Sign in to follow this  
Mike

Welcome New Members! ..Introduce yourself

Question

New members continue to join The Grime Scene daily and I would like to welcome you all to the board. If you have a few extra minutes, take the time to introduce yourself and let us know a little about you and your company. No need to be shy here, we are all trying to acomplish the same thing here... network with others, educate yourself, and make some new friends. Welcome Again, and I look forward to talking to you all soon.

:lgwave:

305 answers to this question

Hello Grime Scene Family

This is my first post on the Grime Scene even though I have been researching new or different cleaning ideas and techniques. I thought since I can't work this week due to temperatures I would take some time and make my first post.

A little about me

I've been pressure cleaning for over 10 years. Started with fleet washing which I no longer do(only first 2 years), a lot of new construction (which has slowed way down), now I focus on commercial (ie. buildings, apartment complexes, shopping centers...) and of course I do residential house washing.

I have a 27hp Kohler 6.5GMP 3700psi machine.

Hi, my name's Doug Black. I started pressure washing in high school as a Bleach Bandit ( a good one though :D) and quit for college. I was an Academy of Finance teacher,was in retail management, have helped oversee some residential home construction and recently have left my job to start my own business. I am studying handyman type construction full time but currently offer only pressurewashing. I have a 20hp 4500psi 5GPM cold water gas machine and a mosmatic 21' surface cleaner. My girlfriend currently makes a lot more than me but I'm fine with that. Anyway, just wanted to say hello and thanks for the site. Please forgive my website...it is very very ugly. May take it down for a bit too. Just started it yesterday.

Doug, I was looking at your site, what equipment are you cleaning roofs with?

Hello Grime Scene!

My name is Phil Rogers, and I am new to the pressure washing scene. I have been browsing around on TGS for a little while now, reading and learning. This coming week I am ordering a Pressure Pro 5.5GPM 3500 PSI trailer rig from Tracy with Sunbrite Supply. I currently work a full time job (IT work), so this business I have started will be strictly part time until I can build a strong customer base.

I chose pressure washing as a side business / future business because I like to work outside and I like the fact that pressure washing offers instant satisfaction to not only the customers eye, but to mine as well. I considered home improvements / remodeling, too, but truth be told, I know my limits and that is way beyond my talent and skill level.

I look forward to learning a lot from the site and also contributing, eventually. If anyone in the MD area has any room for someone to tag along on the weekends to learn, let me know!

Good evening all

My names Jeff Southern and I'm still trying to figure out how to get started in the business. I'm wanting to make sure I do it the right way the first time.

right equipment, enclosed trailer vs. open , right amount of insurance, etc. The site has already answered a bunch of questions and also has brought fourth new questions.

My companies name is Southern Pro Wash

Hello all, My name is John Freeman and I am in Birmingham,AL. I am getting back to the pressure washing business gretaly more involved than I was in the past. I am looking ar first to mainly pay for my equipment and then to provide extra income(if there is such a thing)!! I look forward to making new friends and here learning a lot and eventually share my experiences. Hello to all!!

Hi everyone, just wanted to introduce myself and say hello. I've been power washing for about 10 years (as a side business) and don't know why I never thought of getting into a forum. It was purely by happen stance I guess. I was looking to expand my business through winter by getting into the snow plowing business and was checking out one of their forums and was very impressed!! Figured there was a power washing forum as well and ....here I am.

Look forward to sharing, learning, and giving as well as making some new friends. I am a professional firefighter full time and do this side work so my wife can homeschool our 3 children.

Glad to know y'all~ :lgwave:

Let Us Spray Powerwashing

Richmond, VA

Col. 3:23

Hello! Been lurking on the forums awhile and thought I would introduce myself. My name is Wes Frazier, grew up in Alabaster, AL and in my father's painting and general contractor business. I decided painting wasn't for me, so I left for the military, got an art degree, am currently finishing up landscape architecture school in NC... and then I'm moving back home to open up my wash and wood restoration business. I guess there's no escaping Bama or the service industry. It looks like an active community around where I'll be, so I look forward to getting to know the locals!

Edited by NoPressure

Hey Everyone!

I have been reading the forums for about a month now and have learned a great deal of information. Currently I am upcoming graduate as of May, 2010 and looking to get into the PW with my partner. Our rig (3500 PSI @ 9GPM Hot Water) is already purchased and were both in hopes of saturating the Daytona / Volusia county with our service. I really want to thank all of you for the amount on knowledge and tips / tricks learned by reading all of your post. Me and my partner are both interested in a mentor, so if anyone would like to help us out feel free to pm me. Once again guys thank you for everything.

Hey Everyone,

My name is Quinten Farmer, I work with Chronotek.net, a telephone timekeeping software company. We work with a broad range of companies across many industries- basically anyone who might have employees working at various locations at any point in time. Our goal is to get a better feel for the needs and challenges faced by our customers, so that we can continue to improve our product to be more useful to you.

I'm not here to spam, advertise or derail the conversation in any way. I would really appreciate the opportunity to read whats going on, and participate when I have something of value to add to the conversation. If you have any questions or comments about what I do or why I'm here, feel free to contact me here or by email. I appreciate your hospitality and look forward to meeting you all!

Hi,

Im Kevin from Tn, i think im already a TGS, addict, lots of interesting ideas, opinions and myths going on here and alot of useful information as well,,, I have been doing KEC for a blistering 1 month 4 days and 11 hrs and 26 minutes, I have been fortunate enough not to have any easy jobs yet.....everything i have done so far has been negelected or not up to code or chinese or all of the above..

post-6687-137772335061_thumb.jpg

but by the grace of god as you can see in the fan above it has been cleaned every 3 months....at least that is what the sticker said. Thanks beth for fixing my logon.

Edited by HeggieK

Well Ive been browsing forum after forum and I finally settled on a forum. TGS is one of my top picks!

My Name is Nick and i own Pressure Performance. I have just started up this business not too long ago (but with a lot of planning) and the info on this site is great! I even had a phone call from another owner from NY call me by suprise and give me tons and tons of info! lots of friendly people here it seems. I look foward to one day meeting all of you and chating with you on the forum. Theres always something to be learned everyday.

Nick

Hi Nick. How are things out in the midwest?

Well for the most part slow, ive had only 2 jobs this month out of 400 flyers (which is pretty good i think) but im still looking into more advertising, such as the local newspaper and ect. after that hopefully i get more buisness.

It takes a while, I'm sure everyone here will agree. Once in a while I get a call from the ad I have in the Yellow Pages but everything else is referals from other customers. I'm 100 percent serious when I tell you that each day I come home there are 2 or 3 new jobs waiting on my answering machine. You'll have this problem too, just give it a little time. While you are waiting, learn as much as you can on this site by reading past posts. It will save you lots of time by finding the right and fastest way to do a job and save you lots of money by learning what type of equipment to buy and what not to buy. Enjoy the reading.

Hello All. My name is John. I am a Lic/Insured PW'er in N.Y. I have been reading the forums & gaining priceless info from all u veterens. Just want to say thank u & i hope to make some new friends on this site.