Sign in to follow this  
Pete Marentay

PWNA Members Invited To Bid

PWNA works to promote its member companies at every possible turn. Recently, a number of large operations have looked to our association as a good source of professional contractors. The latest example of this is the Kohl’s Department Store chain. The headquarters of this company has been in communication with PWNA to have its members provide regular power-wash services for 99 locations around the country.

Paul Horsley, President of PWNA, was delighted to announce this new development to the Directors this week. Board member Henry Bockman has been acting as liaison with Kohl’s, and worked with the company to ensure that PWNA members would be the preferred vendors to the chain.

Every location on the list is to be cleaned twice each year. Jobs vary in size, but are not large ones and do not require extra equipment. Bids are expected very quickly. If you are interested in bidding on this work, the details of what work is to be performed and which stores are included in the package are available to members. Call PWNA Headquarters at 1-800-393-PWNA to have the information sent to you by email or fax.

That is really cool. With 675 locations and PwNA members to wash 99, who gets the other 576? Last year I had never heard of them and now they are everywhere.

Maybe they are trying to divide the work so non PWNA companies get a chance to do some also.Could be some buildings are handled by property management companies and they can take bids from whom ever they want.There are 10 stores in Ga. from Macon north.Looks like Cujo and some of the other Ga. guys will be busy.

Nope it reads like its supposed to. Where trying very hard to offer what PWNA members want most....which is benefits in one form or another. So who's your daddy:cool:

Hope this thread does not turn sour. Great news from the PWNA. I am not a member plus don't have access to the site but it sounds like the organization is really trying to get back on track. Kudo's to everyone that was involved.

Now let's hope the members that get these jobs provide a fabulous service.

I think PWNA is stepping in the right direction. People have been saying for years that they wanted to see how it would effect their bottom line directly. Well, nothing in life is free, but the opportunity to be a preferred vendor, is outstanding. Sure you still have to bid and win, but you have to do that as a matter of business regardless. But that stamp...PWNA Member...well that means something here in a big way. There is also a teaser on the PWNA's BBS about another huge opportunity coming down the pike - to the tune of 20 Mil. This is not chump change. There was also an opportunity to work with Trex this summer for members.

Keep up the great work guys. :dancing:

Beth:cup:

Hello Henry,

It sure does sound like there is some positive energy coming out of PWNA. That is good for the organization and the industry. Again, congrats to all.

Where have I (we) been? Simply put...busy. It has been a remarkable year for us on all facets of the business with considerable growth in everything that we are doing. We added a quality assurance team to our service(s) and it has proven to be a positive component to our business. Our real estate program steadily picked up momentum throughout the summer and we just signed up another real estate company last week in the San Francisco area. We are looking at something in the Reno, NV area but have not sealed the deal on that...this would be a big contract for us if we get it.

On top of everything else, we are smack dab in the middle of a move. We purchased a new home recently and are in the midst of moving. Moving sucks!

As you see, we are "moving and shaking" ~ literally :). Spoke to Matt about a month or so ago and I do visit the TGS everyday just to see what is going on.

....Great to hear about your success Carlos! Glad the year has been great for you guys, I am really impressed with your business model and ideas.

...again, great news on the pwna front. Though I don't consider myself a pwasher per se, I still like to keep a finger on the pulse of the industry. This kind of thing makes me want to join pwna, if for no other reason that network building. Seems to me, there are lots of pwna members that us "boardies" don't even know about, guys in the nation that do tons of work, big operations. It would great to network with those guys and learn from them. I think the pwna members that know a guy like Carlos, a West Coaster, should wine and dine him to membership. He is the kind of person you need to bolster that area of the country, someone who brings positivity and ideas, and not conflict and distress. I really think that the pwna should work on strengthening the West, and it would be a slow process, but ultimately is necessary for a strong organization. I just think a guy like Carlos would bring a lot of muscle for this type of growth.

....another growth I've noticed from the pwna is laying off of the people against the idea. For some reason, there are people that just don't like anything, and will find fault with any type of idea. I WOULD NOT WASTE ANY MORE TIME TRYING TO CONVINCE THESE PEOPLE OF THE VIRTUES OF PWNA, USE THE ENERGY FOR POSITIVE THINGS!! There are enough people out there that are just unlearned or unaware that are prospects. Not to stereotype one-man-shows, but they seem to feel they have the least to gain from pwna (pleeeeaaase don't jump on this statement--it is only my observation). That is fine, I think an organization like this would be most beneficial to the guy that wants to GROW. There are a lot of people out there looking to grow their biz, and a lot give up due to the difficulties. THESE are the members you are looking for. Just my opinions, I guess this wasn't really a hijack, the thread was started more as a statement of fact, and perhaps a dialogue starter.

Hey Jon,

I agree Carlos would make a wonderful addition to the PWNA and the West coast companies would also.

Since I've gotten on the BOD at PWNA I've learned a lot about how the org works and how much time people put into their BOD positions. I know this has been said before but until you see it in action, you really "don't know". The PWNA has made quite a few changes in the last six months and I can see the just how much potential is there that I never thought about before.

These contract opportunities will be a growing trend and so will the PWNA's exposure in the national spotlight. Programs like CAA will also continue to grow and get more attention each year. The new website will get better rankings, more exposure and work for it's members. The classes at the conventions will teach us more ways to market our companies, different techniques to run our companies and help us all MAKE MORE MONEY!

I'm syched and I'm glad to be a part of the PWNA's future.

Sign in to follow this