Sign in to follow this  
Mike

Welcome New Members! ..Introduce yourself

Question

New members continue to join The Grime Scene daily and I would like to welcome you all to the board. If you have a few extra minutes, take the time to introduce yourself and let us know a little about you and your company. No need to be shy here, we are all trying to acomplish the same thing here... network with others, educate yourself, and make some new friends. Welcome Again, and I look forward to talking to you all soon.

:lgwave:

305 answers to this question

Welcome to the Grime Scene

Hello, We are New Brite Pressure Washing Services, located in Northern Middle Tennessee, just about 5 miles from the Kentucky State line. We have been reading this forum for several months and have been amazed at the wealth of information. About us: We are a husband/wife team. We use a Force 443 from Magnum Clean and do commercial and residential.

Take care and stay safe.

Hi, my name is Steven. I am starting my pressure washing business in citrus county, fl. I look to expand throughout central Florida. I have a 3700 psi with 3.2 gpm and a turbo tip. Im am purchasing a driveway cleaner also. Originally i wash a landscaper but i just got sick of it. I haven't really came up with a name yet. Only a few, I like all american pressure cleaning. I was wondering if you guys had any ideas. It will be much appreaciated. I have to pick my name soon because i will be making my final business cards this week. Thank you, steven.:D

You should Attend the event in Tampa in July, welcome to the Grime Scene

Hey everyone, my name is Chris and I am the owner/operator of Pine State POWER WASH, LLC out of South Portland, Maine. For any of you who know of Pete who used to work for Envirospec, I'm his kid. I've been around the pressure washing business since 1988 and am very excited to be out on my own. I do residential and commercial properties, trucks and fleets, wood restoration as well as anything else I can get my hands on. I'm happy I found this site and look forward to sharing things and talking about them with you all. I'm encouraged that the information I've read has been so informative. Thanks for having me and talk to you all soon!

Hello Grime Scene,

The names Greg and I’ve been washing house on and off for a few years. I started out taking almost any odd job dictated by the customer. My customers and their encouragement have helped me tremendously. My first cards and flyers were actually made by customers while I did work for them; I never asked, they’d just come out with ideas eager to help. My name “Neighborly Services” was actually something a customer had put on a flyer. I consider my customers to be the heart of my business. Having faithful regular customers has enabled me time to sit back and study these boards and provide a more professional services. It was much slower going and more difficult to find the info I needed until I found these boards about a year ago. I started by focusing on cleaning compounds and studying proper equipment so I wouldn’t be working from the trunk of a car/jeep. Now I have a trailer rig and soon a web site.

I have experience in wood finishing as a spray technician and went to a tech school for fine woodworking. Woodworking is more of a hobby, because I couldn’t get move out of the spray booth once I got good. The difference between working in a spray booth and in the field is like night and day. I have set up spray booths and a line of finishes for a couple of small companies’ years ago, and thought I’d eventually do the same for myself or mobile furniture touch up/repair.

I love working for myself (Neighborly Services), the work is often fun and there are less fumes.

This is getting kind of lengthy so I’ll finish by saying thanks!

I’ve learned a lot from reading your posts, and I will gladly post here again.

P.S. A message popped up encouraging me to post on here, it worked.

Hello Grime Scene,

The names Greg and Ive been washing house on and off for a few years. I started out taking almost any odd job dictated by the customer. My customers and their encouragement have helped me tremendously. My first cards and flyers were actually made by customers while I did work for them; I never asked, theyd just come out with ideas eager to help. My name Neighborly Services was actually something a customer had put on a flyer. I consider my customers to be the heart of my business. Having faithful regular customers has enabled me time to sit back and study these boards and provide a more professional services. It was much slower going and more difficult to find the info I needed until I found these boards about a year ago. I started by focusing on cleaning compounds and studying proper equipment so I wouldnt be working from the trunk of a car/jeep. Now I have a trailer rig and soon a web site.

I have experience in wood finishing as a spray technician and went to a tech school for fine woodworking. Woodworking is more of a hobby, because I couldnt get move out of the spray booth once I got good. The difference between working in a spray booth and in the field is like night and day. I have set up spray booths and a line of finishes for a couple of small companies years ago, and thought Id eventually do the same for myself or mobile furniture touch up/repair.

I love working for myself (Neighborly Services), the work is often fun and there are less fumes.

This is getting kind of lengthy so Ill finish by saying thanks!

Ive learned a lot from reading your posts, and I will gladly post here again.

P.S. A message popped up encouraging me to post on here, it worked.

Welcome to tgs Greg

Ron ********** text me for questions 480-522-5227 Pressure Washing Institute

I wanted to say hello to everyone and introduce myself formally.Im Jeff Carter and I feel as if I know most of you already from reading for so many years,some say lurking.; ).I really wanted to let you guys and gals know how instrumental for me it was having such a knowledge base available.The willingness to share information,techniques and products is truly awesome.I laugh now when i see a guy trying to get mix ratios,hints and "secrets",but it wasn't that long ago I was that guy.Everyone and I mean everyone I have dealt with,whether they are selling or working in the field have all been helpful and supportive.I hope in some way I will be able to go full circle and be a resource to someone as well.Thanx again and I hope to meet some of you guys soon!

