Sign in to follow this  
Mike

Are you Dreaming of a White Christmas?

Question

Are you dreaming of a white christmas? Be careful what you wish for. We will have around 2 feet on the ground by tomorrow morning. It stopped for 1 hour, long enough to snap a few pictures. Another foot of snow is coming.

Is it snowning anywhere else? This would be a nice thread to share some white christmas photos.

post-792-137772139928_thumb.jpg

17 answers to this question

Mike,

Make sure to build a snowman, make some snow angels, have at least one snowball fight, and of course, drink plenty of cocoa. If you have a big hill, sled, sled, sled.

If you want to make your house smell wonderful over the holidays, do the following:

Take a saucepan of water and turn on the heat on the stove to medium high

add to the water one orange cut up in quarters or eights

add a teaspoon to a tablespoon of cloves

add several cinnamon sticks

add a few nutmegs

Once it starts to smell good, tun it to low and just let it simmer all day. Add more water as needed if the level gets to low.

Beth:lgcold::lghohoho:

100's of feet of SUN here, oh wait this is Southern California, sorry Mike.

It has been cold and damp in the morning here lately but by 9 or 10 AM the sun pushes it away.

Heck if we had rain on Christmas day that would be as close to a "white" Christmas as we could get here.

2 feet of Snow here. Did anyone else get some? Now they are telling us Christmas morning the temp will be -10 degrees below 0

I've never seen snow like that, or any real snow for that matter. I've lived here in NE FL all of my life and the farthest north I've ever travaled was NC, but that was during the summer. I have been out west in Jon's neck of the woods once. Nice area there in Southern Calif. but a bit dirty. I believe it was 1989 when we got a little snow that actually stuck to the ground for a day or two, but other than that its been all sunshine and palm trees.

CCPC you never seen SNOW, man you need to take a winter vacation up north like in Vermont, Conn. or one of those states.

I have lived up in Lake Tahoe long before it became commercialized as it is today. Zepher Cove, NV. This was back in 1957 if my memory serves me right.

Below is the current temp.

Weather Currently at "Zephyr Cove, NV" - (11:35PM PT) 100x25accuw.gif

33.gifThe weather is

Clear Temperature18°F RealFeel™ Temp*18°F Humidity85% WindsSW 3 mph Pressure30.40 Visibility10 miles

I am a desert southwest nature born and the idea of snow was what I could see on the mountains from the city they over shadow. Temps in the valley ranged from 40's-60's while on the mountain, it was obviously colder.

No snow in Maryland so far but maybe I am speaking to soon (hope I dont jinx it :rolleyes: ). For those who are having a white christmas, BRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR!

Rod~

I've seen a little snow... Just not what other folks up north would consider snow. My brother lives in upstate New York and gets enough snow for the both of us.

43 here now, supposed to be 40 tonight, and rain all night and all day tomorrow...

I'm dreaming of a wet Christmas?

Hey Mike, Its funny you mention the rain, two years ago it only rained two times in Dec. and early Jan. Can you guess the two times.. Christmas Eve and New Years Eve. Go Figure.

In western Kentucky we have about 16" of snow. I have never personally seen that much snow. I wish I had purchased some snow removal equipment now. Anybody made a killing plowing snow this year?

This is from my front yard, just west of Little Rock, AR, last Thursday morning.

It took me two hours to go the seven miles from work to the house last Wednesday afternoon. If we had left any later than 12:30 it would have probably taken twice that long.

I don't even remember the last white Christmas we had here and I hope I forget this one also. It is beautiful, but we are not equipped down here to get the roads cleared in a timely fashion. Then, only the main roads get done.

I trust everyone had a wonderful Christmas.

Chuck

Cleaner Times Magazine

post-80-137772139944_thumb.jpg