Sign in to follow this  
Jeff

Who's washing

Question

Just wondering how everybody's season is starting, Are you busy yet, are you getting calls yet, a lot of calls, a few. Are you busy now, or to early for your area.

What kind of work are you getting houses. decks , roofs, commercial ?

We've been doing great all through the winter with the commercial, condos garages etc. But The last 2 weeks Ive been getting a lot of residential calls and jobs, a lot of regulars and several new from referalls and Yellow pages.

Whats it looking like for you all?

Hope to hear about your work and see some more pics soon

Best of luck to all you great folks

JL

17 answers to this question

Just starting to do estimates here. I will start a couple jobs next week, it's been getting in the 50's and some 60's lately so it's time. I have had some butterflies in my stomach, I think I'm just overly anxious and more than ready to hit it.

I have done a couple houses here and there but it has started off Slow. I have 2 phone book ads, I run 2 ads in 2 newspapers that go out every two weeks (no daily paper around here), and I have 200 postcards that are going to hit a high end subdivison the first week of April. I've been on 2 bids this week (decks) which total almost 1700 in work. I would be nice to get those I sure do need a shot in the arm right now.

My season starts at the end of Feb/beginning of March. For the last 3 weeks, we have been washing 2 to 3 houses per day. The calls keep coming, and usually don't slow down till the end of July/August, then pick back up from September till Christmas.

I now have a small ad in the Yellow Book and a very small ad in the local Community Phone Book. Each book has a coupon for a free driveway cleaning with housewash. Both books generate lots of calls, and since I give my web address in the ad, most callers have already seen it and know why they should call me! lol

Most of my business (now in my 7th year) is repeats and referrals. I offer discounts to repeat customers and promise not to embarrass them with any referrals they may send. To generate business in Jan/Feb, I mail Christmas cards to as many customers as I can (usually 3 - 500) timing them to reach them as close to Christmas as possible.

Booked 8hrs/day, 3 days a week til May 1st! 100% resi. local advert magazine (similar to money mailer, but bound.), local newspaper, 2 local yellow pages.

Dang, Im dead in the water. Only phone calls Im getting are sales calls. My add in local paper comes out today, and last year it generated tons of business. If it doesnt this year im in trouble. This is the slowest month Ive had since I started out. Fortunately I had some painting and handy man work through a realtor friend, and my neighbor is having me paint his house, or id be starving this month.

We're full until the end of May so far - Home & Garden show doesn't happen for three more weeks and the local phone book hasn't even come out yet!

My side is cranking up as well! Have an entire apartment complex to bid for renovations - floors & countertops :)

Celeste

What a year so far, I'm about 40% more in gross now than i was at this time last year. I Love This Biz!!!

Just landed another big one, will be signing soon and doing it within the next few months. Its 48 large 3 story condo buildings, clean all the buildings, all sidewalks, all gutters and we are figuring a price on cleaning the dryer vents of lint etc , plus replacing the dryer vent screens with new screens. We just have to wait for some repair construction to finish. Its going to be a big job thats for sure.

Working on a schedule for them, it looks like we'll do buildings every 2 years, gutters every 6 months and possibly dryer vents every 6 months. This is also the company that I've been looking at all 60 of their properties.

You know I still look back and say if it wasnt for these BB's I might still be doing a lot of things the hard way. What a great resource!

JL

Only washing I'm doing is my truck every week.

Oh wait I'm no longer a Pressure Washer but a book seller now.

All this new construction here keeps the roads muddy & dust flying in the air, hence my dirty truck washing every week.

I'm averaging 3 estimates a day for the last two weeks. I'm booked for residential work through the middle of May. Getting quite a few roofs this year already. The mildew up here is outrageous. Starting my deck restorations tomorrow. Up til now, I've been doing house washes exclusively. Hooray for warmer temps:lgbounces

Washed a couple of houses over the weekend. ( ice on the deck). Sundays are good for the neighbors to come over and watch. Decks today and garage doors. Still in the low 30's here in the AM. But 60ty by noon.