mud. Hauling 500 gallons around, up and over tree stumps was interesting. The owners said they looked so good they didn't have to spray them with their coloring spray. I didn't know they did such a thing. They spray a green mix on the trees to make them look more appealing before Christmas time. After washing those grease filled quarry trucks, we stood arms out and cleaned each other off. Thank goodness we no longer do those anymore.

We wash about anything. Houses, decks, drives, walks, machinery, ag barns etc... My slogan is: We wash anything thats dirty!! and 10-4 good buddy we stick to that too!!!!! One day we were washing some equipment for a farmer, his tracktors, haybines, balers, manure spreaders etc... and we got the spreader done and he wondered if would wash the inside of the spreader.?!?!:lgsad: I said yea for this much more which was not bad money but the next time someone wants one done on the inside I will either price myself out of it or come out of it a millionaire.

Was wondering if anybody else on here washes agriculture building? Hog barn, chicken houses, turkey house etc... We do a lot of them.

The strangest request I had was two years ago before I really got into residential work full time. A customer had me wash her house after we took over her restaurant exhaust cleaning. She started talking about her dioceased brother and husband. Then she asks me if I can clean tombstones.. sure, okay, Ill take a look. Well the plots are on her property about 350 ft from the water supply. I told her it would cost her too much.. she insisted so I did them. They were so moldy and dirty I couldn't make out the markings. I cleaned one and it came out very nicely. I get to the second one and as I can make out the name, I had to go back and look at the first one. Same exact name and birthdate on each stone only the dates of death were different. I was too stunned to even ask questions. The longer I stayed there I started feeling like I was in a Stephen King novel.

The goverment holds bids on them but you have to use chems that dont kill the grass, and low pressure and other clauses.

We bought a dry ice machine that shoots little pellets of dry ice.attachment.php?attachmentid=1821&stc=1attachment.php?attachmentid=1822&stc=1

post-907-137772142511_thumb.jpg

post-907-137772142517_thumb.jpg

excuse me cemeteries like Arlington National, I dont know about local cemeteries.

I saw a gentelman using one of these on plastic ink Cartridges.

You have to just try all sorts of stuff

I cleaned grease off of all my old bakery equipment in minutes rather than hours.

Hi

Mostly domestic, drives, pathways, patio, (Block paving, concrete, stone etc) Wooden decking and garden furniture, cleaning and restore if wanted.

All done with cold water machine, FSC, and various lances.

We don't have the exotic decking like you guys have in the states here in England, but they still come up nice and clean, well at least by me anyway LOL :)

Also season just starting to take off over here, and we have a hose-pipe ban in the south of England :mad: which does not include p/washing but now trying to convince home owners.

Roger

Roger,

We had water restrictions a few years back here in the northeastern US. At least in NJ it did not affect contractors. Public perception, maybe, I did not notice it but I'm a small fish in a very big pond.

Bust on Tony Blair, but I assume he's getting to be stale crackers. Resurrect Winston Churchill. Now there is a man that had gumption and fortitude when it counted.

i like the ,what we call "TOTAL PACKAGE " we do the entire home and all cleanable property....roof drive walkways decks home ect...all for one price,but i guess that would be anyones favorite

Hello,

I wash anything. In the past I've washed 13 story buildings in D.C., store fronts in strip malls, airport hangers, and all things residential.

Strangest...the towers in a concrete supply yard, then bead blasted, and painted them.

As far as Power washing goes most of the cleanings I do are for Concrete driveways and walks, Soft Wash house washing which includes everything from vinyl sidded homes, block stucco, mobile and manufactured homes etc... and commercial bldg exteriors. I clean a lot of pool deck and enclosures and the occational vinyl fence, wood fence, boat docks, patio's etc... As far as roofs go I clean both Tile and Shingle Roofs. Up until about 2 yrs ago I was doing them all the old fashioned way with just using a pressure washer. About 2 yrs ago I learned about Non pressure cleaning methods of chemically cleaning Roofs. Through trial and error I learned from my mistakes on how to do them properly without causing damage. These boards have also been very, very helpful as far as refining my methods. Now the only time I actually Pressure Wash a Roof is when I have to do a paint prep on a Tile roof for a customer or for one of the many painting contractors that I do paint prepping for. I love pressure washing but I really love the financial benifits of cleaning roofs even more.

How about a water wheel on a grist mill in Pemberton NJ. Wheel was in 5' of water when they let dam lower level. Had to wade in neopreme waders for about 6 hrs for 3 days. The mill would turn the wheel as I needed it moved to other positions. To seal it Had to do in in a few weeks to dry out in sections.

I cleaned a Cedar Bird Feeder yesterday( gross) and I have a set of garage doors(polly) and a deck (latex) over a Koi Pond coming up. The Koi pond is making me NERVOUS. 200 hundred a pop for a fish.

I did get a call to clean a walking bridge over a Koi pond and another over a saltwater pond that I declined because I could not guarantee that there would be no ill effects to the fish in the ponds.