Sign in to follow this  
mdspowerwashing

Poll: What type of pressure washing rig do you use?

What type (portable/trailer/truck) of pressure washer do you use?  

618 members have voted

1. 1. What type (portable/trailer/truck) of pressure washer do you use?

• Trailer Mounted
    • Portable Gas
    • Portable Electric
    • Truck or Van Mounted
    • Other

Question

Hi, I was just looking to see what type of pressure washer you guys use - Portable pressure washer , Trailer mounted rig, Box van/ truck mounted, or other.

I have a trailer mounted rig (delco 5.5gpm hot water) with 525 gallon tank, and I also have a portable 13hp 4gpm cold machine. I've been thinking lately, I do mostly house washing and decks, I usually pull my 18 foot pressure washing trailer. For most, if not all my jobs, I could just use the portable 13hp pressure washer. Do most you guys have trailer rigs, or just use a portable pressure washer?

I'm actually thinking of just selling the whole trailer mounted rig, and keeping my portable 13hp 4gpm machine, x jet, nozzles, wand, chemicals, ladder and just using it. Its kind of a pain to lug around a 18 foot trailer and back into some tight places, not to mention the extra wear on the truck, and decreased fuel milage. What do you guys think? Sell it or keep it? I know its nice to have 5.5gpm and the hot water, but I just don't seem to do a lot of concrete cleaning where I need the hot water.

Thanks, Matt

174 answers to this question

I have a tandem axle 8x12 trailer. I have 2 large water tanks, 1 4gpm and 1 8gpm machine. I will try to post some pics of the inside of the trailer soon.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]16982[/ATTACH]pencil.png

...and you have an awesome looking truck!

I mainly use a 14' trailer w 5200 lb axles with brakes. Alkota 5GPM 4000psi unit with 525 gal tank. Also four 35 gal chemical tanks w chemical wand/pump hard mounted.

Also have a couple portable/bed units with 225 tanks.

Real easy with toolboxes hose reels, etc on the trailer. Also the chemical gun and tanks is very handy.

He still is innocent until proven guilty. The case stairs still hasn't changed so he is still in county awaiting the grand jury. I haven't herd anything about him in a while and thought he may be free somewhere lurking possibly.

Yeah always guilty till proven innocent , that really how it works.

He still is innocent until proven guilty. The case stairs still hasn't changed so he is still in county awaiting the grand jury. I haven't herd anything about him in a while and thought he may be free somewhere lurking possibly.

Hi, I was just looking to see what type of pressure washer you guys use - Portable pressure washer , Trailer mounted rig, Box van/ truck mounted, or other.

I have a trailer mounted rig (delco 5.5gpm hot water) with 525 gallon tank, and I also have a portable 13hp 4gpm cold machine. I've been thinking lately, I do mostly house washing and decks, I usually pull my 18 foot pressure washing trailer. For most, if not all my jobs, I could just use the portable 13hp pressure washer. Do most you guys have trailer rigs, or just use a portable pressure washer?

I'm actually thinking of just selling the whole trailer mounted rig, and keeping my portable 13hp 4gpm machine, x jet, nozzles, wand, chemicals, ladder and just using it. Its kind of a pain to lug around a 18 foot trailer and back into some tight places, not to mention the extra wear on the truck, and decreased fuel milage. What do you guys think? Sell it or keep it? I know its nice to have 5.5gpm and the hot water, but I just don't seem to do a lot of concrete cleaning where I need the hot water.

Thanks, Matt

I have been in the business for quite some time and I have to say that I have switched pumps many, many times. I have yet to find one that I am happy with but I recently got wind of the shurflo pumps from Spraysmarter. Does anyone have experience with this type? Thanks for the input!

I have been in the business for quite some time and I have to say that I have switched pumps many, many times. I have yet to find one that I am happy with but I recently got wind of the shurflo pumps from Spraysmarter. Does anyone have experience with this type? Thanks for the input!

Shurflos are good pumps but not the "IN" pump of today, the Delavans and the new Flojet Pentaflex series are the best bang for the buck these days for softwashing and roof cleaning

Guest Bell

I have 2 hotsy pressure washers 1200 series mounted in a 16' enclosed trailer and a steel eagle surface cleaner. This works well and I always have a backup.

We have a 14 ft trailer custom. We had to have our designed especially for Garage Cleaning. We had two engineers , one from Stanford the other from England, to help design our hydraulic system. We have a 3.3 liter turbo diesel as the main power plant. Trailer was designed to handle 6,000 lbs every 3 ft. suspended off the ground. Our suspension is a rubber ride axles custom ordered to our specs. two 9 k axles with no springs.

We also have another 3.8 liter 4 cyl Kubota Turbo Diesel Engine, computer controlled Trailer. Specs are 14 GPM at 4,000 psi with twin 3/4 inch coils 300+ ft long 1.5 mil BTU Burners.

All trailers are Powder Coated to 10 mil or thicker for chemical resistance. Suspension is Torflex springLESS with 17.5 inch 16 ply tires. Hydraulic systems on the above trailer and this one. We are also building a MOTORIZED 7 ft wide surface cleaner.

ANOTHER Filtration unit is also built for this unit. It is our smallest filter of the three filtration units. It is over 25 GPM flow with a 12 kw perking power plant whisper quite generator.

