Sign in to follow this  
John T

2014 Events-- mark your calendars

Question

51 answers to this question

EClean is keeping track of the 2014 event that are worth attending.

Interesting Choice Of Words John, some could draw the impression that if an event is not listed.......it's not worth attending......which I'm sure is not the case. There's gonna one North of Bailtimore in Dec. I'm going to but I don't see it listed...I think it will be worth it.

Interesting Choice Of Words John, some could draw the impression that if an event is not listed.......it's not worth attending......which I'm sure is not the case. There's gonna one North of Bailtimore in Dec. I'm going to but I don't see it listed...I think it will be worth it.

Your looking to far into it. I'm sure there are plenty of events around that no one knows about or just aren't to public and they maybe excellent or flat out suck. I've been to plenty that weren't written up anywhere in the Industry mags and they were great.

LOL Guy.  That would be like me saying I live in the Baltimore area yet I have not heard of any event in Dec.  Oh hell I am probably not invited...LOL.  Really funny how every takes words the way they want. 

I don't see why you wouldn't be able to come Rob. It's free & open to everyone.....No committees to accept or reject you in any way.....It's a hobby of mine to read between the lines, but I wasn't trying to negitve in any way....just an observation. Sometimes meanings are blurred on the net.

I hope you and John will come....I'd like to finally meet you guys.

I don't see why you wouldn't be able to come Rob. It's free & open to everyone.....No committees to accept or reject you in any way.....It's a hobby of mine to read between the lines, but I wasn't trying to negitve in any way....just an observation. Sometimes meanings are blurred on the net.

I hope you and John will come....I'd like to finally meet you guys.

Guy, I was at last years event.  What is funny is I wasn't even aware this years event was going to happen until I read your posts.  I spoke at last years because someone we know backed out at the last minute.  Now it looks like an Org event.  If that's the case, No thanks.  What that Org has allowed is unreal.  I am tired of the harassment that the president of it puts out.  The texts are relentless.  And when I tell him to stop his buddy, that isn't even a power washer, starts texting me.  And for that I may end my cousin to the event.  He is a regulator.  Maybe he can come back and tell me what a JOKE the environmental guru is.  See Guy my point is that lines have been drawn.  I don't deal with BS.  I don't need BS. 

I may go anyway. I'll just skip the org sales pitch since I already rode that train in the past and had fun and since moved on. No biggie. Just not sure about the 5hr drive.

It's a hobby of mine to read between the lines, but I wasn't trying to negitve in any way....just an observation. Sometimes meanings are blurred on the net.

Guy -I re-read the above a couple of times and it got me thinking that you would probably be the best person to answer this. When someone advertises "Free free free" in there way of promoting an event all the time.... What's the catch? Wants going in between those lines? If we go to an event like that are they really just trying to sell us something?

Personally I am always Leary when someone says something is "Free free free". I'm sure you can understand that. It almost like saying "Call our company and we'll give you a free, yes that's right a free house wash"-- that says that there going to upsell everything to you & with that your going to get a free house wash. Just like the guys who sell $99 house washes.

So what's the deal?

Guy -I re-read the above a couple of times and it got me thinking that you would probably be the best person to answer this. When someone advertises "Free free free" in there way of promoting an event all the time.... What's the catch? Wants going in between those lines? If we go to an event like that are they really just trying to sell us something?

Personally I am always Leary when someone says something is "Free free free". I'm sure you can understand that. It almost like saying "Call our company and we'll give you a free, yes that's right a free house wash"-- that says that there going to upsell everything to you & with that your going to get a free house wash. Just like the guys who sell $99 house washes.

So what's the deal?

Truely John, I have no idea. To my knowledge this is not an Org. event and never has been. Maybe the Org. bought a sponsership, beats me.

There have been seveal of these free events lately, I haven't seen or heard anything negitive about any of them.

Guess I'll find out when I get there.

