Sign in to follow this  
Mike

Welcome New Members! ..Introduce yourself

Question

New members continue to join The Grime Scene daily and I would like to welcome you all to the board. If you have a few extra minutes, take the time to introduce yourself and let us know a little about you and your company. No need to be shy here, we are all trying to acomplish the same thing here... network with others, educate yourself, and make some new friends. Welcome Again, and I look forward to talking to you all soon.

:lgwave:

305 answers to this question

This is Tom in Charleston Sc. I have been studying and brain storming power washing for sometime now. Looking as I drive around, I am trying to see things as "surfaces". Everything has one or two and most of those will need cleaning at sometime in it's life.

Anyway, looking at Hotsy trailer rigs. right now I realize it's top dollar, but I like the design, warranty and other factors. Seems to be a solid product. They will come for a demo next week. Any thoughts on this.Being that I am new and will have very little overhead, how would you market yourself. I need to learn the any machine before I go and advertise and then land an account I am not prepared for.

I wanted you all to know that is board has some of the best people on the web. Feels like home

Hello everybody. My name is Jeff, I'm from GA and would like to say thank you to everybody here. I have gotten some very valuable info here that has helped my business alot. I would also like to send my thoughts and prayers to the families of the 9 firefighters in SC that gave their lives trying to save others. I am also a FF and have lost 9 brothers in this tragic accident.

Hello, Mike..

My name is Brandon, I just started pressure washing. I love the business, but I need to know how 2 do the best, and charge the most reasonable prices in my area. I live in NC, and I have a 3800 psi,, 4gpm washer. I am getting great results with the equipment I have now. I want to get a hot water pressure washer. What do you think????

Brandon Phillips

Phillips Pressure Washing

919-796-6418

Eastern North Carolina

Brandon Phillips, Welcome to TGs. I think getting a hot washers a great idea. What do you plan on washing?

Check with the guys around here on who you should get it from. many have leads on who gives best service and price. I'm way out west and my dist wouldnt do you any good.

Goodluck

Hi everyone! My name is Chip and I live in Florida panhandle area. This site is great, especially for the inexperienced to gain valuable info. I have cleaned off and on for many years now and have both residential and commercial experience in roofs, concrete, bldgs., you name it. I wanted to respond to Phillips question about hot h2o machines. They are great if you will be using the machine for "proper applications". They do generally require more maintenance than cold water units and can be heavy to tow/haul in certain configurations. Anyway, good luck with your endeavors and lok forward to talking w/ everyone.

Hi ! My name is Jon I have a small business ,in Chattanooga Tn, called Family Lawnscapes. I found myself unemployed due to scheduling problems. I was given a couple of mowers by Family, and I went to work. It didnt last long due to the drought we are suffering here and so I am in the process of looking for another job. I thought I could make a living mowing but not this year! I used to clean heavy equipment, trucks, and anything else that needed to be cleaned on a construction site as part of my job. I started studying pwing again on another forum more geared to lawn work.I have learned alot and purchased a hot water unit, hose, x jet, trailer, videos, brushes, wands, and another small unit just for houses. I have been reading on this forum for awhile just reading post by post. I intend to go "pro" and am not afraid to work. I am insured and ready to go. I am open to help criticism and oppurtunity. All my Equipment is paid for so I dont eat much.

I have a Simpson Water Shotgun 3000 psi and 4.0 gpm Hot

I also have B&S 2250psi 2.5 gpm

also 150 feet of hose 100 ft of supply hose

2 wands 1 3ft and one 5 ft

a telescoper, xjet adding a downstreamer when I get my trailer finished with reels

I have a 5 by 8 dual axle trailer with a box on the front.

I know its not everything I need But I hope It will get me rolling

:lgwave:My name is Todd. I've been washing for two years now. But thanks to these forums. And mostly this forum. I am making good money and doing way better quality than folks around here could ever tell me how to. Stepped

up to the Hydro Tek 5.6gpm 3500 psi Ultimate machine. Well worth the money.

Hello everyone, my name is Mario and I am in the Bay Area, Santa Cruz/Monterey area. I am 28 yrs. old and with three kids now hourly pay dont cut it. I currently have a good goverment job, with benefits, and a lot of paid time off. However, I have always wanted to have my own business so I went out and bought my self a DeWalt 3750PSI,4GPM Cold H2O and thought this machine will make me some easy money, man was I wrong. This pressure washing business is like learning a new language

I have been learingn so much on here it is great. The "search" function is great. I plan on cleaning driveways and houses only. After I become a "Pro" at those two I will then get more involved with decks.

I noticed that most people on here are from the Mid-West or the East Coast, anyone here from California(Northern)? Anyoner else use a DeWalt Pressure Washer?

Sorry about all the typing, I could keep on going and it is 2AM. Thanks to everyone on here, it feels like a big family.

Hello everyone! My name is Craig Aldrich Owner/Operations Mgr of Sparkle Window Cleaning in "Beautiful" Canyon Lake Calif. Always open to learning & possibly sharing some nuggets!

Also to razz one of my Buds Larry Laczko:) anyhow look forward to participating and this looks like a rockin site!!!

Hi all I'm Ray I live in N.E. Indiana. I have been searching hard about starting up my own PW biz. I would love to hear from all of you guys expecily those of you in the midwest as to what to expect the first year what equipment that is must have I'm not talking about the stuff you can't live without now 3yrs later but I do like suggestions. I like most don't have a big budget and need to keep up my current income level I think I can continue my reg job (3rd shift) tell they close the doors on us (looking bad) sad.gif I plan on doing mostly res. for a start I have a truck and I also have a 3\4 ton cargo van that I can use whats everyone think trailer vs. van to start.

thanks in advance for all the help .

this seems like a great place to collaborate ideas to raise the level of productivity\profit

Ray

Greetings from the Hoosier State! I've been around for a bit as a brouser. Just decided to jump on in. I'm like many, building a mountain out of a mole hill! Alas, Endeavor to perservere!

I've got a great area to work with, very few moving water in this town. Lots of potentail!

I really appreciate the atmosphere and all the info here. Saved me some $ and headache already!!

Til then,

Technovator