Jeff Carter Carter Pro-Wash

Ok, so I'm slow to get around to the different areas, but dropped in here to say hello and introduce myself. I'm Brad Frost, and my company is Sud n Clean Power Washing. I spent over 12 years as a factory worker. In December of 2008, I and several others got laid off when the recession hit. I live and work in rural SW Arkansas, were agriculture is big, especially poultry and cattle. My initial thought was to find some service I could provide in the Agri sector. A friend asked me if I'd thought of pressure washing poultry houses. "No! And don't want to!" was my reply. But, before long the economics of being laid off bought me to a decision point. I was either going to get into logistics for a national trucking company, or buy a pressure washer and wash poultry houses. (I gather you've guessed what I chose.)

My first day of business was August 1, 2009, and I have to say, I really enjoy working for myself, providing a service that's needed, and not having to punch a time clock everyday. Yeah, I get filthy and smelly, but I get a kick at looking at a clean set of tunnel fans that used to be covered in dirt and dust. I've branched out and am PWNA certified in house washing, wood restoration, and roof washing. Last year I purchased a little 18" flat wash machine and have done several concrete projects. You can find me online at www.sudnclean.com, or search "Pressure Washing in Nashville, Ar" on MerchantCircle.com.

I really appreciate the help I've gotten already from the few posts I've submitted, as well as reading several threads on subjects I've been curious about. Hope to one day be a help to someone, just as many of you have been a help to me. Thanks!

Edited by Sud n Clean

Awesome story Brad!!!

And yes, I am the best "Boss Man" I've ever worked for.

Hello & Welcome!

Hey guys, I'm Trey. my business is Patriot Pro Clean and I started up early this year...have been on PTstate and constantly learning. I'm loving this industry, never going back. Looking to hanging around with you guys on here!

Hi All,

My name is Chris Case (some of you may know my dad, Peter or Dr Pete). I started a business in southern Maine in September of 2011. Pine State POWER WASH, LLC is the name. I, like dad, will give anything a shot! I clean trucks, houses, decks, shingles, boats and surfaces. I've been around the industry since 1988 and worked with dad in several different ways throughout he years. He was obviously a successful pressure washer, starting a business in central Maine in the 80's and being successful there before selling the business and hooking up with John Allison from Envirospec for two stints as a Vice President and President of that company in the 2000's. I worked for Envirospec for a short time when it was in Maine and also worked for a few police departments here before taking the dive into self employment. I look forward to working with you all and feel free to contact me at any time. Thanks for having the newbie section, also!

-Chris

Hi All,

My name is Chris Case (some of you may know my dad, Peter or Dr Pete). I started a business in southern Maine in September of 2011. Pine State POWER WASH, LLC is the name. I, like dad, will give anything a shot! I clean trucks, houses, decks, shingles, boats and surfaces. I've been around the industry since 1988 and worked with dad in several different ways throughout he years. He was obviously a successful pressure washer, starting a business in central Maine in the 80's and being successful there before selling the business and hooking up with John Allison from Envirospec for two stints as a Vice President and President of that company in the 2000's. I worked for Envirospec for a short time when it was in Maine and also worked for a few police departments here before taking the dive into self employment. I look forward to working with you all and feel free to contact me at any time. Thanks for having the newbie section, also!

-Chris

Hello Chris

Text me anytime for question 480-522-5227

Hello.

I am a semi retired painter.

My Dad started the business.. He came to the USA from Germany in the 1950s.

I do mostly insides because honestly exterior products for the last decade have been garbage.

I came here because I have a good customer who had a large cedar deck built and they want me to stain it.

I do not like any of the products that I used to use.

So I started to do some research and found this site.

I clicked on some links and saw some of the nice work done with Armstrong Clark.

I sent them an email with questions and the following day Jake called me to go over my questions because "he types poorly" LOL

What a nice guy. I sent away fro some samples and I'm in the process of making samples.

I thought I would make a blend of Amber & Cedar Semi but it is a little to light for the customer. They want more red and a little darker.

I'm waiting for some of the other samples to come so I can make some more samples. In the mean time I'm learning about what you guys do by reading posts.

Thanks for your knowledge.

Great site

Hello everyone… I am new here and just wanted to take a minute to introduce myself. I have been follow this forum last 2-3 weeks and getting very impressive staff related to cleaning service and pressure washing.

I am seeking knowledge about best windows cleaning service so I will ask lots of questions soon!

Hello everyone… I am new here and just wanted to take a minute to introduce myself. I have been follow this forum last 2-3 weeks and getting very impressive staff related to cleaning service and pressure washing.

I am seeking knowledge about best windows cleaning service so I will ask lots of questions soon!

Welcome toomsmith lot's of info here on TGS

please add a signature in your profile it's forum rules.

thanks..