Sign in to follow this  
Mike

Welcome New Members! ..Introduce yourself

Question

New members continue to join The Grime Scene daily and I would like to welcome you all to the board. If you have a few extra minutes, take the time to introduce yourself and let us know a little about you and your company. No need to be shy here, we are all trying to acomplish the same thing here... network with others, educate yourself, and make some new friends. Welcome Again, and I look forward to talking to you all soon.

:lgwave:

305 answers to this question

Hi All,

New to this site...It's Great! A wealth of information. I live in Chester county, PA. Lot's of decks and houses to service out here. Did a few jobs 2 years ago(around 50) and they all turned out pretty well. This coming new year I am going to start up again and hope to build a good client base. I have alot of questions about the business. Any information on good advertising practices, products to use and bidding of jobs would be appreciated. I've done direct mail with good success and used yards signs, I have used Behr products to clean, strip, neutalize and stain decking. My price per sq. ft was around $2.00 a sq. ft. to clean, neutralize and stain a deck. A 10x20 deck would be around $400.00(railings, spindles and steps included in that price). Does this price seem in the ballpark for my location, is it high or low? I would like to get some help on bidding.

Thanks All!!

Hope to hear from you guys ..

Dan

Good morning everyone,

My name is Stephen Carter and I am the Southeast Field Sales Manager for The Flood Company. I live in Myrtle Beach, SC and cover the Coast of North Carolina, South Carolina, Columbia, SC and Atlanta. My position with the company is to meet existing Flood product users and/or new users that would like to either receive some training on our products or knowledge on how our products can increase your profit margins. I am looking forward to talking to as many of you professionals as I can. Please feel free to give me a call or email at any time. Thanks and everyone have a wonderful day.

Hello to everyone. I am new to the forum and also new to pressure washing. This forum has been a great learning tool and put me on to some good contacts. I am just starting my mobile wash business and hope to have all my equipment and insurance in place soon. Have a great day, Mark

Mark's Mobile Wash Louisiana

Hello all,

I have been in business for almost a year now and have joined several BBS. Lots of good information here and I look forward to learning more and growing my business in 2007. I will take delivery of my first hot water trailer rig in a week and am looking at going after some commercial accounts. Up to now I have done only residential. Looking forward to being a part of the "Scene".

Thanks Big Easy Floood Washer For Directing Me To The Grime Scene!

Hello ,

My Business Name Is Samsons Powerwashing,i Am Based Right Outside New Orleans . I've Been Power Washing For 2 1/2 Yrs. Servicing Residential And Light Comm. I Really Enjoy Putting The Hurt On Mildew, Grime, And Dirt! Nice To Meet People Who Do The Same! Looking Forward To Your Help And Hope I Can Be Of Some Help.

Power To The Powerwashers Samson.

Hi all,

Glad I stumbled onto you. Please forgive I haven't made use of any forums b4.

My company is ACS, I specialize in Graff removal. TBH it's all I want to do.

I use an enclosed trailer system, with a 3GPM flow and 240 deg Fahrenheit, plus 125 gal tank.

I run Canada's best coast and BC interior.

Looking forward to yakkin' with all a yaz.

Hello everyone!

My name is Marius and I'm president of Clean Start, Inc. We are a window cleaning company and only 1 year old. We concentrate on residential, but also do commercial work.

I want to add PW to our service this spring to bring in extra revenue. I'm here to learn as much as possible to be prepared. I think first I'll read through the forum and then ask questions if I have any.

Hi Marius......welcome over! Couple of things...please see the signature rules. Second, look at the NC Round Table coming up - this is a perfect opportunity to meet and network with quite a few fellow North Carolinians as well as meet some great folks from TGS!

Celeste

around christmas when my wife gave me a ... don't laugh, small electric pressure washer to do some around the house cleaning. especially our 400 sqft PT deck that hadn't been cleaned or sealed since being built almost 5 yrs. ago. well, the deck turned out pretty good using some Olympic deck cleaner, a good rinse & a light dilution of bleach & another good rinsing.

Then came the idea. Read lots of posts by alot of successful people that do this for a living & seem to ENJOY pw'ng. Then find a place to read those posts, maybe a call a few (hundred) of them... ok, just a few & find out what they do, use & then listen. Thanks Roger, Russell and a local guy that took an hour to give me the "dirt" on what made him successful in his commercial biz. Do's, don'ts, use this, not that, etc... I then proceded to do a deck for mom (she actually paid me as a biz write off) then more work (free at this point) on her house & also traded my creative sis her deck for biz cards layout/design & some estimate forms & letterhead. Also, took pic's of all the work i've done & have the usual before/during/after shots of progress. Getting there. Will get license, ins. & inc. soon.

I'm geting the hang of this by now, but know my little unit is going to peter out soon. You guys are ALL right by advising some practice & reading up. With 20 yrs. of restaurant mgmt. exp. I have the people/CS skills to sell myself & make a living from this. I want to focus on decks & build from there. There are so many in this part of NC, rental/vacation homes, & my wife is a realtor w/ co. that rents/sells them. I already have a 1200 sqft deck to strip, clean, neutralize & seal !!!

Now, i'd like your input on a starter PW mach. that will get me started. I have a 4x6' trailer, Jeep to pull it & willing to invest more after the 1st yr. Budget of $1000-1500 for machine, another $2-300 for chems/cleaners & a few necessities. Here's what i'm thinking.... honda motor w/ 9-13 hp, 3-4000 psi w/ 3-4gpm's, belt drive, cold h2o (hot later). What can i get into for this, or should i bump the budget for something like a Hotsby ($2100)? Have checked into Dewalt & also a few others w/ Honda motors. I also read alot about General pumps. How many more units are there i don't know about to consider? I'm probably not qualified to build my own. Thanks to everyone for ALL i have learned here in the past month & look forward to learning more. Water is OUR friend. David in Boone, NC