Sign in to follow this  
Mike

Welcome New Members! ..Introduce yourself

Question

New members continue to join The Grime Scene daily and I would like to welcome you all to the board. If you have a few extra minutes, take the time to introduce yourself and let us know a little about you and your company. No need to be shy here, we are all trying to acomplish the same thing here... network with others, educate yourself, and make some new friends. Welcome Again, and I look forward to talking to you all soon.

:lgwave:

305 answers to this question

hi all

I have been following this forum for a few weeks now as I try to learn as much as I can about the industry.

My name is Steven and I am from Scotland. I am 24 years old and recently bought a swimming pool service and maintenance company in Florida. I have been living in Florida with my fiance for 8 months and am loving every minute of it!

I would like to start a pressure washing business to run separately from my pool business. I have a lot to learn, but I'm the kind of person that asks questions and researches... I have learned a lot by reading your posts!!

I gained my Bachelors Degree in Sports Development and Leisure Management at the Scottish School of Sport Studies, and worked for 7 years in the health and fitness industry holding supervisory and management positions within exclusive and prestigious resorts. I am a qualified Personal Trainer as well as an athletics coach, and volunteered my services to coach children and adults while in Scotland.

My fiance and I ran a small screen printing business in Scotland while at University... we have always been quite entrepreneurial and have lots of energy!!!

We have a miniature schnauzer called Elmo.

Anyways, I hope to learn a lot from you all and look forward to a successful future in the industry.

Steven

Hello everyone. My name is Dink Bennett and I am the owner / operator of CSRA Pro Wash. I have been pressure washing for about 3 years now for family and friends. I haven't made a dime on it yet. However, I have decided that I would like this business to finally replace my full time job. I am located in North Augusta SC. That is right outside Augusta GA. I plan to serve the CSRA (Central Savannah River Area) and surrounding areas. I know that I have a lot to learn so please overlook rookie questions.The only chems I have used were from Lowes so I don't have any experience there. The unit that I have used up until now is a Craftsman 2000psi, 2.0 gpm. I have recently bought a new Alkota 5355JB (5.3 gpm 3500psi) on a 12' open trailer with a 525 gal. tank, 18' telescopic wand, 48" and 72" wand, 200' hose, Turbo nozzle, and a 24" Ground Force surface cleaner. I look forward to hanging out with you guys here.

Dink,

Welcome aboard!!

Dive in and ask questions.

I have a question for you....being that you are new to the industry. What is your perception of the drought situation in the south? How is this going to affect your business, being that you just started out in it? What kind of marketing will you be doing to try to convince your future customers that it is okay for them to hire you right in the middle of let's say a Level 3?

Thanks Celeste.

Carlos, the drought situation is severe here. We have lakes that are drying into streams. I'm sure that I have started my business at a less than perfect time. I'm not going to leave my job until the pw has really taken off. When the pw is steady and when I can say that I'm losing money because I have to go to work, then it will be time. As far as marketing right now - I'm not sure. I have learned from the boards that routine maintenance will save water, but I'm not sure a homeowner will look at it that way. I think a lot of them will say the way to save water is "don't wash it". I'm just going to keep an open mind about things and pray for rain. Sooner or later the drought conditions will pass. When it does, the pw industry here is going to boom. I want to be ready for it.

Well this is my first post on here so I wantta say hello to all. A few of you know of me from other forms on the net. I don't say alot but instead I read alot lol I am not new to pressure washing as I use to do it yrs ago. Only problem is what I had learned then is not how it is done now. I feel that everyone in here should be congratulated for the help that yall give out to people like myself trying to better ourselves. Someone ask a question and there is always someone answering it. Hopefully one day I will be able to chime in and give someone an answer but for now I feel as I need to read and learn so I don't give the wrong answer :) Anyway hello to all and keep up the great work!!! Thanks to all

My name is steve Choate and im in the planning stage of starting my own pressure washing company up.

This site is a gold mine of info.It's great to know when you need support it there..

Would like some tip's on equipment too buy. Would like to cover all the aspects of the pressure washing buisness..

I have 40k cash for equipment and 10k for marketing (no loans) also a 100k to survive threw the start up year..

Thank's and hope to talk to you all of you soon

L

Welcome aboard everyone!

Steve - I am just down the road from you in Norther Calif. I was up in OR and WA state back in September.

Send me an email and let me know what you are looking for. Hydroech is in Redlands Calif..that is just south of me.

Hey Grime Scene,

Scott McLeod founder of The Pressure Washing Guy here. Actually started in Jan 05. Early on, I was fortunate to meet some GOOD people here on the Grime Scene - they helped me get started (OTJ training, suppliers, pwna conventions, wood cert, etc). The rest I've had to learn on my own. Planning, Hard Work and Perseverence. My little business continues to grow each year! Launched MCLEOD Industrial Cleaning in Sept 07 providing commercial cleaning services. Central Pennsylvania - I got you covered.

Best of luck to each of you in 2008.

Hi all, I am new with this business as of yet I haven't started, Still working full time and checking out the biz. Looking to start in shreveport La. This forum is awesome lots of valuable info.

Just wanted to stop by and say hello.....again. I had originally signed us up under the screen name Bottom Feeder, but since we have moved forward and built many other products and offer many other services, I figured I would simply start a new screen name.

We are the guys that build the patented, and portable undercarriage cleaners known as the Bottom Feeder and Mud Cat. We manufacture these units as well as drive-over systems. We are a full fabrication shop as well that offers Tig and Mig welding services, plasma services, laser cutting, 5-axis water jet cutting, tube bending (using our rotary draw style bender, which is essentially the same as a mandrel bender without the internal mandrel). We do all sorts of things, so the company name is certainly appropriate!

Stop by and check out our site for a full view on what we do and read some news about us. We'd love to hear from any of you. We're glad to be a part of a great forum.

Todd Bradshaw

Owner

No Limit Industries

www.nolimitindustries.com

Hello all,

My name is Brian O'Sullivan and I have been reading threads all winter long. I started O'Sullivan's Pressure Washing in April and I am working in Rockland County, New York. I do residential pressure washing part time and I am busy. My business would not be where it is now if it was not for this site. Thanks to all for your help.

Brian

Hey Everyone

Just wanted to introduce myself, been comming and reading info for the past few month , just a wealth of knowledge, I ve had a painting company for the past 20 years still do but have added on pressure cleaning and roof cleaning division ,and window washing division to better meet the needs of my customers. Actually Ive nitched my company into an exterior maintinace for upper end homes were we offer yearly maintinance programs to meet their needs. I would rather get money ou of my customers once a year insead of once every 10 years jut ot repaint.

Thanks

Hey Everyone

Just wanted to introduce myself, been coming and reading info for the past few months , just a wealth of knowledge, I ve had a painting company for the past 20 years still do but have added on pressure cleaning and roof cleaning division ,and window washing division to better meet the needs of my customers. Actually Ive niched my company into an exterior maintenance for upper end homes were we offer yearly maintenance programs to meet their needs. I would rather get money out of my customers once a year instead of once every 10 years just to repaint.

Thanks for all the nuggets in the threads