Truely John, I have no idea. To my knowledge this is not an Org. event and never has been. Maybe the Org. bought a sponsership, beats me.

There have been seveal of these free events lately, I haven't seen or heard anything negitive about any of them.

Guess I'll find out when I get there.

Yeah there has been a few lately.  I heard attendance wasn't so good though? 

Maybe one of the BOD will chime in and say if they are going to tell contractors this year (like they did last year) that everyone has a membership?  It was said that everyone has a FREE membership.  Yours truly called them out on it.  It was explained then and only then that everyone has a membership to the BBS ...LOL.  How is that professional?  How is it NOT misleading?  And yet the story continues with this group of misfits in charge...I am truly glad you are no longer a BOD Guy.  Good for you.  Hopefully next time you are in town we can meet up.

The 5 hr drive aside, I would look to hear what Guy has to say since he does have a ton of knowledge on many aspects within this Industry. Could definitely learn some things from him.

The personal concern I have is if I'm going to get thrown under the bus by the usual few who will email another 430 page manuscript saying this time I was in cahoots with this org so they can sign up people. The manuscript that was sent out after the Vegas Parking garage event we did was crazy.

Guy if I don't go to this event will definitely hook up somewhere such as maybe a PWRA Convention or something of that nature we both believe in and don't have to read between any lines with all this.....stuff.

Yeah there has been a few lately.  I heard attendance wasn't so good though? 

Maybe one of the BOD will chime in and say if they are going to tell contractors this year (like they did last year) that everyone has a membership?  It was said that everyone has a FREE membership.  Yours truly called them out on it.  It was explained then and only then that everyone has a membership to the BBS ...LOL.  How is that professional?  How is it NOT misleading?  And yet the story continues with this group of misfits in charge...I am truly glad you are no longer a BOD Guy.  Good for you.  Hopefully next time you are in town we can meet up.

Rob why are you getting off track in this thread? It has nothing to do with Membership, free our other wise. Different levels of Membership are used universally in businesses or organizations so why keep beating that dead horse? How "is" it misleading? How is it "not" professional? To my knowledge there have been 0 complaints about that except from people that are Non-Members and people that have personal issues with the leadership....I mean I get it, but it's not an issue unless "You" want it to be..... and if that's the case then it's just not an issue.

As far as attendance goes, these are 1 day events that are targeting (for the most part) local area contractors and aren't being super marketed, again I don't see an issue with that.

I'll be at the event North of Baltimore Dec 7, I know you won't attend but if that's close to you lets grab dinner somewhere else and chew the fat.

The 5 hr drive aside, I would look to hear what Guy has to say since he does have a ton of knowledge on many aspects within this Industry. Could definitely learn some things from him.

The personal concern I have is if I'm going to get thrown under the bus by the usual few who will email another 430 page manuscript saying this time I was in cahoots with this org so they can sign up people. The manuscript that was sent out after the Vegas Parking garage event we did was crazy.

Guy if I don't go to this event will definitely hook up somewhere such as maybe a PWRA Convention or something of that nature we both believe in and don't have to read between any lines with all this.....stuff.

Thanks John but I don't think I have a "Ton Of Knowledge" I have picked up bits & pieces from people on the boards and events that we have attended and put the in a format that people get, you know...makes the light bulb go off.

I am not a professional speaker and am in no way the biggest, badest, smartest, or the highest grosser in the bunch. I am a hard working slob that still jumps behind the wheel, grabs a wand and will work my butt off to make our business a success.

I'm just not going to comment on the other stuff.

I'll buy you a beer when we do hook up.

Rob why are you getting off track in this thread? It has nothing to do with Membership, free our other wise. Different levels of Membership are used universally in businesses or organizations so why keep beating that dead horse? How "is" it misleading? How is it "not" professional? To my knowledge there have been 0 complaints about that except from people that are Non-Members and people that have personal issues with the leadership....I mean I get it, but it's not an issue unless "You" want it to be..... and if that's the case then it's just not an issue.

