Sign in to follow this  
ParadiseProWash

Prayer Needed

Question

Most of you know me I havnt been on here in a while but I have been around. I am asking all my friends to pray for my daughter. Tue Night December 6 th my oldest daughter Shelby being 13 yrs old had a massive stroke and just got out of intensive care tonight December the 9th. They moved here to a room but she has a long road ahead of her. She lost all speech and all control or movement on her right side. She cannot move her right hand or her right leg. Please tell church's we need all the prayer we can get. The doctors have told us that the blood clot is very large and there is nothing they can do about it.

43 answers to this question

Morgan,

Wow, that's a lot to handle. Just try and keep your mind on the fact that she's still growing and her little body is capable of change and adaptation that we only barely understand. You have the prayers of my family and I, and I'll be sure and pass this along. I do not know if I'm close enough to be of much assitance, but please let me know if there is anything I can help with.

Morgan,

What a terrible thing to happen. I have two daughters myself and cannot imagine being in a position where I could not "fix" it and make it all better. I know this is an awful time of year to be dealing with this, so if there is anything you need, please feel free to call. Alabama's not to far from Tenn and the trip would be well worth it. Our business is only two months old, so there's not a lot to offer, but we can give you all the Xstream Clean pens and business cards you need !! Just kidding, again we are very sorry and you will definately be in our prayers..

Brian Riley

God Bless you and you family. No matter how bad a situation seems at the time, it's up to you to make it a positive. Be by her side and help her through this. She needs you to be strong. I truly hope her new path leads to many good things and she will have a full recovery. My prayers have been sent.

Craig

Morgan,

We'll be praying for Shelby and the rest of the rest of you during this trying time.Keep faith big guy,God makes miracles happen all the time.We'll add her to the prayer list sunday. If you need to talk give me a call.

Morgan ,my heart was saddened after reading this request. I have two young girls and can only imagine your heart felt pain. It is so hard not to ask why in a situation like this,but we have to realize that God's plan is perfect and he will see you through this.Keep the faith,and I will definately be praying for your daughter and your family.

We too have a 13 year old daughter. I can't begin to imagine what you and you family are going through. My wife is an ICU nurse, so I know there are limits as to what doctors can do, buy I also know that there is no limit as to what God can do. Shelby is in our prayers.

Our prayers are to your daughter and family. I have a 10 year old daughter and could not imagine what you are going though at this time. My Father is a retired Navy Chaplain and still Ordained Minister. I will see if he can make some connections upstairs for you. Modern medicine is getting better everyday, but the Lord will prevail.

In our prayers.

Dave and Family

Update this morning she is able to get uhhu and unuh as to say yes and no. She also has a pain reflex in her right arm and the doctors say that this is a good thing. She is in the hospital in Lebonhor childrens hospital in Memphis and now St Jude is getting involved to see if she may have a blood disorder. This is her second stroke her first was when she was 8 yrs old and was very mild compared to this one. All your help on this prayer request means alot to my family. I am a christian and I know the lords will will prevail just please keep praying and pass this along. I am off to the hospital Thank you.

Morgan

Morgan I am aware that not only this child but your others too have medical problems but you are strong and so are they, time heals and helps those that need it most.

Give her the time she needs, give her all the spare love you can and allow the doctors to do what they do best and she will surprise you in many ways.

Jon

Update 12/11/05 Shelby woke up this morning and can move her right leg and is trying to prop it up on her own. This is awesome because yesterday she could only move her big toe. Shelby also has movement in her right arm pushing, she still cannot pull and is getting frustrated that she cant. Yesterday the arm was limb and she couldnt move anything on it not even a finger. Speech will be the last thing she will get back because it was the first thing effected and the doctors said it was the worst hit out of everything. All I can say is Praise God and keep praying. Thanks everybody.

Morgan:lgkick:

Update, Shelby was put in a wheel chair and they took her to get a bath. She looks alot better now that the blood and stuff is off of her. She had no real changes since this mornings update but Ill take baby steps forward any day.

I knows there power in prayer thats why I have asked so many to pray for her and yes the prayer is working. Please dont stop praying its all we have right now but in my eyes its more than any doctor could ever do.

Thank you everyone

Morgan

Morgan,

I haven't met you before, but I will say the our prayers are with you and your daughter. From my experience, as a registered nurse, keep the faith. Kids are very resilient and they are remarkable healers. If you do get the opportunity, try to get hooked up with the Shriners Hospital system. They are phenomenal and an excellent organization to be involved with.

I wish the best for your daughter and your family.

Lebonheur Hospital is the only Childrens Hospital in this area and people come here to Memphis from all over the world because Lebonheur is the hospital that does all of St Judes surgerys. St Jude is a research hospital it actualy doesnt do any surgerys that is left for Lebonheur and St Jude picks up the bill. We dont have a Shriners Hospital anywere close to here to my knowledge but thank you for trying to give me helpful advice it is appreciated. Faith is the only thing keeping me and my wife going right now so you can believe that my Faith will never waiver. For those of you who dont know me or about Shelby she has had many heart surgeries and her last Heart Surgery ended up with a complete Fontain Surgery which is a major reconstruction of the heart. She has had a heart attach at the age of 7, a minor stroke at the age of 8, she has a pace maker and now this major Stoke at the age of 13. God is the only thing that has kept me and my wife sane through all these things that began when she was just 2 days old. Thanks for all the support it is much appreciated. God Bless you all

Morgan

Morgan,

I haven't met you before, but I will say the our prayers are with you and your daughter. From my experience, as a registered nurse, keep the faith. Kids are very resilient and they are remarkable healers. If you do get the opportunity, try to get hooked up with the Shriners Hospital system. They are phenomenal and an excellent organization to be involved with.

I wish the best for your daughter and your family.

She also has a pain reflex in her right arm and the doctors say that this is a good thing.

That is a very good thing. Stroke causes paralysis by destroying the neural pathways. If there is a reaction to pain, the nerves still have contact with the brain. Even if they are damaged, damaged nerves regenerate well because they have an active "core" to build upon/around. "Severed" nerves rarely rebuild because they lack a guild to lead them.

I know it's hard to find a bright spot in this situation, but from what you have posted she really has some good things going for her. If this were you or I, the prognosis would not be good. But as a teenager, physical/cellular growth and development is very rapid. She's right around the pubescent/post-pubescent period, which is the most aggressive period of growth. She has some intact neural pathways and can experience pain.

We'll keep praying, you just try and be strong.

Please dont stop praying its all we have right now but in my eyes its more than any doctor could ever do.

Let's all not forget to pray for wisdom and guidance for the doctors who are caring for little Shelby. Sometimes it's easy to forget they are human too and could use a little help from above as well..