We also have another 3.8 liter 4 cyl Kubota Turbo Diesel Engine, computer controlled Trailer. Specs are 14 GPM at 4,000 psi with twin 3/4 inch coils 300+ ft long 1.5 mil BTU Burners.

All trailers are Powder Coated to 10 mil or thicker for chemical resistance. Suspension is Torflex springLESS with 17.5 inch 16 ply tires. Hydraulic systems on the above trailer and this one. We are also building a MOTORIZED 7 ft wide surface cleaner.

ANOTHER Filtration unit is also built for this unit. It is our smallest filter of the three filtration units. It is over 25 GPM flow with a 12 kw perking power plant whisper quite generator.

What chemicals does your trailer come in contact with that it needs to be resistant to?

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk

What chemicals does your trailer come in contact with that it needs to be resistant to?

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk

Bio Degradable Detergent and the products that we remove from the DEEP Cleaning of the surface of the garage. To many to list here.

According to the lab test that we did some years ago from the run off of a Parking Garage and of a Drive Thru, the product that was removed from these types of cleanings can cause damage to the paint and especially to our Childrens Environment.

Here is the link of a video showing that this stuff should be reclaim and filter, then disposed of into the POTW system with a permit. This is also true for ALL Drive In's that are located at Burger King, Mc Donald's, Jack in the Box, Chick Fillets, KFC and any other drive Thru's.

I know Tony you have expressed reservations about this and I am afraid that I will not be able to discuss this with you on this BBS so you do not need to respond to me for an answer.

However, If anyone would like to discuss this in detail, please call me at my cell. Leave a message and I will call you back when I have some free time.

Thank you

Which one was that video taken at Jim? Burger King, Chick-fil-a or KFC? (No response necessary)

Once again you are trying to tie infrequent garage cleaning runoff into the same category as frequently cleaned drive-thrus. This is where we differ.

There has always been a difference between cleaning fleets and rinsing down used cars at the car lots. You are like the fleet guy who is mad because he has to reclaim so he goes on a crusade to make the poor guys rinsing used cars have to reclaim too, just for spite.

It's disgusting and a petty way to do business.

The industry could have benefited from your entry into the public realm. Considering the path you have taken the only way the industry will ever benefit is at your exit.

This time I have asked you no questions So there is no need to reply. You've never answered any questions I've proposed before except this one. I almost fell out of my chair. Your answer was informative and would have been appreciated and understood had you not tried to pretend that Burger King runoff is the same.

Just out of curiosity. What is being done with the runoff into the storm drains from these places, not to mention our roadways, every time it rains? Oh I see.......NOTHING! Exactly how long do these contaminants stay trapped in the surface of concrete with constant weathering? Right...nothing is forever. So, in reality, it's the cities that want concrete and asphalt roadways which should have reclaim systems intercepting all water that goes into storm drains, right? It's not exactly environmentally friendly to waste massive amounts of resources for every contractor on the planet to buy and maintain reclaim equipment when it could be done more efficiently by the cities themselves.

I get the feeling this isn't really about environmental concerns. It's more about chest pounding and pushing the small guy out of business.

Just out of curiosity. What is being done with the runoff into the storm drains from these places, not to mention our roadways, every time it rains? Oh I see.......NOTHING! Exactly how long do these contaminants stay trapped in the surface of concrete with constant weathering? Right...nothing is forever. So, in reality, it's the cities that want concrete and asphalt roadways which should have reclaim systems intercepting all water that goes into storm drains, right? It's not exactly environmentally friendly to waste massive amounts of resources for every contractor on the planet to buy and maintain reclaim equipment when it could be done more efficiently by the cities themselves.

I get the feeling this isn't really about environmental concerns. It's more about chest pounding and pushing the small guy out of business.

Outstanding observation in red above.

In a drivethru we are being asked to believe that it is preferable to

spend an extra 20 minutes of small engine from a vacuum and pump puffing exhaust out into the atmosphere -

fueled by a few gallons of fuel -

some of which got spilled at the gas station -

where it was delivered by a 5 mpg semi truck puffing exhaust across country -

after being refined accompanied by whatever fumes that may have produced (been to Houston lately?)

and having been shipped across the ocean in a tanker that may or may not have spilled much of its cargo -

bought from a country of people who want to see us all dead.

In exchange for all that we capture a miniscule amount of something or another which may or may not even be harmful to anything (french fry grease alert! SAVE THE CHILDREN!!!) -

- And scalp our cities with pricing that is borderline criminal especially in this economy where people are being laid off city jobs.

It's some of the most ridiculous and self destructive thought processes this country has ever given itself to.

I can produce a video like Jim's if I just stirred up a little dirt from the bottom of Lake Tahoe and sumped it out. Big deal. It's a little dirty. Having participated in garage cleanings before I can tell you first hand that Solid Black runoff comes off in sheets even where there is not a drop of oil. It is simply dirt and tire marks. Yes, those deadly tires that they have thrown in ocean to make reefs for years that kill all our fish and children.

In response to Jim's video. I'd like for everyone to bow their heads in remembrance of the millions of children killed from the BP oil spill. Oops, my bad, Didn't happen!

Where did it all go? It went through the best filter every known to mankind - God's filter: nature.

I know this is an old thread that has changed topics from its original topic to several others but here goes.

I currently am using a 5.6 gpm 2500 psi portable pressure washer in the bed of my truck. It has been working wonderfully but I am already looking into getting a hot water skid mounted in a trailer.