As far as attendance goes, these are 1 day events that are targeting (for the most part) local area contractors and aren't being super marketed, again I don't see an issue with that.

I'll be at the event North of Baltimore Dec 7, I know you won't attend but if that's close to you lets grab dinner somewhere else and chew the fat.

Guy,

I was on topic.  Not straying. 

Lets start with one.  I was asked to speak last year because your leader no showed.  I am sure it will happen again.  History has proven itself. 

You were not there last year when a BOD told the attending contractors that everyone was a member.  How is it misleading?...Well for one its BS (Snake Oil) if you will.  For someone to sit in front of me when I was a TT member and asked for three years if the TT members even had a membership to tell the audience they are members.  So when I asked he got caught up in his words and the truth came out that everyone has a "free" membership (to the BBS).  You have been around long enough to know that telling anyone they have a membership to a BBS is a joke.  And yet again he uses the words FREE FREE FREE. 

Two, look at number one and tell me that's professional or not when contractors are thinking there is value in the Org BBS alone.  There are too many BBS' out there that provide more professional value.

Three, yes some of the issues I have are personal now with your leaders.  NOT my leaders.  They are a joke on professionalism.  Do you consider it professional when the president has been warned numerous times to not contact me.  Then when I posted in response to you about this event. Within minutes I get an automated text from his website.  So I texted him and told him I will be taking actions if he doesn't stop.  Within minutes of that your environmental guru sends me a text about your leaders website.  LOL.  They are worthless Guy.  Let them continue the harassment because now they are coming to my town.  You want harassment in your town? 

Edited by Beth n Rod
content removed.

You know Rob all that BS is "Your" problem not "My" problem, I got enough of my own. Your continued adolescent posts implying that Ron is "my" boss or now he is "my" leader is somehow suppose to bait me into a conflict is laughable because neither is anywhere near the truth and yet you still continue your BS. If that is somehow making you feel better about yourself....have at it, more power to ya there chief.

This event is being put together by Jay at Fullblast & Bill at AccuWash (Both Local Contractors) and from what I understand this is their 4th year of doing so. Really not sure what kind of problem you have with that, but you should probably take it up with them.

Since they're going to be in "Your Area" serve papers on them for harassment or go kick their a$$, either way I really don't give a flying fig.

Your continued taunts and baiting gain no sympathy, favor or belief from me.

Have a good one. 

Hey Rob I just read their flyer and it looks good.

The only question concerns Tony S? Since he went ballistic that we did an event in Vegas which happens to be where he lives and from there he sent out a very bazaar 430 page rambling manuscript to many as to us coming into "his area" like he owns Vegas-- This is my question. What the heck is he doing in your home state discussing Enviro anything? His only contribution to your area(personally I wouldn't be happy about this in my state which is probably why they don't have NY on there hit list) was to call the EPA in your area to discuss contactors in your state who post on the net.

So since Tony said (totally bizaar) that we had no right to talk in Vegas with other contractors about how to deal with the EPA, since this is his bazaar thought pattern than why is it OK for him plus his orgs blessing to go to your home state of MD to discuss issues that he is clueless on since MD is not Vegas?

What the heck is he doing in your home state discussing Enviro anything?...(personally I wouldn't be happy about this in my state which is probably why they don't have NY on there hit list)

So since Tony said (totally bizaar) that we had no right to talk in Vegas with other contractors about how to deal with the EPA, since this is his bazaar thought pattern than why is it OK for him plus his orgs blessing to go to your home state of MD to discuss issues that he is clueless on since MD is not Vegas?

Oh John you were doing so good up until that post........

No worries I won't bust you a new one for that BS post. You (Or anyone else) has no idea what THE PERSON will speak on, you're just stirring the pot, which of course is your MO here on TGS but not on other forums.......HhhMmmm Interesting.....Just Saying.

