Sign in to follow this  
Beth n Rod

Crime & Trauma Scene Cleanup Seminar - April 10-12, Kansas City, MO

Crime & Trauma Scene Cleanup Seminar - April 10-12, Kansas City, MO

http://www.biocleaningservices.com/Page.html

Thought someone might find this interesting. I understand there is some good money in this service. If anyone goes we would be interested in hearing about it here on TGS.

Beth

I've talked to a couple of people and have read about it. I think there was a Cleaner Time's article. You have to be prepared for GROSSSSS. Not only blood guts. Allot of animal stuff. Like a lady who had 200 cats in her house. Not all living!!

I do not think we would, but then we tried hoods and didn't like them either. However, I think it is a good opportunity to make money, and if you can get past the ...gross factor....then why not look into it? Some people scoop dogie do also.

Beth

I'll check this out, if I can swing it. Just a little two hour drive, and it seems interesting.

At the end of the 90's there was widespread discussion of this business on the CB and in truckstops. Some were touting this as a way for retiring and fed-up OTR drivers to go into business for themselves. I don't know of anybody that actually did it though. It seems there was a franchiser out there called something like, "Crimscene Cleaners". My interest was piqued, but that's as far as it ever went for me.

I've also been contemplating running a "Spring Cleaning" flyer soon and have been trying to decide whether Manure removal was going to be part of it. Not really my bag, if you'll pardon the pun, but if it gets me in the yard I'm confident there are additional sales to be made.

Anybody else planning on going to this?

I can only speak for Virginia, most jurisdictions call the fire department to wash down the blood at crime scenes and vehicle accidents. If it happens to be on private property (inside a house or apartment) the owner have to clean it up.

I once used a trauma cleanup service. The company was referred to me by the local police dept.

Seems that the company was run by a group of firefighters and cops who were not only familiar with dealing with the event, but also had work schedule flexibility to run the business.

For myself, no way I could do that sort of cleanup. Not for me at any amount of money involved. I like to sleep at night when I lay my head down.

It is kind of wild that you brought this up. I just found out that some one commited suicide by my storage sheds. They didn't have to call me the fire dept. cleaned it up.

Charlie

By the way the storage area is in a good part of town

I'll check this out, if I can swing it. Just a little two hour drive, and it seems interesting.

The cost of the Bio Technician Course is $880.00 per person

Did you read that line Scott?

Scott

Scott

A little steep but u would make that back on the first job. Those pics are right on too. If u have a week stomach go to next post now.

We got a call one time to an apartment complex, cause of a foul odor. We call the fire dept and went in. Sure enough the guy had slit his own throat with a carpet knife laying in perfectly straight position. He had been dead about a week they guessed. Talk about redefining bloating. I guess the messiest one I had to do was when a 37 yr old man just moved back in with his parents, and finally lost it. They came home after a weekend get-a-way to find him at the bottom of the stairs. When u looked up the stairs leading to the 2nd floor it looked like a true horror flic. He had slit his wrists width and length and started jogging, yes jogging, around the entire second floor. That one had to be one of the messiest ones I had to remediate. I only had to clean one scene up when the family was still there. Now THAT was weird, they did not like the fact that we came in looking like astronaunts in our suits, luckly we have this guy that gos along with us to run intereference.

Anyway, I would go for it BIG money:lgmoneyey and the physical work is easy

Scott

I was hoping that on further perusal, I might find some additional info. I still may head down and see what the participants have to say. Maybe rub elbows a bit. In any event, I'd have to have more information about this service before I'd sign up for the training. Time to get in the research gear.:)

January hit me with a mess of unexpected expenses in the household, so I have to gin up some new business quick!

How are things down there, Scott? Is anything getting back to normal? Are you able to ply the trade around there? I hope you and yours are hanging in OK.:)

Better for me, still sucks for about 200,00 people though.Won't be OK till they fund category 5 levees and close the MRGO.The rest we will deal with if need be.

Watch for the next thing to really **** people off.Our coast and wetlands were ruined from oil companies and we get zero royalties from the oil unlike I think 48 other states.Our governor is denying new offshore leases and not renewing old ones as they come up.When people in California and northerners with heating oil dependance get jacked for higher prices we'll get our royalties and fix our coast and levees then.

Enough ranting, thanks for asking Scott.

Scott

Beth, I like to check out what others are doing to make a living. This work, while undeniably not attractive, has real potential to make decent money while providing a needed service.

I can't imagine what the families think when they are confronted with such a situation, and then are informed that they are responsible for the cleanup. People just don't think of needing services like this until they are faced with an already emotion-fraught episode. This is where opportunity meets compassion. If decent, ethical people avoid this field; it devolves to those of perhaps lesser moral uprightness.

I couldn't believe the number of scammers that were attracted to me when I was badly injured in a crash. This was a tough time for my family, and my prognosis was good, imagine how vulnerable one would be after a devastating loss in the home.

My area is blessed in that we have a fairly low crime rate, and our FD HAZMAT team handles much of the trauma and violent crime-scene cleanup because if they didn't, they would often be idle. However, the meth-lab cleanup is an exploding new market we are just beginning to get an idea the size of. Recent news has it that the surrounding counties are looking for qualified personnel to handle this.

As I say, I'm always interested to see where a few more dollars can be earned while doing some kind of good.

Sign in to follow this