Sign in to follow this  
James

Weather

Question

27 answers to this question

Just talked to my guys and they were going thru Harrisburg this morning, said it was snowing so hard there for bout 10 min. that they pulled off the road for a lil.

Where did spring get to??:confused:

Bill,

Thanks. Rub it in. Friggin' North Carolina where a winter is more like spring. Thats OK, my time will come. One day the wife and I will retire to Costa Rica and grow ipe and mahogany.

Ken and FullBlast,

Blowing snow in Havertown and Harrisburg? That's just west of me. Great. Was going to at least stage a job to start staining tomorrow. Guess I'll have to keep busy ranting on the bleach thread...

There is a wall of water sliding across Pa. now & headed for Jersey. More rain. Rain today, rain tonight, rain tomorrow. Can't stain. First reschedule of the year coming up. Times like these make 'ya wish you worked at WalMart.

We had good weather for 2 days. Starting on my next set of homes to power wash and the forecast calls for rain this afternoon through next Wednesday.

Not good!!!

81, sunny and hot here! Only bad thing here is the March wind. It's low level all day, but at 4pm each day it starts 15-20 till dusk...

81, sunny and hot here! Only bad thing here is the March wind. It's low level all day, but at 4pm each day it starts 15-20 till dusk...

Ditto that. I'm already starting to wish it was winter again, mid 80's all week, but the evenings are sweet!! Wind sucks, but hasn't been as bad here this March, as it was last March.

Today it wasn't suppose to be raining in the middle of the state. Maybe a drizzle?. Well it rained hard then Hard sleet and snow. It was a housewash and going up for sale. I doubled all the solutions X-jetted the whole house .Saved hour and half in time Froze my as@2 off.

I don't know how you guys deal with that kind of weather. I'd be on the first bus outa there :vroom:

Hey, at least I've never woken up to the house shaking in an earthquake! I get a little advance notice with hurricanes! And boy does a good wet summer mean good business next year!

:) that's what all my family says back there in Kentucky. It hasn't been a big deal yet, and I've been through about 4 pretty big ones. The last one was centered in Big Bear about 4 miles from my house...knocked some stuff off of walls and my wifes hutch, but other than that I was back asleep within a half hour. You kinda get use to it I guess.....

If there were 6 or 7 a year, I would leave here. You guys have all kinds of storms and rain, doesn't it get a little depressing? That is about the only reason that I don't move back to KY myself. I love it there and it will probably always be my home, but I don't think that I could live there because of the weather.

If there were 6 or 7 a year, I would leave here. You guys have all kinds of storms and rain, doesn't it get a little depressing?

Oh hell no! Usually the sun is back out shining within an hour, but everything has been watered, including the mold! What's depressing is knowing that the highs will be in the mid to upper 90s, with a few 100+ days thrown in, until sometimes in September!

yeah, that's the bad thing about here. It's 104 right now and it only gets worse in July and August. I use to work at a Solar Plant and we would see the temps around 130 pretty regularly...with all the reflections and stuff...I don't think that it was really that hot out, just being around all those mirrors.