So you wouldn't be happy with someone going into "Your" State discussing "Enviro Anything" but it's ok for you, Moe & Curly to go into another State and contact State Enviro Reps telling them their BMPs could be illegal but you're avalible as a "Consultant" to fix them? And because of your interference in Vegas they're now going back to "Re-Visit" their BMPs possibly making them more restrictive.......Really??? How many Vegas Contractors were at the Vegas event?.......Answer? None?

Please John, don't turn TGS into the insane rommper room as you have done before.

Edited by Beth n Rod
edited

You feel the need to post private text it will only ruin your credibility that will put you in the class of others posting private text.

Oh John you were doing so good up until that post........

No worries I won't bust you a new one for that BS post. You (Or anyone else) has no idea what  will speak on, you're just stirring the pot, which of course is your MO here on TGS but not on other forums.......HhhMmmm Interesting.....Just Saying.

So you wouldn't be happy with someone going into "Your" State discussing "Enviro Anything" but it's ok for you, Moe & Curly to go into another State and contact State Enviro Reps telling them their BMPs could be illegal but you're avalible as a "Consultant" to fix them? And because of your interference in Vegas they're now going back to "Re-Visit" their BMPs possibly making them more restrictive.......Really??? How many Vegas Contractors were at the Vegas event?.......Answer? None?

Please John, don't turn TGS into the insane rommper room as you have done before.

Guy if You feel the need to post private text it will only ruin your credibility that will put you in the class of others who post private text. Your decision.

They accuse others of doing exactly what they are doing themselves which I'm sure you see that and in our case we weren't even promoting any equipment in our EPA discussion.

Have to say I'm still glad you resigned your position there because who can blame you, I wouldn't want them to represent me anytime either.

Edited by Beth n Rod
edited

This needs to tone down gentlemen.Please, seriously, not sure anyone cares but you guys.

I mean, I care that this thread is starting to become argumentative. But your disagreement is between you guys and should be kept between you and not "aired out" publicly. 

Just saying, we have seen it "blow up" in the past.

Just tone it down a bit.

Thanks Adrian. This thread was just about the events in eClean mag.

Speaking of that magazine Allison has some cool stories coming up In near future. I think she posted somewhere maybe even here on TGS that http://www.ecleanmag.com/ had its largest subscription(might be wrong use of the word) to date.

Go Allison:)

"you will see that Tony said no one should be allowed to talk with EPA if there not from that state."

"get his explanation why it's OK for him to come to MD then to talk about the EPA"

The first statement has already been answered by what you guys pulled in Vegas, and the results......Second statement is about the funniest thing I've ever seen....why does anyone need an explaination to talk "About" the EPA?

Sorry Big-A I'm done here....I'll turn it back over to the ever level headed and completely sane John T.

You guys have a great one!

The first statement has already been answered by what you guys pulled in Vegas, and the results......Second statement is about the funniest thing I've ever seen....why does anyone need an explaination to talk "About" the EPA?

Sorry Big-A I'm done here....I'll turn it back over to the ever level headed and completely sane John T.

You guys have a great one!

Guy respect this bb and stop hijacking threads which you did here on this eClean thread. There's nothing to read between the lines here.

NO one is going to put texts from anyone else's conversations on this forum. I will NOT allow it. This is not that other forum where people **** all over one another. There is nothing wrong with the questions John T has raised. NOTHING. I followed the antics of the Vegas event. It is a shame that people who are supposed to be mature adults had to resort to the things they did to ruin something for someone else. Well, guess what. the members of this forum who have questions about this upcoming event in Maryland have every right to inquire. Guy, you are speaking there, correct? You say you have no idea what is going on with other speakers? Well, that is possible. Many of these events are like that, with volunteers going and offering their time, and sharing their knowledge. But volunteers get questioned all the time. You should know this already, from your prior time on the BOD. Of course you could have taken the high road and asked what that individual was speaking about, and then shared it.

Beth