Sign in to follow this  
Mike

Welcome New Members! ..Introduce yourself

Question

New members continue to join The Grime Scene daily and I would like to welcome you all to the board. If you have a few extra minutes, take the time to introduce yourself and let us know a little about you and your company. No need to be shy here, we are all trying to acomplish the same thing here... network with others, educate yourself, and make some new friends. Welcome Again, and I look forward to talking to you all soon.

:lgwave:

305 answers to this question

Hi all,

Newbie to TGS and to all the boards I have been reading related to the PW business. I must say the people in this business are some of the most helpful and insightful around.

I am just getting started in pressure washing and looking to get a business up and running while I currently work full time. I have been reading everything I can and I think it is a great choice for me to expand into this arena.

I see a large amount of people posting are from the southern regions so I wonder how the northerners get by when the weather turns. I am in PA, just outside Philadelphia so I would imagine a few months are out due to temps. I would to talk to anyone around Philly, I think there are a few here!

I will surely have more questions as I get going, but I figured now was as good a time as any to stop lurking.

Michael

hi' like to say hello to everybody on this board. i'm new to the powerwashing buisness and will like to learn more about powerwashing. i just got me an 4000 psi 4 gpm powerwasher and an x-jet.i have my buisness license and insurance. looking for some advice on a setup.i live in chester va, about 20 min from richmond.i'm doing houses and decks and looking for the right setup to do roofs.i'll like to get a trailer for my setup. i'm leaning toward a enclosed trailer but will take some advice. thanks. any help will be helpful. thanks again steve

Hi everybody,

First off, thanks to all the pros on here for sharing their knowledge. The info you share has helped me a lot and fostered a lot of respect for the serious pws out there. This is my first post on any forum so work with me here. I've been washing windows professionally for almost 10 years now and after cleaning up after countless pws, seeing poor work, and at the request of my clients decided to give pressure cleaning a shot. I was a bit reluctant at first but after two years I have plenty of confidence with it. There are tons of guys in my area in the industry but only a few that I know of that truly provide a quality service. I feel very fortunate for the clientele that I have and do very little advertising. Our company consists of myself, one full timer, and one part timer (soon to be another). We use a trailer mounted 5.5, 3500 hot water skid w/ tank, lots of hose and accessories, 3 surface cleaners, and 2 cold water portable units. Mostly residential since I have 5 kids and a wife to support and really can't see working nights and weekends if I don't have to. Anyway, I've gotta cut this off but wanted to say hi and thanks again! You guys are great!

Just like to take a moment to introduce myself as for the last 2 weeks I have been reading all the expert advice and comments. I hope that someday I will be able to help someone else out myself.

I recently bought a trailer mounted 4000 psi 4.0 gpm cold water unit with accessories and 200 gal tank. I've had some problems with the pump and I have had lots of help on this site troubleshooting and it should be working fine after a little work.

Not sure if I am going to go 100 percent with this but am thinking serious about it. I am checking out what insurance and some start up marketing will cost. I know that real soon I need to add a hot water box or spring for a new hot water pressure washer. I think cold water will limit me as the tough grease and oil jobs I would have to pass on.

Anyway, I would like to work with someone for few days and just check it out and ask some questions and make a decision then. I am in Houston and am willing to travel to Dallas, San Antonio or Austin if someone can put up with me.

Before I forget let me just say that I haven't seen a profession yet where so many people come together and pitch in to help each other. Its very nice to see professionals giving back and not just taking all the time. The site is well ran and just a tremendos resouurce for those already in business and those like myself on the outside looking in and wondering if this is right for me.

Thanks for having me.

Steve

Good evening all,

I have visited this site several times in the past and really enjoyed the information shared.I have been p-washing for a little over a year as an independent owner ,before that i was in a partnership.

I am looking forward to learning a great deal more in the future. I am part time washing in the macon area and full time with the local police department. I enjoy brainstorming so if there is any thing that I can help with let me know. Josh Sanderson

M&C Pressure Washing

Macon Georgia

478-447-6534

My name is Richard, I'm from Bloomington, IN. and I'm pretty new to the pressure wash business, only about a year+, but I've had my own business of Window Tinting for over 10 years.

I decided last year to get into window cleaning, which branched into pressure washing by customer request and It turns out that pressure washing is much more enjoyable and profitable than window cleaning, so I prefer to do the pressure washing.

Thanks for having a great board!

Hey, Just thought I'd say hi and that I really appreciate this site very, very much. Well I've recently started business (operating for 6 months) using marketing stratgies that I found right here. I intend to grow slowly and methodically until I can do this full time. I would like to specialize in roofs and housewashes however, I'm open to new chalanges. Doing my first wood restoration this week. Again thanks so very much for this great knowledge base to pull from. Thanks

Steve at

Davis Cove Power Washer Plus

in Louisiana

daviscovepwp@yahoo.com

I've been hanging around here doing some reading and researching the business. My name is Shaun and I am very eager to learn this profession. Is anyone in the Phoenix area interested in free labor in exchange for your knowledge? I am very professional and an extremely hard worker.

HELLO ALL !!! Yep, another newby.Just starting,roofs.I think this is a super board esp with such helpful attitudes from everyone. Hope to contribute soon myself,after gaining usefull experance. If anyone is willing, I would appreciate a copy of what you include in your work proprosals/or contracts. I just need ideas to help develope my own. Sometime in near future, may show my startup eqpt (soon as I learn how to work this board!) located in Smithfield,NC.email me @ cgp@bellsouth.net. Cleaning first roof job TODAY!

Thanks for your help. later; Jimbo.icon7.gif

Hello everyone!

I wanted to take a minute to introduce myself. I am Scott Thompson. I have been researching powerwashing for several months and plan to open my own business in the spring of 2007. I will be based in Connecticut. I have done some powerwashing in the past for a friend, but I am sure I have alot to learn. I have never run a business so I will be paying particular attention to any information about running this type of business. I look forward to having a great experience here.

Regards,

Scott

Hi, It's great to meet everyone on this informational forum. My P/W business is a spin off of my landscaping business. Both are doing well now but it was a slow start. I'm an ex corporate plant manager that said enough is enough. Reports, sales, employee issues, audits. I had it with corp. america.

I guess this is the place to say hello.

My name is Ben and I recently started my pressure washing company in Portland, Oregon. It's a rough start, being in a new state with a new business but I'm sure things will pick up.

I want to personally thank all of you for offering your experiences and expertise to make up such an amazing forum. I know for a fact that I'd have overlooked many facets of this business if not for your help. I hope one day to return the favor.

First nice forums ! I am not here to promote the company that i work for 15 years now. I thought i might read some post and offer advise or solutions to equipment problems as i see them. Thanks for letting me on your forums :) Bill Mathews Pressure Pro

First nice forums ! I am not here to promote the company that i work for 15 years now. I thought i might read some post and offer advise or solutions to equipment problems as i see them. Thanks for letting me on your forums :) Bill Mathews Pressure Pro

Hi Bill,

Welcome , all advise is welcomed, you've come to a great PW Board TGS is a great place

Thank everybody over at PP got the new machinne and will be cranking it up today

Thanks

Jeff

Hi everyone, I have been looking at several forums for weeks and what I have seen on here is that there are very good educational discussions that go on everyday, and that is wonderful for someone like myself who is new to the business. I have just started my company within the last month I am only doing it part time because I am a offshore electrician. Hopefully though one day this business GOD willing will make enough profit to were I can work around home. So I will have plenty of questions if everyone can tolerate it, if so thanks in advance.