Sign in to follow this  
John T

Do you work on Sundays at times?

Question

We do for commercial work and mostly at night. Only on a rare occasion now we'll we do residential work on Sundays.

I was brought up as Sunday is a day of rest but I don't rest except at night when I try to sleep. One of the things I like doing on Sunday is fix any broken machines we had during the week(have to fix a pump today) and if there was nothing wrong I tinker in my shop. This is what I like best. I don't know maybe I'll start building the wall behind surface machine I have thought out....

Oh yea I check to make sure all chemicals are stocked in the trucks and trailers so they guy are never low on supplies.

So how about you.. Do you work occasionally on Sundays, tinker with equipment or really do make it a day of rest?

What's your Sunday like?

14 answers to this question

Sunday equals off.

iPhone - Tapatalk

Man I wish that was true when I was in law Enforcement in my early career in some nasty places. Give all the cops a few days off and watch how fast NY City back then would have turned into Kurt Russel's movie "Escape from NY".

This was during the crack epidemic in the mid to late 80's-- total helll hole.

Every Sunday it seems until summer hits. Today we are doing a 400 car garage. Sweepers/Scrubbers/wash walls and ceilings.

You lucky Dawg:) we do Garages on Sundays as well. How cold is it by you now at night? Where still hitting the freeze #'s causing for this week alone, 2 cracked metal balls valves and one general TSF 2021 pump to possibly have ice damage on the inside. Opening that one up later today as I tinker.

My biggest night to get off if I can is Saturday night. That's when I'll take my wife and maybe my girls out for family night and we can all get up late Sunday.. At least they can:)

You lucky Dawg:) we do Garages on Sundays as well. How cold is it by you now at night? Where still hitting the freeze #'s causing for this week alone, 2 cracked metal balls valves and one general TSF 2021 pump to possibly have ice damage on the inside. Opening that one up later today as I tinker.

It's well above freezing and has been for weeks. It's go go go go go season! Got another 800 car garage we are doing Tues/Wed followed by another 2 big ones next week. All this on top of the other things I've got going on. Makes for a long week sometimes.